Logitech Performance Mouse Mx

24 replies to this topic

#1 VitaliyGer

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kharkiv

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

Hi, i got performance MX mouse and no luck on binding to next, previous, zoom buttons. When I'm double clicking to mouse column field, and pressing next button, no binding appears. Tried to set another buttons behavior in SetPoint application (i.e. bing to next button button 'r'), but when game starts, nothing happens and buttons does nothing.

Please help!

#2 Robert Corso

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

I've got a MX Revolution mouse which is similar. I've never been able to have the setpoint software detect when I have MWO launched to run a profile specific to the game. The only extra buttons I've gotten to work are the mouse 4&5 buttons on the left side of the mouse. To set these up you need to change the buttons to "Other then Generic Button".

#3 Duatam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 135 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

I've just set them in the Logitech SetPoint software to be keystroke assignments (page up, page down, insert). Try doing that, and then go in-game and redefine those assignments within the game options. Remember that you have to select the keyboard column in MWO if you've changed the mouse buttons to be keystrokes.

#4 Ryebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

Actually heres the trick. Browsers and other navigation software default Mouse Button 4 and 5 to forward and Back by default. So in the Logitech Setpoint settings, set the Forward/Back buttons to both to "Generic Button". This will let you bind them as mouse button 4/5 in the controls of MWO.

Literally *just* figured this out (after trying to keystroke assign them to [ and ] and failing.

Next up, figuring out a way to use the mouse wheel in a meaningful way.

#5 VitaliyGer

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

Can someone attach screen shot with how it should be set?

The problem is that i got russian version of set point.

Edited by VitaliyGer, 25 December 2012 - 02:18 AM.

#6 Ryebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:37 AM

Posted Image

Choose "Other" and in the dropdown menu choose Generic Button

#7 VitaliyGer

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

Thanks. That helped. Zoom button didn't ping, but 4, 5 works great

#8 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 996 posts
  • Locationbetwixt the seen and heard, underneath the upperhanded, above the underhanded. Sunlit with a cloudy background.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

View PostRyebear, on 13 December 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

Actually heres the trick. Browsers and other navigation software default Mouse Button 4 and 5 to forward and Back by default. So in the Logitech Setpoint settings, set the Forward/Back buttons to both to "Generic Button". This will let you bind them as mouse button 4/5 in the controls of MWO.

Literally *just* figured this out (after trying to keystroke assign them to [ and ] and failing.

Next up, figuring out a way to use the mouse wheel in a meaningful way.

Wheel mouse.If your mouse wheel has left and right settings, your can do the same for them as mentioned above. We used to be able to use the scroll mouse, I used it for weapons groups, an was going to change it to detect enemy, but, we can no longer use it to my knowledge.

#9 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

My Setpoint software doesn't have an option for "Generic Button". MX Lazer 1000 mouse. Any other ideas?

#10 Ryebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Are you choosing the "Other" radio button and looking for it in the drop down menu? If its still not there you could always upgrade set point or simply uninstall it.

#11 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

View PostNRP, on 29 December 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

My Setpoint software doesn't have an option for "Generic Button". MX Lazer 1000 mouse. Any other ideas?

For any given mouse button, if your BASE profile (ie the default one that takes effect when no game-specific profiles are active) is not set to Generic Button, you cannot use Generic Button for a game-specific profile.

Edited by evilC, 31 December 2012 - 08:06 AM.

#12 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

FYI SetPoint is really crap, but the software for the Logitech G series (Gaming mice) is much better. Do not let the crappiness of the Logitech non-gaming software put you off their gaming mice. The G700 is awesome for MWO.

For non G-series mice, you may want to try UberOptions (google it) which is a modded older version of setpoint that gives you some more options for some of the buttons (Up and Down arrow on wheel for example - normally the wheel is not programmable).
Another option is to use XMouse, though ideally to use this you should uninstall setpoint. If you have non-standard buttons (eg the Search button on an MX620) then you may have to use AutoHotkey to map it to something else (Code VKAA is the search button iirc) else it will be unmappable.

Feel free to ping me a PM if you need help.

Edited by evilC, 31 December 2012 - 08:11 AM.

#13 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

Ok, it seems Setpoint only allows button 3 to be set to "Generic Button" on my MX Lazer 1000. Since it looks like MWO will only recognize 3 mouse buttons for my mouse, I just set button 3 to "Middle Button".

Thanks to Ryebear for helping me sort this out.

#14 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

View PostNRP, on 31 December 2012 - 01:04 PM, said:

Ok, it seems Setpoint only allows button 3 to be set to "Generic Button" on my MX Lazer 1000. Since it looks like MWO will only recognize 3 mouse buttons for my mouse, I just set button 3 to "Middle Button".

Thanks to Ryebear for helping me sort this out.

MWO recognises 5 mouse buttons - LMB, RMB, MMB and the two extra ones (Normally Forward and Back), which it calls "mouse4" and "mouse5"
Try setting the side buttons to "Generic Button" also (as I said, make sure they are set to generic for the base profile as well) and they should work in MWO.

#15 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

I don't think I have any game profiles, but I will try to find out how to do what you suggested. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just buy a new mouse.

#16 Velba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 414 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA, USA

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

I just shut down the stupid thing and my mouse starts to work fine. But if that programming thing is open I can't even use Push to talk in TS. :lol:

#17 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

I tried UberOptions. It let me set mouse buttons 4 and 5 to "Other: Generic Button", but MWO still doesn't recognize these buttons. This is lame. I'm tired of screwing with it.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a mouse with programmable buttons that actually works with MWO?

#18 Ryebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

Any Logitech G-Series (gaming series) or Razer mice seem to be the go to mice.

But really, if you are having trouble with your Logitech mouse, are you creating a game profile or editing the default profile? Because I had no luck with a game profile for my Performance Mouse MX, I had to edit the default profile to make it work (and have no application specific profiles set up).

Edited by Ryebear, 05 January 2013 - 09:24 AM.

#19 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

I just bought a Logitech G700, but it still doesn't work. Same issue as my old mouse. MWO won't recognize buttons 4 or 5.

I'm curious. After setting buttons 4 and 5 to "Use Generic", do I then need to assign them in MWO?

#20 Ryebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Yeah, once set as Generic buttons go to Options in MWO and select what you want them to do. I have mouse 4 set to zoom, nothing for mouse 5 (mouse is just too darn big to easily reach MB5 in the heat of battle)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users