276 replies to this topic

#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

Same as usual, only one request: No Community Warfare questions please. I feel awful that I cannot answer them now and I hate passing them all by. Cheers everyone!

#2 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

Q: Are you happy with the current balance of ECM?

Q: Are you happy with the current state of 8v8?

Q: Are you happy with the prevalence of ECM capable variants?

Q: Can we get a scroll wheel for the Mech Lab chassis selector. Clicking arrows or dragging to get back to that damage variant at the end of my mechs is a pain. Or can you make the mechlab auto center the mech selector on the last mech we took into a match?

Edited by 3rdworld, 13 December 2012 - 12:54 PM.

#3 ObsidianSpectre

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

What are your feelings about the balance and effects of ECM?

Are there any plans in the near future for the experience system beyond new modules in the pilot tree?

#4 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

What ECM are your ECM thoughts about something that's not ECM?

Lets see how many more people ask about ECM now.

#5 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

What kinds of electronic-scrambling effects are planned for the PPC? Cosmetic-only (HUD elements get visually disrupted, but not functionally-affected), or will there be functional targeting/communications(/ECM!!1!one!eleven) consequences from being on the receiving end of a PPC blast?

Edited by Prosperity Park, 13 December 2012 - 12:23 PM.

#6 BL00D RAVEN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

why doesn't it say beta anywhere in the game?

Will the signs in River City ever have ads or anything besides it saying MWO?

Did you know in the BATTLEMECHS tab under game<http://mwomercs.com/game/battlemechs> it has question marks instead of apostrophes?

Edited by BL00D RAVEN, 13 December 2012 - 12:24 PM.

#7 KuruptU4Fun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts
  • LocationLewisville Tx.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

Will there be a space somewhere for House military groups and Merc. Corps made available to complete a "backstory" of a half a page or so that is sponsored by PGI?

#8 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

Have you ever considered allowing new players to be able to make minor changes to trial mechs?

#9 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

Currently, the cost of the standard armor covering a Mech's Arm is vastly more expensive than the cost of replacing the actual Arm after it's been blown clean-off your Mech... the result is that surviving a Mission badly battered, but alive, saves you little money over simply perishing in combat. I understand that basic repairs need to be provided for "broke" players to field their Mech in a somewhat-functional state, but will the economy be tweeked in the future to reward survival moreso than it's rewarded now?

#10 Garrath

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

Have you considered adding modules to offset/counter the effects of cockpit shake and the upcoming PPC effects?

Since it hasn't been mentioned on the forums very much, will you be re-evaluating the impact ECM is having or sharing the views of the development staff on this topic with the community?

#11 ivr56

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

When can we expect a new mode?

Can we expect to see free unranked play (We host locally or on a dedicated server) to play among just friends a thing?

Will we see a server browser in the future if unranked play is a thing?

#12 Homeless Bill

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

Can we get some official response on MC pricing and paint jobs? I and many others that posted in the Christmas Item Feedback thread (among many others) think what you're charging is ridiculous. Virtual Christmas lights more expensive than the ones I can buy IRL? 'Mechs for $20+? Paint jobs that we don't even get to keep?

This isn't a demand for a reduction; I'd just really like to hear PGI's rationale for the pricing scheme and the way paint is being implemented. As it is, I feel like a lot of people are keeping their money on the sidelines (myself included), and that worries me in terms of the game's financial viability after release.

#13 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

• Why did you design ECM in such a way that it obviates the existing role/information warfare dynamic between scouts, spotters, and fire support, and that there is no available counter outside of fighting expensive LosTech with expensive LosTech?
  • Can we have ARAD LRMs 7 years early as a Christmas present? I promise I've been good all year...
  • When is the CN9-AH coming back?
  • Any updates on the timeline for implementing the Community/Faction warfare features? I'm looking forward to the new maps and game mode that have been announced, but I'm still champing at the bit for the metagame that will tie it all together.
  • What happened to the old forum's "Advanced Search" options? I haven't been able to find them since the forums rolled to the new Open Beta format, and I miss the functionality. :(
  • Has any thought been given to slightly buffing the RoF of the AC/10? Right now it lags behind both the AC/5 and AC/20 in DoT.
  • GXP gain seems very slow relative to module unlocks currently. Is unlocking modues meant to be this grindy, or is it just that way currently because we have relatively few modules to work towards?

#14 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

Q:Will be there another way to spend mechXP than mXP->GXP convert?

#15 AgroAlba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 365 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

Q: Are there some mechs that you can never see implementing, simply because they would get summarily trounced? For instance, I love the Urbanmech, but I'm fairly certain at this point that a 32kph light mech would be destroyed in the blink of an eye in MWO, and be fairly unfeasible.

#16 kilgor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 346 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Q: When will the HUD bugs be fixed?
Currently, I see many matches where at least one person starts with a yellow screen and no HUD and about 80% of the time that I shut down from overheating, when I power back up, I don't have a HUD. Of course, powering down and back up resolves this every time, but the time it takes to power down and back up a second time usually means I'm severely damaged or dead.

Q; Can you reconsider extending the range for TAG?
I would rather see ECM not cloak 'Mechs and require longer lock on times because a 'Mech that is TAGged means an LRM system requires no lock on time and they can just fire. The 450m range made that more of an iffy proposition, because it gave the other 'Mech the ability to close the the gap more quickly.

Q: Will we ever be able to view our owned 'Mechs from the web site?

Q: Will there ever be a virtual 'Mech Lab on the web site or the ability from within the game client to preview and customize 'Mechs prior to purchasing so we can see if our loadout plans work?

Q: WIll we ever have the ability to save multiple loadouts for a 'Mech, instead of haivng to spend the time to equip different weapons and equipment and readjust armor?

Q: Will damage tooltips and ranges be added to weapons in the 'Mechlab at some point?

Edited by kilgor, 14 December 2012 - 05:49 AM.

#17 cmdr_scotty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 118 posts
  • LocationOutreach Mech hanger B-201, Bay 15A

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

How do you plan on having the clan invasion play out?

I can just see it being a normal faction battle of 8v8 when suddenly clan mechs just show up out of no where and start attacking everyone!

#18 Mt3ch

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

Q:When will there be a merc-house tab?, Will this merc-house tab have a list like a friends list?

Why asked:There are many merc units out there right now that can not even fit there merc unit in there friends list. Allot of these people must delete several people a day to make groups.

Edited by Mt3ch, 13 December 2012 - 01:40 PM.

#19 Nick Drezary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 232 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

Q: Will it be possible to get Mercenary corporation's/player's own cockpit banner?
Q: When can we expect new modules?
Q: Will there be ability to convert mech exp to gxp(without MC :angry: )for example 200mxp equals to 1gxp :(

#20 JimTheRat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

Is anything going to be done about in-game voice options? The C3 thing seems deserted/abandoned, and I've never seen it used. We really need voice with PUGs. Tell me something good is going to happen here, please. ;_;

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users