• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

Angus McBeef...
I have a Minotaur in ShadowRun named Usda Beph! We think alike! ;)

#82 Pygar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

View PostJakob Knight, on 14 December 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

It's interesting to see the same pattern continuing.

Teams: PUGs complained that organized teams were wrecking them, even though all they had to do was work as a team. Players complain that they shouldn't have to work as a team. Team size cut down to 4 to satisfy the players who refuse to work as a team.

LRMs: Counterable if you think about what you are doing. Calls for nerfing because players don't want to think, just charge in blasting. After several nerfs, ECM is introduced, all but removing them from the game. Combat becomes a slugfest where teams charge into one another until one side is pounded flat.

Now, we have players who think base capture should be removed from the game. Why? Because they don't want the hassle of having to think and work as a team?

No, this is just the players unequipped to play MWO complaining. The jocks who could never get their brains around anything but simple 'lower head and charge' strategy.

I have a better idea. For all of you who think Base Cap should be nerfed or removed, Hawken is this way --------->

We won't miss you.

I just had this same thought on another thread...the game isn't broken, the forum whiners are broken. They only want to be a hero all on their own and not play the team game, they don't wanna fly anything except their favorite mech and favorite loadout, and they don't want to think about anything but shooting their guns until something falls over dead....oh and they want respawns as well, because somehow that will help them be less fail at playing.

#83 AdmirableAdmiral

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 73 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 14 December 2012 - 11:58 AM, said:

So let me get this straight, You want the game to play only the way you want cause you only care if you have fun? Dude go play solitaire! cause as i see it My goal is to ruin your day on the battlefield. if i can do that by taking your stuff without firing a shot or if i have to kill your team before you know what hit you! That's fun for me. Also having a planet wide knockdown bahlbusting battle. There are lots of ways to have have fun playing this game. But you want it to be just the way you like!

You do realize TT players have played thousands of scenarios since '86. Everything from 1 on 1 to planetary assaults... (Why heck we TT players even had Space naval battle between two Clan fleets!) with multiple objectives and multi year campaigns. you really wanna compare notes on how to make a game fun sir? Do you really?

gotta fix this for you:
There, that's more accurate!

mallen, get off your high horse. you're nearly 50 and an auto worker. nothing you've done in life has had significance enough to warrant your attitude. pre made pilots are not better in terms of individual skill than pugs. for that matter. the pre-mades I have been in relied almost exclusively on bringing as many heavy and assault mechs to the field and when someone did bring lights, it was because they planned the cap.

I'm looking for mandatory kills because in the end it does actually balance out the game correctly, it does make the game more interesting, and it does promote enhanced strategy.

and yes. table top players have NO insight into how a VIDEO GAME should be ran. because NOBODY STANDS THERE AND POLITELY TAKES TURNS SHOOTING EACHOTHER IN THE ARMS.

ya want your precious table top, go play Mechwarrior tactics and leave the actual mech combat games in peace

#84 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

View Postklimentvoroshilov, on 14 December 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

mallen, get off your high horse. you're nearly 50 and an auto worker. nothing you've done in life has had significance enough to warrant your attitude. pre made pilots are not better in terms of individual skill than pugs. for that matter. the pre-mades I have been in relied almost exclusively on bringing as many heavy and assault mechs to the field and when someone did bring lights, it was because they planned the cap.

I'm looking for mandatory kills because in the end it does actually balance out the game correctly, it does make the game more interesting, and it does promote enhanced strategy.

and yes. table top players have NO insight into how a VIDEO GAME should be ran. because NOBODY STANDS THERE AND POLITELY TAKES TURNS SHOOTING EACHOTHER IN THE ARMS.

ya want your precious table top, go play Mechwarrior tactics and leave the actual mech combat games in peace

Is that the best you got for an insult sir? Cause ;)

PreMade Pilots are not individually better but their ability to work together as a unit make them better than PUGs. We have several scouts that while legging Atlases, give us reports on where the enemy is and what they are.

Mandatory kills only make it so I make more money and Exp at the end of the game. Nothing more.

You missed the part where I am also a MechWarrior from back in MechWarrior 2. So tell me again how i don't know Video games? ;)

As for significance. I served my Country as an Infantry Marine, Fathered two beautiful children and been married to the same woman for going on 25 years. I have every right to be a smug son of a Beach! :lol:

FYI I have a daughter older than you, so I already have done more than you have sir. I have raised a child from birth to adulthood. ;) You can't touch that! :lol:

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 14 December 2012 - 12:22 PM.

#85 Dagger6T6

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,362 posts
  • Locationcockpit

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

the MW in MWO stands for Mech Warrior not Modern Warfare

#86 Shard Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 303 posts
  • LocationPugsville, Pugistan.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

I've noticed that a few people in this thread seem to think "base defense" means the team standing just outside the red square, waiting for the other team to come rushing at them. If that's the case I can see why they'd make silly statements that defense is not the answer...

If, instead, you actually think from a broader perspective, base defense can be your team pushing out to cover the commonly used paths of travel. You actually move out on to the map to cover where other teams tend to attempt base rushes from and engage them out away from the base. Don't over extend yourself and make sure that you can get back to base should someone get by and start capping. Yes, I know this is easier said than done in a PuG environment, but that wasn't the initial argument now was it?

In every game I've been in so far where it was a 0 shot fired capture race, the cause was both teams deciding to stomp down opposite sides of the map, passing like two ships in a foggy night. At that point, it's kind of pointless to try to backtrack. One team isn't going to make it back to base fast enough, or if they send their fast movers they're going to get chewed to pieces by the enemy team sitting in the cap. A part of me thinks people know this so they try to counter cap and the win goes to whichever team got into the square first.

Stuff like that isn't the fault of the game type, it's the fault of teams not responding to a dynamic environment.

From my personal experience (which isn't to say everyone's experience is the same), maybe 2 out of 10 games end in a no shots fired base cap race. Seems to me like people still want to shoot up other stompy robots for the most part.

#87 Kaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

View Postklimentvoroshilov, on 14 December 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

and like I said. that's a pointless argument considering 5v1 is suicide. nothing is worse than being pecked to death by a group of lights because you can't hit them because the art of netcoding has escaped the development team.
and their response was "IT'S AN ANTI CHEAT FEATURE"

You see 5v1 as suicide. I see it as a challenge, though preferably I like them to trickle in so I'm not facing more than 2 at a time. But I have triumphed in 5vME on more than 1 occasion. Well...if I'm honest...maybe thrice. But still!

If you don't like those odds, have you considered getting on one of the many TS servers and dropping with a group?

#88 STR4NG3R

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts
  • LocationKamloops,BC Canada

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

I agree base rushing is boring even if its part of the game, without ingame voice the whole pug thing sucks ..its not like i can say hey can you stop shooting me so i can type "help!!" and yes i know there is 3rd party voice options but they dont help with the pug drops and they make up a large part of the player base...

#89 Kaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

View PostSTR4NG3R, on 14 December 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

i know there is 3rd party voice options but they dont help with the pug drops and they make up a large part of the player base...

Beta, right? PGI has said they will be integrating voice eventually. Until such a time, 3rd party voice would indeed help with the PUG drops - If puggers used them, they could be dropping in 4 or 8 player groups.

#90 Secundus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

The base capping mechanic, at least how it's implemented, has ruined my experience in this game countless times. It's obvious I'm not the only one since when these games that go that way are about to end we usually have people throwing out the "GG?" mocking how not a good game it was. You can say what you want about tactics, defending, etc., but capping isn't what I'm playing this game for. If capping somehow promoted fighting it wouldn't be bad (a la king of the hill) but the way it is now if both teams are past the point of no return, it's a lame base race that to me not only takes away from the experience, but downright sours it. The only other game that I can recall implementing a similar mechanic was Alterac Valley in WOW, and that eventually turned into a base race with both teams ignoring each other because they knew that was the fastest way to earn points, win or lose, completely defeating the point of playing the game.

#91 deadeye mcduck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationOutside the periphery

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

I suggest you go away till community warfare arrives, oh wait that will have game modes also.......

(Sounds like OP wants a deathmatch style combat only.)

Edited by deadeye mcduck, 14 December 2012 - 12:58 PM.

#92 Ransack

• 1,175 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

Assault mode. Assault the other team's base or kill them on the way to accomplishing that goal. Getting base capped is pretty sucky when you are ahead. Pulling the magic win bunny out of your butt because the other team couldn't or wouldn't defend their spawn works both ways.

So, while we are at it, can we get rid of heat, out of bounds, and ammunition costs too?

They ruin MY fun

#93 Dakkath

• 1,980 posts
  • LocationG-14 Classified

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

I am going to close this thread and refer all further discussion to this one since it has a fancy poll and stuff.

http://mwomercs.com/...77#entry1603177

Please remember to post within the Code of Conduct when replying to any future threads. Thanks everyone!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users