7 replies to this topic

#1 Cleverbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 274 posts
  • LocationFeel Good Inc.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

Is there any way I can lower it? Right now its just too sensitive for my tastes, I'd be far more accurate if I could lower it just a little.

#2 Zynk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

I use a logitech G500 gaming mouse and just turn down the sensitivity on the mouse.

#3 Dakkath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts
  • LocationG-14 Classified

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

I am going to move this to player support; you'll get better tech support here.

Edited by Dakkath, 14 December 2012 - 04:11 PM.

#4 Tenri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationTSF

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

Could probably work around the mouse sensitivity if you go into the control panel to manually lower the mouse settings.

#5 StainlessSR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 443 posts
  • LocationSunShine State

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

Don't know if these cvar's have been disabled or hardcoded but you can try.
In your user.cfg file which is located in C:\games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online
(if you do not have the file in this directory then right click create text file and name it user.cfg)
open this file with notepad
put the following lines in

;cl_sensitivity [value] - This command is the same as
;the in-game mouse sensitivity option. The difference is
;that here you can set it above the maximum value allowable
;in-game, further increasing your mouse sensitivity.
;Note that if you're suffering mouse lag even when using high
;sensitivity values, it's usually due to low
;framerates - see the In-Game Settings section.

cl_sensitivity = 2

;i_mouse_accel [value] - Determines whether mouse
;acceleration - that is the way in which the mouse exponentially
;increases in speed as it is moved - is enabled, and to
;what extent. A value of 0 disables mouse acceleration, and
;higher values enable it to greater effect.

i_mouse_accel = 0

save then close the file. Restart your client. I included the descriptions of the cvar so that you could change the settings with some knowledge of what to change.
Hope this helps you

#6 EternalCore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

If you want a direct method to change the Mouse sensitivity then Use these lines below in your "User.cfg" located here:
"C:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online"

Here's the lines to add and change:
gp_mech_view_look_sensitivity = 1.0 //Normal view
gp_mech_view_zoom_level1_sensitivity_modifier = 0.2 //Zoom 1.5x
gp_mech_view_zoom_level2_sensitivity_modifier = 0.3 //Zoom 3x
gp_mech_view_zoom_level3_sensitivity_modifier = 0.35 //Zoom 4x

Edited by EternalCore, 14 December 2012 - 05:49 PM.

#7 Tuoweit

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

View PostEternalCore, on 14 December 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

If you want a direct method to change the Mouse sensitivity then Use these lines below in your "User.cfg" located here:
"C:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online"

Didn't do anything for me. The sad part is I had my sensitivity where I wanted it but I lost the config (and forgot what the setting was) when I had to reinstall :lol:

#8 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

A little late, but I just found this while searching and it caught my attention. A few questions I have...

It appears to me that these lines tie mouse sensitivity to zoom level, is that correct?
Does this modify it on top of whatever is set in cl_sensitivity =[value]?
Do these lines still work?

I ask, because I just came up with a new script for my Thrustmaster Cougar that does just this, but if there is an in-game way to do it it's preferred. I've followed your workaround efforts since CB, and although I don't use any of them since TARGET more than makes up for the lack of native MWO support for not only basic but also advanced control solutions. I however commend you for your many contributions, and feel it's a shame so many of your useful threads are lodged somewhere on an undisclosed server for the time being.

Anyhow, check out my own workaround, which is part of a larger project, my mechpit (actually just built a second of a different type... sitting in it's 'ejection seat' while typing this.. post to follow) I am an avid stick user, and I feel I have identified the real problem with using a stick for MWO, and it has nothing to do with PGI or what is natively supports or not since there are viable workarounds for 99% of the digital challenges. Those are just ones and zeros...

No, the problem is a mechanical one, and one with no easy workaround, that being using a stick designed to simulate airplane flying (moves in pitch/roll, has spring loaded centering forces, and relies on relative inputs) as a replacement for the degree of control and ease a mouse offers. The reason a mouse is so much easier is because it moves the natural direction of travel of reticule travel and uses absolute inputs, and has no deadzone. Solution: make a stick gimbal that satisfies those criteria -moves the natural direction of travel and uses absolute inputs/no deadzones.

The gimble I made for my Cougar moves in pitch/azimuth (the natural direction of travel of the mech, or a tank turret for that matter) and has no spring centering forces, which is what allows me to use absolute inputs as well as zero deadzone. Net result? It not only works, it works well. Makes me want to cry when I spectate other stick users, cause it really does not have to be like that. I don't have to balance between movement speed vs controllability. I set the sensitivity to allow the full range of motion and that is that. My mech moves through it's entire range of motion at the speed of it's virtual servos (just like with a mouse) and I can whip my stick from one position to another as fast as I want; and there is no difference between my movements in game or a mouse user. It's intuitive and easy, just like a mouse and even my FPS kb/m friends that have used it actually prefer it over a mouse.

It's a real shame that no one (and I mean no one, I've been a pit building sim dork and RL pilot for years, so spend lots of time on this subject) makes a suitable stick for mech/tank piloting. No efforts on PGI's part will change this, unless they make a stick. I have little hope for the Artemis, but if it's gimbal moved in pitch/azimuth and it had no spring centering, it would be a viable contender.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users