Ask The Devs 28!

196 replies to this topic

#181 xDark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

Will MWO ever support TrackIR5? It would add SO much immersion to the game.

#182 Hoshi Toranaga

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 435 posts
  • LocationAround

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

Up until now PGI has stuck with canon and TT as close as they could.
However with ECM you did something that is neither TT nor canon tech, but something completely new. While many think that the TT version of ECM would have been OK for this game and less of a "must have" item, but a nice addition (much like the current Beagle).
Why did you go down this road of throwing TT and canon out of the window for a single system, which in change of course is totally unbalanced?

#183 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:52 AM

Would it be possible to have camo patterns and colors as a store item?

Example, you buy the premium color pack along with the "spotted werehamster pattern™", now you will be able to use these for all your mechs without extra costs involved (apart from C-Bills).

#184 Ogresan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

Is the cockpit glass for the founders Atlas ever going to change to match the exterior?

#185 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:43 AM

Are there any plans on implementing true multi display options clientside?
The best option would be to let the user choose what to do with the 2nd and 3rd screen (either tactical map full display or expanding the pilot view left and right to fill the 3 screens)

I cant play fullscreen if I have 2 Monitors because every time I move my mouse out too far, then the game minimizes on me mid blattle... that gets a bit anoying.

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 10 December 2012 - 06:19 AM.

#186 Valkyrie Red one

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationa galaxy far far away

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

where do i start.

Q1:will there be different modes or all battles will play out the same way(capture base or kill all). we will get more objective oriented missions with co-op and NPC enemies like helos and tanks?

Q2:will there be any sort of salvage and such?(is, in my opinion, quite integral to the MW universe)

Q3:any chance to see super mechs(yes i mean more 100ton assault mechs. i love the fafnir!)

Q4:i have a centurion CN9-A and was trying different loadouts. my favorite was 3x streak SRMs. unfo the cost of repairs and rearming ended costing me more than what i was earning in every battle, win, loss or performance. will this get worse with bigger mechs and better weapons? is there a possibility for ammo to get cheaper or at least making more in a battle without premium?

Q5:any chance for coolant?

Q6:some mechs have unused arms like my centurion. is there a possibility for some sort of melee combat with those arms, or even with armed arms? i would love sticking my gauss in the face of a catapult and shooting it with my barrel physically touching the hull(i get damaged too ofcourse

Q7:had an idea. could you implement damage in smaller scale, like damaged joints limiting speed or range of an arm, torso stuck or turning with difficulty, damaged or completely destroyed systems that stop the input of info in the HUD, missile hatches that don't close leaving missiles exposed to enemy fire, seeing metal actually melt, etc.

Edited by Valkyrie Red one, 10 December 2012 - 08:26 AM.

#187 Tyrolus Lucien

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:10 AM

Would you consider adjusting the amount of c-bills per point of damage upwards by say a factor of 10 to decrease the 8 mechs sneak to base cap incentive? If folks make more for doing more damage, perhaps they'll engage in actual team on team combat rather than less honorable means of making their c-bills?

Also, with the release of the Clans, will there be a possibility for folks to purchase a trueblood option similar to the founder option the freebirthers had during closed beta?

Looking forward to CW. Any juicy updates as regards the implementation of that, would be eagerly anticipated.

#188 Havyek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:16 AM

Do you plan on implementing a lobby-based system so that leages/ladders can be implemented?

What are your initial plans/thoughts on Community Warfare, and is there a timeline that you guys are shooting for?

#189 Anuri

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 86 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

Do you guys have a complete design document contatining the final vision in details or are you doing things on the fly and just have a main direction?

Edited by Anuri, 10 December 2012 - 07:26 AM.

#190 Rushin Roulette

• 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

Could you please (pretty please with LRMs on top) remove the firing delay from the Balistic weapons? Its hard enough hitting anything with the damn weapons if you have to fight against lag... but haveing to calculate opponent lag and your own ping (partially up to 3 or 4 mech lengths depending on speed) plus variously different firing delay times between weapon types makes it just that much worse.

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 10 December 2012 - 07:27 AM.

#191 Skyscream Sapphire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

View PostxDark, on 10 December 2012 - 04:33 AM, said:

Will MWO ever support TrackIR5? It would add SO much immersion to the game.

Good question! Consist it seconded!

Also, related to immersion, when do you plan to turn the 3D Vision option on that is currently grayed out in the options menu? Have you been keeping to proper 3 dimensional coding practices or taking 2d projection shortcuts that are going to lead to stereo implentation issues?

#192 Jakob Knight

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:33 AM

What was the intent of introducing ECM into the game? Was it supposed to be a stealth system for light scout mechs, or a means for assault mechs to shut down all LRM use against them? If the former, why did the Atlas get ECM, and if the later, why the light mechs? Lastly, how can it be claimed that TAG is the counter to ECM when ECM nullifies TAG at effective ranges?

#193 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

View PostJakob Knight, on 10 December 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

What was the intent of introducing ECM into the game? Was it supposed to be a stealth system for light scout mechs, or a means for assault mechs to shut down all LRM use against them? If the former, why did the Atlas get ECM, and if the later, why the light mechs? Lastly, how can it be claimed that TAG is the counter to ECM when ECM nullifies TAG at effective ranges?

http://www.sarna.net...rdian_ECM_Suite
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/ECM

#194 Comassion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

Are we going to see a more fully-featured critical hit system, like engine damage that produces extra heat, or actuator damage that affects the 'mech in various ways?

#195 Jakob Knight

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

View PostStormwolf, on 10 December 2012 - 08:03 AM, said:

Neither of those is the system in MWO. Also, neither of those articles sheds light on what the Devs saw as ECM's role in their game or why it was introduced in the first place. As it stands, it seems contradictory to have it on an Assault and a Light mech both.

#196 Pando

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

Can we send PGI/IGP Christmas presents? If so, what does PGI/IGP want for Christmas?

#197 Helwintr

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

is there any general concensus on how clan tech is going to be represented? will the clan weapons and mechs be like they were in mechwarrior 4 mercenaries where they were only a ittle more powerful than inner sphere tech or will you guys try to stay canon and have the clan mechs be uber death machines where one clan mech could go toe to toe with three inner sphere mechs of the same tonnage? in short would we see 5 mechs (Clan star) on 12 (three lances) matches. or can we get larger scale matches? like 12 on 12 or 16 on 16?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users