#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,

We are here to tell you there will be no patch this coming week. Things that were going to be included that week are shifting to the following week. We’ll be burning the midnight oil to get in the maximum amount of fixes, tweaks, and changes done we possibly can.

Next patch is sure to be a doozy though, so stay tuned and we’ll let you know our progress as it happens. Ballistic lovers in particular are really going to like what we’ve changed.

We wanted to thank you, again, for being with us, and that we feel very lucky to have such a passionate and flat-out awesome fanbase. You guys rock, and we love you.

See you on the battlefield!

Cheers,
The MechWarrior Online Team

#2 Alexandr Britten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationElizabethtown, PA - USA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

I know you're going update the projectile speed on PPCs (and ERPPCs?) along with the ballistics or you already have... but please, give some more changes to the PPC lovers. You seem to concentrate more on Ballistics and have ignored PPCs since before open beta. In TT, they are one of the iconic weapons in Battletech and you've mentioned awhile ago an EMP effect MAY be added to PPCs and it seems like you plan on it. Yet, we're still waiting on that change.

But each update, you seem to make changes to ballistics to make them more powerful. Please work on the EMP effect BEFORE working on more ballistic upgrades after this patch. They've gotten all the love and PPCs have been hung out to dry. The ROF is crazy for ballistics (and your comment seems to make me think it's only going to get worse)... if you're not going to do the EMP anytime soon, then bump the damage or ROF or decrease the heat on PPCs/ERPPCs to make them somewhat comparable to the ballistic weapons.

I'm not trying to ***** about the ballistic changes, its more that PPCs haven't had ANY changes for awhile, and they are definitely underpowered compared to TT.

EDIT: Just checked the updates... I am now stoked though that it looks like Conquest will most likely be part of the 12/18 patch. Finally, something other than Assault!

Edited by Alexandr Britten, 07 December 2012 - 03:51 PM.

#3 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

And I might add we have no decent sniper weapon now that the Guass rifle is made of glass in an Atlas. Please work on the ERPPC/PPC. Less heat would be great.

#4 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

Don't kill yourselves with insane working hours!

#5 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Thanks Garth. Good luck with it. :huh:

#6 Socket7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationCapping your base

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Thank you Garth, and the rest of your team for this game. You are doing a fantastic job.
Don't overheat and cook off your ammo stores working on this. :huh:

#7 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

Thanks for the update Garth. I know you guys are working your bums off, so don't take it too personally when, no matter how awesome the changes are, half the forums QQ over them ^^

And thank you for ECM, it's PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't change a thing!

#8 DegeneratePervert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Good luck to you guys, don't work too hard!

For Xmas, will you get me a lower heat PPC? Best present ever :huh:

#9 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

I'll get started on my Gigantic Awesome Super Special What to Expect Patchmas Edition for the 18th :huh:

#10 Kobura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 477 posts
  • LocationDeep Frozen South

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

Alright! Any possibility to get one collective "blob" of what can be...not assured, but highly and justifiably anticipateed as upcoming?

Right now the Command Chair posts are good (and holy crap, the amount of information exchange has gone up by many multiples, THANK YOU) but figuring out what to expect at one time is a bit tough.

#11 Psikez

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

My goodness, its like PGI is communicating its intentions and I feel like I have a solid grasp on where the games going in the near future.

<3 PGI :huh:

#12 Hollister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 321 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 07 December 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

Ballistic lovers in particular are really going to like what we’ve changed.

Hopefully they sound like a real cannon going off like how the A/C2 used to sound.

#13 Crazycajun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 356 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Your netcode and networking absolutely bottom line sucks... You should be patching every DAY till you get it resolved..

no patch next week ? fail

#14 Hollister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 321 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PostCrazycajun, on 07 December 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

Your netcode and networking absolutely bottom line sucks... You should be patching every DAY till you get it resolved..

To bad they don't have that much of human resources to do that.

#15 syngyne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

View PostCrazycajun, on 07 December 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

...the frequency of their patching has no bearing on the amount of progress they've made on rewriting the netcode, other than if it's done it makes it into a patch.

#16 p00k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 07 December 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

Ballistic lovers in particular are really going to like what we’ve changed.

so.. netcode is being fixed?

cuz you know, that's really the biggest problem with ballistics right now, not being able to hit what you think you hit

it's not how much mechs shake (which you've actually said you're reducing, except for ac20s)
it's not how fast the projectiles move (which you've said you're increasing, but that's not really a big deal)
it's not the inability to knock down small mechs with a big hit (which we know won't happen until the physics get worked out, and you've already said collisions are months away from returning)

so, unless we can take this to mean netcode is being fixed (not that i believe anything pgi says until it actually happens anyway), i'm pretty sure ballistic lovers won't really be satisfied

#17 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Thanks for the update :)

#18 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

View PostIronbar Sinister, on 07 December 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Thanks Garth!

I love you guys too, but I'm not buying the Christmas decorations! :)

I accidentally bought the Christmas Lights when making a mini-catalog for someone in the forums, but that's okay I guess. ;)

#19 RFMarine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

i hope the PPC's secondary effect shorts out for a few seconds: the HUD, ECM, and breaks lock.

#20 DrnkJawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 488 posts
  • LocationIn an urbie aiming at your crotch

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

To hell with ballistics, give us knockdown....the hug of going down then praying that your own team mates wont make your mech look like swiss cheese

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users