Make Ecm Access A Master Skill For Each Variant.

3 replies to this topic

#1 Voidsinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,340 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

One thing I have noticed in the last few days is how many people who don't have much experience in a type, are suddenly playing it to get access to ECM. It is annoying.

Looking at modules, none is truly overpowering, but yet an extra module slot is a Master Ability.

So I propose a different way:

Make ECM a Master Skill slot for any variant able to carry it.

This helps solve several issues:-

People playing certain mechs just for ECM. This is bad for the game, and leads to a huge lack of diversity among mech types fielded. We are seeing that now.

More variants would have ECM available. Having done the grind in a variant, you suddenly find it inferior due to lack ECM access. Requiring a Master skill means more chassis can be added to those that can carry ECM.

Lack of options at Master level. This adds something to do with those extra XP once you hit Master level.

THE EXCEPTION

The exception to this rule would be where a mech comes with built in ECM (Right now, just the Raven 3L). In this situation, they may gain early access to ECM if, and only if, they take a stock model with no customisation.

This helps get rid of many of the Streak Ravens out there.

It also makes being a Master of a chassis more special. You've earned the right to a customisation that others do not have.

Let me just get my flameproof suit on, because I know some aren't going to like this.

#2 DeadlyNerd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

There's 1 hitch here. EVERYONE already has the master mech skills. It's not THAT hard.

#3 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

I think this is a bad idea.

#4 Voidsinger

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,340 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

Everyone already has Master mech skills in the mechs they usually pilot.

While I would like to see ECM available to all (and downpowered a bit), consider this an intermediate step.

ECM is supposed to be exclusive tech, hence the best pilots should get it.

For chassis that don't normally have it, how many units would allow the customisation to fit it?

If your chassis usually has it, is your commander going to allow a noobie pilot on the type access to customisation?

Yes, I know people can still convert mech XP to General XP and do it that way. However, it is expensive (MC costs real money), and you need mech XP available to do it. You also need to buy 3 mechs of the type. Nothing is unexploitable, especially in this game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users