#101 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:25 AM

View PostBront, on 09 December 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

Good to have Coms back loud and Clear. Great job Perry.

Looking for a group? Looking for a unit? Looking just to have fun? The Steiner hub is great for that.

- Bront
21st Ghost Legion
5th Regimental Combat Team CO.

Hail, House Steiner! I have recently taken a contract to fight by your side. I'm looking to prove myself worthy to be part of the Steiner family! While I may never be blood, I am your brother in arms! I will uphold the values and integrity that the Steiner house is known for. I will provide the best services cBills can buy!

Thank you for the opportunity to fight alongside the House of Steiner!

#102 Lord Banshee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 355 posts
  • LocationChi-Town IL

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:28 PM

Hail Steiners! Contract pointed your way.
Night Watch is verrrrry Steiner-Friendly.
All hail Katrina I !!!

#103 thelostson

• PipPipPip
  • First Leutnant
  • First Leutnant
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:42 AM

Looks quite empty on TS now. Which channel is used for CW?

Cheers

#104 DJAspire4U

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 3 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis MO. USA.

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:04 AM

View PostJourneyman, on 05 February 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1402186

Owned by: House Steiner Communication Hub
Description: Home of the House Steiner Hub at www.housesteiner.com
Available Slots: 512
Address: ts1.housesteiner.com
Password: None

We have a redundant backup server available as well.

who is gunna get me into the secure CW planet drop rooms?

#105 Journeyman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 116 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:45 PM

View PostDJAspire4U, on 18 December 2014 - 12:04 AM, said:

who is gunna get me into the secure CW planet drop rooms?

Greetings! If you would like to sign up as a registered PUG or if you are in a unit that has established contact with the Steiner Hub already, feel free to sign up for an account here: http://www.hub.housesteiner.com/

Once registered our admins can add you to the appropriate user group. Otherwise, you are free to use the open channels and request to join and be moved into a secure channel for organized drops.

#106 Jern

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts
  • LocationAR

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:09 AM

View PostJourneyman, on 18 December 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

Greetings! If you would like to sign up as a registered PUG or if you are in a unit that has established contact with the Steiner Hub already, feel free to sign up for an account here: http://www.hub.housesteiner.com/

Once registered our admins can add you to the appropriate user group. Otherwise, you are free to use the open channels and request to join and be moved into a secure channel for organized drops.

Journeyman I sent you a PM in regards to some concerns and issues we are having using the Stenier Hub and TS.

Thanks,

#107 ExplodedZombie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 338 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA, U.S.A.

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:54 PM

Where do you hang out if you want to get picked up for a team?

#108 Pr0of

• Pip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:47 PM

I've been sitting in the "help me I'm new channel" for roughly 5 hours without so much as a peep from anyone. Is this typical or is it on me to contact people to participate with?

#109 Journeyman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 116 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:43 AM

View PostPr0of, on 30 December 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

I've been sitting in the "help me I'm new channel" for roughly 5 hours without so much as a peep from anyone. Is this typical or is it on me to contact people to participate with?

Slow afternoon on a holiday week...we got ya set up though! Nice to meet and drop with you, hope to do it again in the near future!

#110 Matthew Steiner

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:46 PM

Activity is going to pick back up after the holiday week is over. Looking forwards to lots of CW drops now.

#111 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:27 PM

Hello Lyrans, I have finally come full-circle, after over a year away and returned to the service of the Archon. Soon, I will once again join your TS and fight with the Fedcom forces on Tukayyid.

#112 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:10 PM

Mechwarrior Steele,

Just FYI. I don't know if the FCAF/LCAF will be there, and here's why:

1. Comstar hasn't asked for anyone's help.
2. Comstar has actively and passively worked against the Federated Commonwealth.
3. Comstar has been backstabbing ALL of the Houses in the Inner Sphere for the last three years, setting up reeducation camps, and other centers behind the Clan lines in an attempt to create a Blakist uprising and utopia once the clans have taken over all of the Inner Sphere.
4. Comstar has limited access for all of humanity to our species birthplace, Terra except for those who wish to follow their Blakist quasi-religious mumbo-jumbo, or if they have a political agenda they wish to push forward.
5. They have not only hoarded the lost technology that would help the Inner Sphere fight the clans on more even ground, but they've fought hard to prevent the Houses from realizing higher levels of medicine and technology, lording their 'superiority' in technology over the rest of the houses. More than anything, it is because of Comstar that the Inner Sphere is losing the war with the Clans.

The Wolfs Dragoons and Kell Hounds have done everything possible to train and unite the Inner Sphere against the Clans, using their planet, Outreach, as the training ground and have done more to help the cause of freeborns. ONLY when Comstar's OWN world is under threat do they finally take up arms. Then they deny the honor to the LCAF and other forces to defend Earth. All the C-Bills in the universe wouldn't convince me to lift a finger to help out those cultish backstabbers. It's time they bleed like the rest of us.

The Devil Dogs have been fighting on both sides of the lines, fighting to destroy the cults, terrorists, and other organizations that plague and infect humanity. Comstar and their Blakist ways are the biggest threat to both the cultures of the inner sphere AND the culture of the Clans. At least the Clans are honest about their intentions and their caste system, albeit sometimes more rigid than others, still allows for the upward or downward mobility of people no matter their birth. Even the Freeborn Phalen Kell and Prince Magnesson are earning their way from bondsman to mechwarriors and even officers within their new clans. THIS is why we must do nothing to help Comstar. Because in their ways, you either accept their brainwashing and give fealty to their idealistic quasi-religious cult, or you are nothing and spend your time in reeducation camps.

The Devil Dogs, having fought for decades AGAINST the Blakists and we urge that the rest of the Federated Commonwealth do the same. If Comstar loses Terra, it can be fought for again. While we do not endorse anyone's claim to Terra, we certainly do OPPOSE Comstar's claim, and for that reason, we will continue to oppose Comstar with every fiber of our being. No way will we allow a dishonorable, terrorist, fascist cult to rule so many people as long as one of our warriors can still stand up to fight, and nor should the rest of the Federated Commonwealth.

On a less roleplay note. Twice has PGI prevented takeover of capital worlds. Luthien and Rasalhague should have fallen long ago. Likewise, PGI has their stamp on Terra, making it THEIR world. If the Inner Sphere houses cannot take over Terra, what makes you think that even after this coming weekend's events, that you'll see anything other than a PGI skull representing Terra. In PGI's words:

"In BattleTech lore, the Battle of Tukayyid was a massive campaign that pit the combined forces of the invading Clans against the entirety of the Inner Sphere."

This is a blatant LIE. Comstar is NOT the entirety of the Inner Sphere. In fact, NO house warriors took part in that battle. IN BATTLETECH LORE Comstar, and ONLY Comstar fought against a fraction of each of the invading clan's forces.

Look, I'm sure that we'll see everyone an their uncle fighting on one side or the other in this fight next weekend. BUT, if you're going to use lore as a reason to fight in this event; remember that in order to have a lore reason, PGI has to respect the lore. The color of one's flag means nothing if not backed up by lore, and PGI throws out lore whenever they want. It's all bullshizzle. It's fun to fantasize about, sure. But unless PGI is going to let Steiner Flags fly above Geneva and Hilton Head, no matter who wins, PGI's flag will fly above Earth come Tuesday. Or, if you want to use REAL lore, if you fight on the side of the 'inner sphere' next week, you're really taking a Comstar contract. And Comstar is EVERYONE's enemy.

Edited by Peiper, 17 April 2015 - 10:34 PM.

#113 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:34 AM

View PostPeiper, on 17 April 2015 - 10:10 PM, said:

Mechwarrior Steele,

Just FYI. I don't know if the FCAF/LCAF will be there, and here's why:

1. Comstar hasn't asked for anyone's help.
2. Comstar has actively and passively worked against the Federated Commonwealth.
3. Comstar has been backstabbing ALL of the Houses in the Inner Sphere for the last three years, setting up reeducation camps, and other centers behind the Clan lines in an attempt to create a Blakist uprising and utopia once the clans have taken over all of the Inner Sphere.
4. Comstar has limited access for all of humanity to our species birthplace, Terra except for those who wish to follow their Blakist quasi-religious mumbo-jumbo, or if they have a political agenda they wish to push forward.
5. They have not only hoarded the lost technology that would help the Inner Sphere fight the clans on more even ground, but they've fought hard to prevent the Houses from realizing higher levels of medicine and technology, lording their 'superiority' in technology over the rest of the houses. More than anything, it is because of Comstar that the Inner Sphere is losing the war with the Clans.

The Wolfs Dragoons and Kell Hounds have done everything possible to train and unite the Inner Sphere against the Clans, using their planet, Outreach, as the training ground and have done more to help the cause of freeborns. ONLY when Comstar's OWN world is under threat do they finally take up arms. Then they deny the honor to the LCAF and other forces to defend Earth. All the C-Bills in the universe wouldn't convince me to lift a finger to help out those cultish backstabbers. It's time they bleed like the rest of us.

The Devil Dogs have been fighting on both sides of the lines, fighting to destroy the cults, terrorists, and other organizations that plague and infect humanity. Comstar and their Blakist ways are the biggest threat to both the cultures of the inner sphere AND the culture of the Clans. At least the Clans are honest about their intentions and their caste system, albeit sometimes more rigid than others, still allows for the upward or downward mobility of people no matter their birth. Even the Freeborn Phalen Kell and Prince Magnesson are earning their way from bondsman to mechwarriors and even officers within their new clans. THIS is why we must do nothing to help Comstar. Because in their ways, you either accept their brainwashing and give fealty to their idealistic quasi-religious cult, or you are nothing and spend your time in reeducation camps.

The Devil Dogs, having fought for decades AGAINST the Blakists and we urge that the rest of the Federated Commonwealth do the same. If Comstar loses Terra, it can be fought for again. While we do not endorse anyone's claim to Terra, we certainly do OPPOSE Comstar's claim, and for that reason, we will continue to oppose Comstar with every fiber of our being. No way will we allow a dishonorable, terrorist, fascist cult to rule so many people as long as one of our warriors can still stand up to fight, and nor should the rest of the Federated Commonwealth.

On a less roleplay note. Twice has PGI prevented takeover of capital worlds. Luthien and Rasalhague should have fallen long ago. Likewise, PGI has their stamp on Terra, making it THEIR world. If the Inner Sphere houses cannot take over Terra, what makes you think that even after this coming weekend's events, that you'll see anything other than a PGI skull representing Terra. In PGI's words:

"In BattleTech lore, the Battle of Tukayyid was a massive campaign that pit the combined forces of the invading Clans against the entirety of the Inner Sphere."

This is a blatant LIE. Comstar is NOT the entirety of the Inner Sphere. In fact, NO house warriors took part in that battle. IN BATTLETECH LORE Comstar, and ONLY Comstar fought against a fraction of each of the invading clan's forces.

Look, I'm sure that we'll see everyone an their uncle fighting on one side or the other in this fight next weekend. BUT, if you're going to use lore as a reason to fight in this event; remember that in order to have a lore reason, PGI has to respect the lore. The color of one's flag means nothing if not backed up by lore, and PGI throws out lore whenever they want. It's all bullshizzle. It's fun to fantasize about, sure. But unless PGI is going to let Steiner Flags fly above Geneva and Hilton Head, no matter who wins, PGI's flag will fly above Earth come Tuesday. Or, if you want to use REAL lore, if you fight on the side of the 'inner sphere' next week, you're really taking a Comstar contract. And Comstar is EVERYONE's enemy.

All, true, except that less than half of the members of Comstar were Blakists, so the rest were not enemies, nor friends to the IS. And unfortunately lore usually gets "modified", or ignored in MWO.

#114 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:31 PM

Well, I like the Lyran Commonwealth and there are a handful of decent people on the House Steiner TS, but it is so damned dead most of the time. If I choose to renew my contract for next weekend, I hope that we will be able to muster more than one or two 12-mans for CW.

#115 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:20 AM

Saw you the other day, Ed, but you were gone before I could give you new tags. Until you have tags, you can't SEE who's there. So, what you see as dead is really hidden. Our adversaries need not know our numbers.

#116 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:36 PM

View PostPeiper, on 20 April 2015 - 11:20 AM, said:

Saw you the other day, Ed, but you were gone before I could give you new tags. Until you have tags, you can't SEE who's there. So, what you see as dead is really hidden. Our adversaries need not know our numbers.

Well, I have not given up yet, I will be back on ASAP while the Fortune's Bane mercenary company is sill under contract with House Steiner.

#117 Firecrafter

• PipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 28 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIndiana, United States

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:36 PM

I hope this is a good place to post this. I registered with the House Steiner hub a few days ago with a new loyalist unit registration (Phantoms of the Aces), and have not had my account activated as of this posting. I couldn't pm any of the mods on the forum due to not having an activated account. Is it normal to take more than a few days or did I do something wrong?

#118 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:01 PM

I hopped up to say hi to you a few minutes ago between drops, but you left 5 seconds after I entered channel.

#119 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:29 PM

Got caught up in Hearthstone tonight, will have to catch you guys another time.

#120 Ink Sikes

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:11 AM

There's been a lot of new faces on the Hub since the Battle of Tukayyid. If you joined us for the battle remeber we're always open so come on by for a few drops and make some friends!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users