Holiday Mc Bonus - 20% Extra Mc On All Packages!

121 replies to this topic

#41 Fides

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Do MC profits go to the publisher as well like Founders pack profits, or do they go to supporting the game and fixing the bugs?

#42 MadPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

Why not 30% ?

#43 nonplusultra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 241 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

View PostMr Steik, on 13 December 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

Do it now then you get an activate option if you have already started your premium time so you can add it onto that if you want. Or do it and don't click the activate button so you can save it.

I dont have premium time. I want to use it on Sunday. So that was my question about > how long can i wait to activate it?

#44 Sulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

Because it's early, and I'm tired, I saw this: "HOLIDAY MC BONUS - 20% EXTRA MC ON ALL PACKAGES!"
and read: "HOLIDAY CB BONUS - 20% EXTRA CB ON ALL MECHS!"
I thought: they've given us all a holiday bonus on C-bill earning! What a absolutely lovely and redeeming gesture!

Yeah. :/ I'm going to go eat bran flakes now.

Edited by Brickyard, 13 December 2012 - 10:37 AM.

#45 Guchion

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

Typically this happens the day after I buy some :/

#46 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

Posted Image

euhm, how much exactly?

#47 Wun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

The bonuses behaved themselves on the right side of the screen for me. Look at the earlier screen shot in this thread for the amounts.

I just threw down my first MC purchase. I can buy some mech bays now and premium time once we get out of beta.

#48 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

What browser are you guys using? (ie, if it's 'AOL' or 'IE', then there's your problem) :(

#49 Dantalion

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

View PostAidan Malchor, on 13 December 2012 - 09:46 AM, said:

It's ok if you don't, we have enough sandy lady parts already here.

"Look at me piranha i am a fanboy!
I will put this bad-bad man in his place : don't you dare say a bad word about this game what i love so much that i am blind to all of it's flaws!
Now i am happy to defended your honor piranha see you next time!"

#50 Wun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

View PostChaser187, on 13 December 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

I dont have premium time. I want to use it on Sunday. So that was my question about > how long can i wait to activate it?

You have at least until the game switches from open beta to live (ie. months).

All they are doing is adding a day to your account's purchased premium time. You are not forced to activate it, though when the game goes "live" the activation button may disappear and it would start automatically. Not sure how they are going to handle that.

Edited by Wun, 13 December 2012 - 11:18 AM.

#51 Aym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

View PostMadPanda, on 13 December 2012 - 10:33 AM, said:

Why not 30% ?

Posted Image

#52 Armorpiercer M82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

View PostFlapdrol, on 13 December 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:

Posted Image

euhm, how much exactly?

have exactly the same, if you click 2nd variant it shows 12000 instead 14400. so its NOT working at the moment.

#53 Enigmos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

View PostStandingCow, on 13 December 2012 - 02:03 AM, said:

Don't take this as a complaint, but more of a suggestion, why not take 20% off the price instead of giving an extra 20% on the MC? I mean, the point of a sale is to spend less...

Just a thought.

My guess? They want to give the employees a holiday bonus but there wasn't one in the budget (being new and all), so they decided that what they they get from these holiday sales might be distributed to the rank & file.

#54 TheStrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 574 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

They should advertise it this way:

Buy 25,000 MC, get a free Ilya Muromet Hero Mech!
Buy 12,000 MC, get a free Month of Premium Time!
Buy 6,500 MC, get free Christmas Lights!
Buy 1,250 MC, get one free house Banner!

:(

#55 Walternate

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationNorthridge Ca.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

View PostEldragon, on 13 December 2012 - 06:15 AM, said:

So, since it's the holidays and all, when can we buy MC as a gift? It would be a whole lot easier to get friends into this game if I could buy someone MC.

Or you could just get them a prepaid Visa card next time your at the store.
Agreed its a band-aid and not a fix... but its a good workaround for now.

View PostArmorpiercer M82, on 13 December 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

have exactly the same, if you click 2nd variant it shows 12000 instead 14400. so its NOT working at the moment.

I got the same, dont use IE... use Firefox. Worked like a charm.

#56 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Price of MC is fine and this sale is great; I'll probably even spend some $$. I probably won't spend that MC very fast though...

Please address the insanity of having to spend MC every time I repaint a mech. I am refusing to spend MC on paint / patterns / colors until this is a "one time unlock" - even if it is a one-time unlock per mech that would be better than having to re-spend the MC any time I want to play with paint job.

Please also make the vanity stuff more of a micro-purchase.

Finally, mech pricing is far too high for my taste / sense of value.

Again: Even while drunk, my mind is telling me "This is not a good value..." I will eat at White Castle while drunk but won't even accidentally buy your stuff while drunk...

Lots of stuff for less money will get me to spend more money than having to drop $25, $50 at a time for a virtual thing I may not even be using in 3 or 6 months.

Edited by Kraven Kor, 13 December 2012 - 01:13 PM.

#57 Aidan Malchor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 350 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

View PostDantalion, on 13 December 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

"Look at me piranha i am a fanboy!
I will put this bad-bad man in his place : don't you dare say a bad word about this game what i love so much that i am blind to all of it's flaws!
Now i am happy to defended your honor piranha see you next time!"

Not blind to it's flaws, but not blind to what it has going for it either. If people wanna nerd rage about a process they know nothing about then they should just log off and punch themselves in the junk repeatedly until they feel better about their life rather then waste electrons with their whining.

There are a number of people here who post constructively about problems within the game and who submit tickets with information to help with the bug hunting. That is how you go about addressing the short comings, not cry cry cry look at me i'm quiting, going to take my toys and go home boo hoo posts.

This really has nothing to do with PGI as it seems most games these days get more then their fair share of self entitled morons who think they could make a better game then "insert dev here" and that they should be consulted with about how to do it right.

#58 Nailgunn

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Locationmichigan

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Well I am bummed. I made a $100 purchase last Friday and asked if they could do something for me on this. I was denied...... Not even a token amount. I know many others have bought founders packs and all the bobbles but this makes me think twice about the amount of support I am willing to contribute. After spending 150$ on MC purchases in 4 weeks I think it is time to stop. Have fun all and enjoy the extra MC . Merry Xmas all and Bah Humbug from me : )

#59 Kotsuno

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

View PostNailgunn, on 13 December 2012 - 03:42 PM, said:

After spending 150$ on MC purchases in 4 weeks I think it is time to stop. Have fun all and enjoy the extra MC .

Thats why wait for Christmas sale :rolleyes: or sale periods in general!

Though I'm glad to hear of your monetary support for the game -- a lacking sentiment in F2P games of course :)

Edited by Kotsuno, 13 December 2012 - 03:56 PM.

#60 Nailgunn

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Locationmichigan

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

View PostKotsuno, on 13 December 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

Thats why wait for Christmas sale :rolleyes: or sale periods in general!

Though I'm glad to hear of your monetary support for the game -- a lacking sentiment in F2P games of course :)

I needed to buy some mechbays.... Did not want to delete any frames so I figured I just as well go big and also get ilya.It is just disappointing to take my hard earned cash and trade it for virtual items and to have this happen ......crappy timing on my part ... Wasn't like I was asking for real money back... I wanted the evil Commy elf but I guess I won't get it now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users