132 replies to this topic

#41 tworivers

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 47 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

In TS do I just go to a room and talk to someone or do I need an invite. Pretty new at this so unfortunately I do have a lot of questions.
Thank

#42 Journeyman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 116 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

View Posttworivers, on 21 April 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

In TS do I just go to a room and talk to someone or do I need an invite. Pretty new at this so unfortunately I do have a lot of questions.
Thank

Welcome, tworivers,

In the open drop section, we have a "Waiting to Drop" area that lets people know you are available for grouping in either 4-man or 8-man drops. You can wait there or if you see an open drop lance channel with less than 4 or 8, you can drop in (listen a moment to make sure you aren't interupting a combat situation) and ask if they are in need of an additional pilot. As you get to know pilots and units, it will be very easy for you to spot who might be in need of an additional person. Don't hesitate to ask questions!

#43 RagesFury

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

Logged in briefly. Not sure my Mic worked but I can get there and hear at least.
Waiting on the http://forum.housesteiner.com activation now.

Edited by RagesFury, 14 May 2013 - 06:11 PM.

#44 RagesFury

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

So the mic works thanks to so friendly people in the open channels.

#45 Dart Nimrod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationCarver V

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

Forgive little noob for a stupid question: I want to join house Steiner and ride with it's members. How can I do so?

#46 Journeyman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 116 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

View PostDart Nimrod, on 30 May 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

Forgive little noob for a stupid question: I want to join house Steiner and ride with it's members. How can I do so?

Not a stupid question. Right now, to be a member of "House Steiner" as an MWO Faction, you simply can show your allegiance by adding the faction icon in your profile. As far as finding a unit to play with, there are ample units who have recruiting threads here on the MWO Forums. We have several of these units (but not all as some have their own resources) active on the House Steiner TeamSpeak server at ts1.housesteiner.com. Feel free to jump on if you want to check out some of those represented...and definately shop around on the forum here to find a unit that fits your personality and playstyle.

#47 Dart Nimrod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationCarver V

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

Thanks for your advice, Journeyman, but I've just downloaded TeamSpeak Client and it will take quite some time before I'll figure out how it works. If you can give me a hand with that (I mean connecting to any Steiner channel or whatever it calls), I'll be grateful forever. (sorry for my poor english)

#48 Journeyman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 116 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

Sure thing. Once you have TeamSpeak installed, run it and go to "Settings->Options->Playback" and "Settings->Options->Capture" to set your sound capture and playback settings (may take some time to learn all the various options available). Once you are set up properly, go to "Connections->Connect" and in "Server Address" use ts1.housesteiner.com, and in the "Nickname" use your handle. No server password required. Hopefully, that will get you started.

#49 Dart Nimrod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationCarver V

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

Thanks for help. One more question: what is necessary for a member of Steiner house, except picking Steiner faction in profile section? Should I paint my mechs in some special "house" colours or buy some totem or hero mech?

#50 Steadfast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 767 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:31 PM

Na fella, just get on coms if you feel the urge to join the pilots of this fine house and chat a bit. After a while you might sign up with a unit and than... it'll all fall into places anyhow, the unit will tell you (if they have a certain paint schem or somesuch) what to do if you like.
But if you want to show your deication, blue is generally ascciated with this great house.
~S~
Daniel

EDIT: Allthough the Atlas - along with the yet unpublished and nonannounced 'Mech Zeus - are more or less iconic Mechs often asscoiated with House Steiner.
For lights a commanod would be it (allthough that little ****** is not much liked somehow. Dun know, I am a medium pilot - laughed at most often by my fellow Steiners, as we as a house tend to get with bigger is better, more big is even more better ^^

Edited by Steadfast, 03 June 2013 - 01:35 PM.

#51 Dart Nimrod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationCarver V

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

The bigger, the better, huh? Sounds good to me, but... I got a little problem with "just get on coms" and "chat a bit". My english is, how to say... not at the highest level, to put it mildly. I'm able to understand most of what english speaking players saying. But proper answering is a difficult task for me, at least for now. Practice will take some time, and I just wanna be sure, that it wouldn't become an insurmountable problem. Thank again for help.

Truly yours, Drat (please don't confuse with sith's Darth) Nimrod.

#52 Edward Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:48 AM

Hello, Dart Nimrod.

There are people of multiple nationalities and languages who use this TeamSpeak server. With everyone making an effort to work alongside each other, you do not need to worry. I'll keep a look out for you on TeamSpeak and say Hello next chance I get.

#53 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:25 AM

I'm back, gonna dust off my Atlas and order my Thunderbolt!

#54 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

View PostEdward Steiner, on 27 June 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

I'm back, gonna dust off my Atlas and order my Thunderbolt!

Sorry guys, Steiner TS is dead most of the time, so gonna retire again, good luck.

*** Redacted, there are allot of good Mechwarriors on the LCAF Comm Hub, who I have been proud to drop with. The day I made this statement, I was in an impatient state of mind. ***

Edited by Edward Steiner, 30 June 2013 - 09:14 AM.

#55 Edward Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

Eh? Right now there are 30+ pilots on comms. G'luck though.

#56 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:15 AM

Could not bring myself to retire again, there is no place for Edward Steiner other than the LCAF.

#57 R Razor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

For what it's worth, in my admittedly short (1.5 - 2 weeks) time on the Steiner TS, I've never had any issue with it not working for me............unless you count the crap internet we deal with out here.

#58 codynyc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 321 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationda Bronx

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:59 AM

I been playin with stiener now for some time. Always find people on to play with. open friendly teams that will rotate in and out to get new players in the drops with the veterans. I hwve been on other teams voice comms and no one comes up to say hi. Cant wait to bring it to the clans when and if they come.

#59 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostSteadfast, on 03 June 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

Na fella, just get on coms if you feel the urge to join the pilots of this fine house and chat a bit. After a while you might sign up with a unit and than... it'll all fall into places anyhow, the unit will tell you (if they have a certain paint schem or somesuch) what to do if you like.
But if you want to show your deication, blue is generally ascciated with this great house.
~S~
Daniel

EDIT: Allthough the Atlas - along with the yet unpublished and nonannounced 'Mech Zeus - are more or less iconic Mechs often asscoiated with House Steiner.
For lights a commanod would be it (allthough that little ****** is not much liked somehow. Dun know, I am a medium pilot - laughed at most often by my fellow Steiners, as we as a house tend to get with bigger is better, more big is even more better ^^

Hope it doesn't offend my countrymen is the only Assault I regularly choose to drive is a Victor. Slow just ain't my style. Anyhow, will plan to actually get on the Steiner TS server from time to time. I might be an angry Merc, but I still bleed Steiner Blue!

#60 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 04 July 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

Hope it doesn't offend my countrymen is the only Assault I regularly choose to drive is a Victor. Slow just ain't my style. Anyhow, will plan to actually get on the Steiner TS server from time to time. I might be an angry Merc, but I still bleed Steiner Blue!

Gotta go fast! Red makes things go faster!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users