Ilya Mauromets Best Build

106 replies to this topic

#101 trycksh0t

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationUmm...in a building..on a road. I think.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

My personal Muromets.

While it's obviously a second line fire support 'Mech, I have a blast with it. Annoy 'em with the constant stream of AC/2 fire, throw in the occasional Gauss shot, ~70 kph without pilot upgrades, max armor, it's good times.

Edited by trycksh0t, 16 March 2013 - 12:01 AM.

#102 Korlandril

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 110 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:33 AM

I have one :unsure: I always used to have the classic triple AC/5 3 Medium laser build, but I changed it, and am tearing stuff up with it now.

300XL engine
endosteel
Double heatsinks (11)
1 AC/10
2 UAC/5
3 Medium lasers.

With speed tweek it is running at 76 km/h, and its armour is maxed except for leggs. I found the one AC/10 was great for punching through weakened mechs more than the spray of ullta 5 shells, and its shorter range gets me to move closer to enemy mechs, and into more of a brawler role. Even with the XL it does this quite well. Its a great mech and im really liking it a lot...I would'nt use any other catapract.

#103 Captain Pee Sheets

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 120 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:23 AM

In my opinion, the Ilya is the most powerful Cataphract variant. That being said, I find the Cataphract to be the least effective much "pound-for-pound." It's wide, its slow, it has a gigantic cockpit, its side torsos extend all the way to its rear, etc. It a fun be a fun much, but I don't believe it has as much raw competitive edge as, say, a K2.

#104 Korlandril

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 110 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostTaktix, on 19 March 2013 - 02:23 AM, said:

In my opinion, the Ilya is the most powerful Cataphract variant. That being said, I find the Cataphract to be the least effective much "pound-for-pound." It's wide, its slow, it has a gigantic cockpit, its side torsos extend all the way to its rear, etc. It a fun be a fun much, but I don't believe it has as much raw competitive edge as, say, a K2.

I totally disagree with you actually. The Ilya has 3 cannon slots, and 3 energy slots. compared to 2 cannon slots and 4 energy slots of the catapult. 2 of those cannon slots are in the arms as well. It can also carry more armour than a catapult and is just as fast. It isnt right to compare the two chassis really, the catapult is predominantly a missile boat, and its cickpit is just as vulnerable, if not more than a catapracts. The agility, ( turn rate, deceleration and acceleration) of the two chassis are the same as well. It just seems like the ilya has an extra 5 tons of weight to add to its load out. I have piloted catapults, and i have piloted catapracts, i i greatly prefer the catapract, I find it to me more capable of taking on larger mechs than the catapult was. Yes it does seem catapracts get cored a lot, but a lot of people dont seem to turn there torso's away from incoming fire if there core is getting hit, they just stand there and get killed.

#105 Ropya

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

My fav build was:
300xl
2 LL
2 LBX10 with 60 shots i believe.

I was very often in the top 3 for damage.

You have to kick box fight though.
Duck and weave. Find that weak spot and split it open.
The shotguns handle the rest.

#106 masterojack

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 45 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

triple LB-10s are hilarious, and amazingly effective. Throw a 300xl, and you can get on top of anything, and sand the hell outta their armor

#107 Ozone

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

View PostVolts, on 11 December 2012 - 07:56 AM, said:

The dakka dakka fills the otherwise barren hole left in my soul by the constant betrayal of evil women.

That made beer come out of my nose.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users