97 replies to this topic

#21 Onyx Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, EARTH MK II

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

Bah humbug :)

But thanks for the heads up Garth...

How about at fix for any build running Gauss and an XL?...they are death traps now. The 90% explosion chance + 3 health + explosions actually working right now = Over nerf....

As soon as my armor is pierced in my XL phracts...I'm dead...blows half my atlas apart as soon as the armor is pierced....can't store the gun in the legs/arms like ammo to limit damage so it is a major handicap....MUCH More so then the exploding ammo for other weapons.

I think just fixing explosions and having the 60% chance would have been good enough nerf...if you need more, up the heat by 2-3 to limit the weapons you can fire with gauss at the same time...and/or raise the refresh time from 4 to 4.10-4.25

Edited by Onyx Rain, 07 December 2012 - 08:34 PM.

#22 Sybreed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

Garth, do you know if they fixed the audio bug that a lot of users are currently experiencing?

#23 Daekar

• 1,214 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

That's OK, the current patch is pretty awesome! Learning to cope with ECM, learning to use AC5s on my Ilya Muromets, and revelling in the decreased whine-spam on the forums!

You what you can do instead of patching on Tuesday? Releasing the Orion concept art on Wednesday! :-)

#24 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

View PostMechsniper, on 07 December 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

And I might add we have no decent sniper weapon now that the Guass rifle is made of glass in an Atlas. Please work on the ERPPC/PPC. Less heat would be great.

The Gauss is a fine Sniper weapon. You just can't shoot it and expect it to survive. It was way OP before, and it's still a better than average sniper weapon.

#25 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

Can we hope to get some balancing of PPC and ECM at Dec 18, pretty please?
And can we hope to get the conquest more on Dec 18, even prettier please?

#26 CMGrendel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

We've waited 10 years. We can wait a little longer.

Try and fit in some Xmas with your families, yo. :ph34r:

#27 deadeye mcduck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationOutside the periphery

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:40 AM

No patch = ace. Means I can save up more c-bills for 2 Stalkers instead of 1 :ph34r: .

Edited by deadeye mcduck, 08 December 2012 - 01:40 AM.

#28 ElcomeSoft

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNewcastle upon Tyne, England

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

Quite sad that there's no patch this week. I've been really pumped up for the weapons rebalancing and was hoping for ECM to be given another look at to iron out any new issues that have popped up as a consequence.

However, one week does not matter in the grand scheme of things and ECM most likely needs more time to be tested so that you Devs can get a better picture of what's happening and what you want to do about it (if anything).

#29 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

View Postdeadeye mcduck, on 08 December 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

No patch = ace. Means I can save up more c-bills for 2 Stalkers instead of 1 :ph34r: .

And that means you can play for 3 more hours instead of w8ing for new patch B)

#30 UnseenFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 961 posts
  • LocationСтрана Мечты (Strana Mechty)

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

A progress! You warned us a few days before, not 2 hours after the patch time!

#31 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

Awwwww, don't ruin your Christmas hollydays for us ungratefull bunch of Mecha nerds.
I'm looking forward to the Dec 18th Patch.
UAC5 are feeling right now. Much dakka with 3 UAC5 on the Murromets, just love it as it is.
Further buffing the ACs would be next to OP them.

Again enjoy Winter time. :ph34r:

#32 Armorpiercer M82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

thx, but can you fix 7+1 ASAP please ? or tell us true, why it takes so long, whats messed up with the left speaker ?

#33 Snuglninja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationJagger Cockpit

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

I have heard that ECM now will include a force field option, making lasers do only 1 point of damage to every one in ecm bubble. YES learn to aim! this will add a extra dimension to the game and team work.

#34 JeepStuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

I really, REALLY appreciate all the great communication. I feel like you guys have been making a solid effort to keep the community informed from the start, but lately you've kicked it up several notches and it's great. Most of the time when there's no patch, you let us know the day of. That was fine -- I was grateful for the heads up. But letting us know before the weekend is awesome. Also, as someone else said (Kobura?) the detail in the Command Chair area is really amazing. Thanks a lot! Looking forward to the 18th.

#35 mekabuser

• Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

lol, they are improving the netcode.
By increasing velocity of ballistics and ppc<neither of which are needed>, you decrease time to target which in turn decreases probability of lag miss or warp occuring while ordanance is travelling down range.

Btw , i disagree with increasing either. Ppc are about perfect as far as speed. And i thought ac were already increased?
when can I do something basic like turn off shadows?
Then maybe my processor will run at 99% load instead of 99.99 %

#36 Gramrock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:52 AM

aww stop it you.... :mellow:

#37 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

Thanks for the update, as a hardware engineer I think that we tend to say software engineers get a break since their customers are the testers and that actually works OK for me. Software programs are complex and I remeber that in one company I worked for the softies rewrote the OpenGL pipeline three times in 20 months so I am expecting some level of churn so good luck and I hope my MC go to good use

#38 Nuwa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

I want some mild shaking back in. I can never really tell when im getting rocked by missles and AC rounds lol.

#39 SamizdatCowboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 07 December 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors,

We are here to tell you there will be no patch this coming week. Things that were going to be icnluded that week are shifting to the following week. We’ll be burning the midnight oil to get in the maximum amount of fixes, tweaks, and changes done we possibly can.

Next patch is sure to be a doozy though, so stay tuned and we’ll let you know our progress as it happens. Ballistic lovers in particular are really going to like what we’ve changed.

We wanted to thank you, again, for being with us, and that we feel very lucky to have such a passionate and flat-out awesome fanbase. You guys rock, and we love you.

See you on the battlefield!

Cheers,
The MechWarrior Online Team

Could you please push the devs to make fixing the 'Mech commands work during chat' bug a priority? This has been in there for three patches now, happens to me every match, and makes it almost impossible to coordinate with my teammates.

Sami is lonely and would like to be able to talk to people :D

#40 Jell0r

• Pip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

hurrah for inc PPC fixes
any whiff of jagermech anywhen?
tho I guess looking at the release's we're about due for an assault?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users