3037 replies to this topic

#2941 Adrian Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 545 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 06 December 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

It's actually because it invalidates heat as an issue in a team vs. team environment.

Just a reminder to go to page 2 here and like the quoted post. For posterity of course.

#2942 AceTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

It looks like Niko Locked my Profile views... I think he was getting jealous that i was catching up to him

#2943 ZnSeventeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:22 AM

Well, think it is a ridiculous idea that not only breaks lore and logic, but has the potential to really break game play. In any case, I am boycotting it until I am certain that it is not some form of P2W. I can live with MC purchasable mechs as long as they aren't really any better, the dev's got to make money, and with cockpit items, camo, all that jazz, I spend money on that stuff, but gold ammo is bull. That is the main reason I never spent a dime on WoT, gold ammo. If I could have ground out "gold ammo" somehow, sure, but just money, stupid.
Okay, my dislike of this idea is known, though if it is implemented well, I may feel otherwise.
Here's hoping.

#2944 Vapor Trail

• 1,287 posts
  • LocationNorfolk VA

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

View PostAdrian Steel, on 05 March 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

Just a reminder to go to page 2 here and like the quoted post. For posterity of course.

Quick way to do it is the little loopy arrow in the byline. Click that and it takes you to the quoted post. (For example click the one above and it'll take you to Adrian Steel's post. Click the one there and it takes you to Garth's.

#2945 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

I'm gonna expound on this a little more.

4 modules, MC only 1 shot. 8 man team whos leader is a millionaire and gives each of his 8 lancemates 1,000 bucks to buy tons of MC.

each modules costs 100 MC per shot, 1 Fluid flush, 1 arty strike, 1 whatever the 3rd MC only idea was. And then advanced sensor for posterity.

so now we have 300MC in 1 time consumables. Money is no issue to this 8 man.

so we have 8 arty strikes. 8 fluid flushes of 35%. 8 whatever that 3rd crappy MC only thing was.

Yeah, that is so not P2W.

no...wait...

#2946 Dirus Nigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:45 AM

View PostI am, on 04 March 2013 - 11:53 PM, said:

I like the idea. Over heating is no fun.

Lets just fight and fight and fight and fight and... Oops I got capped.

I'm sorry that spam firing your PPCs have a consequence that you cannot manage to handle. I over heat very infrequently because I know how to A) build a mech that is heat efficient and know how to manage my fire in order to not over heat in the first place. I consider playing on a Caustic Valley a challenge, not a personal screw you by PGI.

If you do not want to lose a match by a base cap, defend your base.

View Postmwhighlander, on 04 March 2013 - 11:58 PM, said:

Quoting you because you make a solid point.

I can guarantee you that someone at IGP had a MAJOR influence in this bs consumable system, because it requires players to continually purchase MC.

After I got over my reactive WTF, and therapy through memes, this is the conclusion I came to. Paul, and Bryan did not make this decision. Some yuts executive in IGP got the idea that this would be great for their money maker.

The forum members need to look at it this way. Paul, Bryan, and the other devs at PGI make most of the design decisions for the game. However they are still at the whim of their bosses and the executives that run the company.

R.A. Salvatore did not kill Chewbacca, and Brian Micheal Bendis did not turn Marvel's Ultimate univers into utter drivel. They had to work with what they were told to do by the people who owned/ran the IPs in the best way they knew how. Just as the dev team for MWO has to do.

Edited by Dirus Nigh, 05 March 2013 - 12:46 AM.

#2947 p00k

• 1,661 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:50 AM

View PostDirus Nigh, on 05 March 2013 - 12:45 AM, said:

The forum members need to look at it this way. Paul, Bryan, and the other devs at PGI make most of the design decisions for the game. However they are still at the whim of their bosses and the executives that run the company.

and that matters because...?
ok, you want to believe that paul and bryan and the other devs at pgi are on our side. you want to believe that they adamantly rejected this obvious pay2win scheme, but were overruled by higher-ups. let's say you're right. so what? in the end the pay2win scheme is still implemented.

#2948 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

Magical popsicles to cool yourself off! Just give us your wallet, and we'll pull coolant popsicles out of the ether and give them to you mid-battle! We'll send either a faerie or a cherub to bring them to you right to your cockpit, then suspend time while you cool off, and restart it when your mech is no longer suffering the effects of your mishandling it!

Hey PGI, how about an ice cold beer instead? I'll pay for that. And I'll buy you guys beers too! You deserve them.

Oh, and dump the whole idea of coolant modules....

#2949 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:59 AM

View Postp00k, on 05 March 2013 - 12:50 AM, said:

and that matters because...?
ok, you want to believe that paul and bryan and the other devs at pgi are on our side. you want to believe that they adamantly rejected this obvious pay2win scheme, but were overruled by higher-ups. let's say you're right. so what? in the end the pay2win scheme is still implemented.

I'm sorry was the rational comment about curbing blind vitriol towards Paul, and Bryan for every thing about the game to subtle? I am not assuming that Paul and Bryan love the idea any more than they hate it. I have no idea what they think about it. No more than you do. The fact of the matter is that not all decisions are made by them. However they are the ones that have to implement them.

#2950 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:04 AM

5203 and holding strong... was he trying to devalue my importance? Don't understand what his goal was

Edited by AceTimberwolf, 05 March 2013 - 01:05 AM.

#2951 Flashripper

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

Make MC and Cbill modules identical. As it is going to be implemented now is clearly PayToWin. I'm not gonna invest more into the game until the modules are identical.

#2952 Sol Fin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:23 AM

Personally I think coolant flush should NOT be in game at all. In any competitive play it will allow to project more damage in very limited amount of time. Do you remember how armor HP was doubled? That was exactly a fix that was trying to solve that "quick kills" problem.

#2953 Eraos

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

View PostDirus Nigh, on 05 March 2013 - 12:45 AM, said:

After I got over my reactive WTF, and therapy through memes, this is the conclusion I came to. Paul, and Bryan did not make this decision. Some yuts executive in IGP got the idea that this would be great for their money maker.

Not sure that this is the case; but not sure that it isn't the case, either. One thing that I do know is that the difference between the MC and C-Bill purchased modules do smack of Pay2Win, in my opinion -- and I hate them; and what they represent for the path of the game.

Thus, let me put this into language that will hopefully speak to someone: I have disposable income, and I have not been shy about purchasing MC in the past. I own four hero mechs (Flame/Fang/Ilya/Yen-Lo-Wang), have spent a bunch of MC on paint; and have been on premium time for the past three months (which is basically right when I started playing the game -- December 2012).

Flatly put, I would guess that I am pretty close to their ideal customer -- and while I'm not going to threaten to take my ball and go home (i.e. it would be silly to threaten to leave a game that I still enjoy playing); I will simply say that I use my disposable income only to further goals and support companies that do things that I like.

I do not like this; and I won't be spending $0.01 more on MC while MC can buy things that C-Bills cannot; if those things are flatly better/more powerful (like many in this thread, I feel that previous to this the things that MC could buy were only convenience items that didn't particularly affect game balance).

So, whomever made this decision: I don't know how your profiteering math looks, but you can put all of the money that I otherwise would have paid you in the "negative" column, because you won't be seeing any of it. Maybe it doesn't make such a difference -- even if I spent money in the past, I am only one person; right?

Then again, I highly doubt that I am the only one that takes this position, particularly since this post is going to end up on page 152 of this comment thread -- I wonder how many people completely curtailing their spending it would take for the ledger to end up a net-negative for this whole Pay2Win thrust.

#2954 Writer

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

The only sane way this can be implemented is if flushing coolant causes a percentage decrease to your total heat capacity and dissipation rate afterwards (you flushed coolant out of the thing meant to keep your stompy robot from overheating. Of course it's not going to work as well now). In it's current form it's a blatant cashgrab.

If PGI simply implements them simply as a P2W consumable they're going to turn MWO into MW4, with no one giving a **** about heat. This will help kill MWO.

#2955 semalferuzA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

It'd be nice if C-bill and MC were the same %/module slots but the MC one only had to be purchased once per mech.

Example: C-Bill 35% costs 500k C-bills per use. (Limit 1 per game)
MC 35% costs 300 MC per mech unlimited use. (Limit 1 per game)

However, I don't want coolant flush to be added period. I think it detracts from the game more than it adds. But if it has to be implemented it should at least be equal effectiveness.

#2956 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:40 AM

View PostVapor Trail, on 04 March 2013 - 11:54 PM, said:

Well all of them, especially the MC version are consumable... So each can only be activated ONCE. For a one time shot of 35% of max cooling. (or once for 15 and once for 20). Then you gotta buy them again.

That said, a little bad idea, is still a bad idea. Coolant flush as a massless, critless mechanic. No Thank You.
Coolant flush that both requires the consumable module, and a consumable tonnage and crit using equipment item. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe.

I'm curious about the pricing. Most modules are priced (in Cbills) about the cost of a light to medium mech... wonder if these are going to be of the same scale. If they're cheap, they're going to adversely affect heat management mechanics. Certain builds are going to eat these like candy, while others aren't going to care one way or another (Gausskitty).

Example: Splatapult. Only thing that makes them anywhere near vulnerable is heat buildup from the weapons. Give them another "heat free" shot and it'll just result in another dead mech.

The Gauss Kitty needs something else instead. I suggest "Ammo Supply". Simply calls in a supply aircraft that reloads 15/20/35 % of your ammo.
And for the Brawlers, a "Repair Drone". Launches a small drone that restores 15/20/35 % of your armour!

#2957 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:42 AM

Dis fred is movin 2 slow.

Posted Image

#2958 CrashieJ

• 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:48 AM

6Can Catapults and 6Part STALKERS with Coolant flushes and Artillery Strikes.

WHAT THE HELL PGI?!? ARE YOU TRYING TO SABOTAGE YOUR OWN GAME?

#2959 El Penguin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 478 posts
  • LocationAntartica

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

Sadly I get the feeling they are desperate for money... They can't be surprised about this at all. I don't understand

#2960 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

View Postgavilatius, on 05 March 2013 - 01:48 AM, said:

6Can Catapults and 6Part STALKERS with Coolant flushes and Artillery Strikes.

WHAT THE HELL PGI?!? ARE YOU TRYING TO SABOTAGE YOUR OWN GAME?

Obviously we don't know that answer but it is moving towards a heralding もちろん!

still no movement in my 'you know what'

Edited by AceTimberwolf, 05 March 2013 - 01:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users