Do You Want Cap Race Warrior Online?

86 replies to this topic

Poll: Change in Capping ? (117 member(s) have cast votes)

Changes for Capping

1. The ECM forbids Capping Solution seems good (10 votes [8.55%])

Percentage of vote: 8.55%

2. Nah only a 7 Minutes Timer before Capping in Assault seems good. (12 votes [10.26%])

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

3. ECM forbids capping AND 7 Minutes Timer in Assault Mode (5 votes [4.27%])

Percentage of vote: 4.27%

4. No leave it as it is. Speedcapping is leggit (90 votes [76.92%])

Percentage of vote: 76.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 SpiralRazor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

All i got from this thread is,

Cat-herding skills

Now to find a use.

View Postdeadeye mcduck, on 14 December 2012 - 01:04 PM, said:

Poll shows majority want capping as it is. no surprise there.

yeah, because the majority of mouth breathers want easy cap wins...just like the sync droppers in the pug Q.

Edited by SpiralRazor, 14 December 2012 - 11:12 PM.

#82 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

You, sir, have the cat-herding skills of a GOD if you can make this work more than one time in five. I find PUGing to be an exercise in frustration.

haha, I never thought of it like that. I actually find most people will go where I ask if I mark it on the map. I think the key is being willing to do stuff yourself when no one is listening. That's part of the reason I like being in a medium. I can perform multiple roles if my team doesn't help.

Keep in mind that just because they don't talk, doesn't mean they aren't listening. I will often have games where I am the only one who says anything that game, but everyone still went where I suggested and got things done.

View PostSpiralRazor, on 14 December 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

yeah, because the majority of mouth breathers want easy cap wins...just like the sync droppers in the pug Q.

Or, most people see it for what it is. An all-in rush that is easily countered with proper scouting. I know this is difficult to admit for some people, but it isn't their fault for rushing your base. It's your fault for not stopping it.

Edited by Jman5, 14 December 2012 - 11:45 PM.

#83 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

No it definitly needs something in the way of a tweek. I agree that base caping is a valid strategy but having a raven shield 3 other light mechs and they dash in and ninja cap in under a minute, theres no way to get back to base. And people will say "should of scouted" and "defend your base" but quality game play involves a push/pull method. You need time to be able to counter the enemies tactics. Good game play isnt running out of your deployment zone in the first 3 minutes and watching your base meter go from 100% to 0% before you have time to take 3 steps backwards. Its a form of cheese and should be tweaked, however the general strat should remain viable, just more forgiving.

#84 Teralitha

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

Lets say assault and TDM mode both were in the game right now. Lets also say that MW4 also had a similar mode of play which they did... cap the flag. Now in MW4 I actually did see on rare occasion a server up for cap the flag. And Im sure those few players playing it liked it. But without a doubt the most popular mode of play was team death match, or team attrition(pretty much same thing just different method of scoring)

I can assure you quite confidently that if TDM existed in MWO right now that most ppl would play that instead despite all the silly arguments being thrown up agaisnt it. Put TDM in the game and you will see. Try to prove me wrong.

Edited by Teralitha, 15 December 2012 - 12:20 AM.

#85 TurinAlexander

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

I can't freaking wait for more game modes. I play this game to fight it out in giant walking battle tanks, not see who can cross the map the fastest. If that's what I wanted to do I'd be playing a racing game. I've played just three matches in a row that were nothing but capfests. It's lame and it's boring and I hate it. I'd much rather lose a good fight, than win a game where I don't even fire a shot.

Edited by TurinAlexander, 15 December 2012 - 12:22 AM.

#86 Gooner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

I'm pretty sure all the other MW/MC games I've played (admittedly in singleplayer only) had alternate win conditions. It wasn't just "kill all the enemy". You could complete the objectives and leave some enemy alive and win the mission. So MWO is fine to me as it is.

Just make a pure DeathMatch mode for people who don't care about / understand the concept of tactics, and then we're all happy.

#87 Vassa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

Very simple change. Make a Battlemech that is capping lose all ECM affects. They are standing right next to their enemies' base. Why can't it count as a source for targetting for the friendly side and be consdered to have ECM capabiities?

If a mech is within the capture radius of it's enemies' base it becomes visible to it's enemies.

Edited by Vassa, 15 December 2012 - 01:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users