ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:20 AM

View PostMechsniper, on 07 December 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

And I might add we have no decent sniper weapon now that the Guass rifle is made of glass in an Atlas. Please work on the ERPPC/PPC. Less heat would be great.

funny.. run them just fine.....
(Of course I still can use LRMs effectively after ECM "made them Useless", so I guess I must just be cool like that)

It's funny how much every one wants stuff nerfed cuz it's "OP", that is until it's their favorite crutch that gets "balanced".

Also, PPC/ER PPC and L.Laser /ER L. Laser still snipe just fine.

#82 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:24 AM

Hey Garth.......

No coercion here Boss, but if y'all don't get the PPCs a little love (Like, 5 second cool down, FOCUSED and consistent damage, and a little faster (OK, a LOT, like essentially Hitscan. This is laser guided lightning man, fast stuff!), I'm gonna hafta pop the leg off your Jenny/Cicada every match I see you (Friendly, or otherwise!) and leave ya out there!

just sayin....... :)

#83 DeaconW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 976 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:07 AM

Yay! I get to drive my cash-farmin', ECM shieldin', Lagshieldin', no collidin' Uber-Commando for another week! Look at me everyone! I am a heavy/assault pilot and I am going Commando!! :P

Seriously...pls fix ECM, add collisions back and try to tighten up the netcode...that would be the best Christmas/Boxing Day present we could get. Oh...and you could also back off on the Ebenezer Scrooge pricing for in cockpit items and paint/camo and I might actually spend some more MC. ;)

Edited by DeaconW, 11 December 2012 - 07:09 AM.

#84 Kobura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 477 posts
  • LocationDeep Frozen South

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

I fired four racks of Streaks at a Jenner who was ~15m away from me with all red structure everywhere and good lock running directly away from me and no intervening terrain

explosions didn't even hurt it

please help, what have you done... (this has been the state of the game for months now, but I dared once again to use Streaks... worthless because of lagshield, but then, everything is against 150kph mechs)

#85 Vassa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

Probably want to do a restart of the server then cuz everybody is warping really badly and the terrain is shearing something awful.

Lots of rubber banding too.

#86 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

So, assuming the roadmap holds true, the 'big' announcement is Conquest Mode, an 'Economics/New User Phase' update, and/or more Holiday Content.

All of which means nothing if the netcode stays as is or worsens.

The 'New User Phase' thing intrigues me. I have absolutely no idea what it is, not is it really that indicative or descriptive of what it might entail. New Users? Maybe some built-in training? Acclimating the new users to the game's mechanics is a daunting task, but something is sorely needed to replace the 'trial by fire' method.

#87 Freeride Forever

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 07 December 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

Ballistic lovers in particular are really going to like what we’ve changed.

While half of everyone else QQ's all over the place about it & we all end up with more new bugs that fu<k the game for everyone with all the severe existing bugs remaining untouched. Is that about the jist of it?

I've adjusted my expectations according to the last 5 months.

Edited by Freeride Forever, 11 December 2012 - 10:35 AM.

#88 TheBountyHunter

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

Perhaps you could increase the cooling ability of double heat sinks from 1.4 to 1.6 or 1.8 (a christmas wish, I know) so energy weapons become more effecive next to gauss or acs? :P :P

#89 boah

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 22 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

Thanks guys for all the hard work!!! I have to say the ECM has made a wonderful difference in game. +10 on that...next i want to ask for my xmas present....ERPPC I would like more hmmm emp and add more screen shake to a hit. Anyway that is my wish list for xmas...but i'm happy with all the hard work you guys are putting into the game!!! Thank you soooooo very much!!

Better yet add like a semi power down effect zzzzzeeeeerrrrwwwweer lights dim etc when hit with a PPC/ERPPC. then again i guess that is just like EMP eh? hehee just figured I'd ask ;-) you guys rock!!! thanks for bringing back a game that has always been one I didn't hesitate to buy.

Edited by boah, 11 December 2012 - 10:44 AM.

#90 Henchman 24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 529 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

View PostOnyx Rain, on 07 December 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

Bah humbug :P

But thanks for the heads up Garth...

How about at fix for any build running Gauss and an XL?...they are death traps now. The 90% explosion chance + 3 health + explosions actually working right now = Over nerf....

I can't stop giggling at this.

It's called C.A.S.E., and it's your friend. Ask my Atlas K with 320XL, Gauss and various goodies...you can lose the gauss without it ending badly overall, you just have to build smart is all.

#91 Dar_Veider

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

No collisions + ECM = This game now boring me... :P

#92 Wescott

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

Cool thanks for the heads up guys, looking forward to next Tue :P

#93 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

Posted Image

#94 Sir DeathsHead

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationTn

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

I can handle the netcode, the lag, the ecms, and glass gauss. What I cant handle is the real lack of maps. Make a map maker contest or something. Get the community to help you make maps, works in other games. I am a die hard fan and a lot of my friends are as well, but we are really getting bored with the 3 map selection. Thanks for all the hard work.

#95 Jell0r

• Pip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

View Postverybad, on 10 December 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

Soonest the Jag will be arround would be March.

December: Stalker
January: Spider
February: Trebuchet
March: TBD

aha nice one ty m8

#96 Vasces Diablo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationOmaha,NE

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

Read as: "one week was not enough time to code all the changes to ECM that we need to make."

#97 Cyrionthewise

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

Thanks....can I get an auto cannon 40 that is light enough to mount on my Raven...Christmas is around the corner.... :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users