Is General Discussion Only For People Complaining About The Game?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Onyx Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, EARTH MK II

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

I noticed my thread asking people for what music they'd want Rhonda's pink Highlander to play got moved to off-topic, which i think has pretty much killed it....(unless I'm crazy and accidentally posted it there).

I also Noticed the Camo-spec thread is now stuck in Off-topic (Most forums would have stickied it in the general discussion area), which might in part be why it went from popular to posted in every so often. I thought at first it was just because everyone who wanted to got their shot...but we have urban block now and like 1 pic from someone of their urban block mech...I think the thread is dying in off-topic

So that is 2 threads that were totally on the topic of MWO that were moved to off topic, while tons of QQ threads populate general discussion. (Yes ironic since this is kinda a QQ thread...maybe it should be moved to general discussion? ;) ).

I'm betting quite a few on topic threads have been kicked over there too....probably prematurely.
Why kick positive stuff that is ON-TOPIC to off topic for it to die where fewer people bother to check for new threads?

I question this thinking/policy.

Edited by Onyx Rain, 14 December 2012 - 04:40 PM.

#2 Postumus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 399 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

We don't go to General Discussion anymore. Seriously, reading QQ/ X is OP threads kills brain cells.

#3 Onyx Rain

• 1,017 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

View PostPostumus, on 14 December 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

We don't go to General Discussion anymore. Seriously, reading QQ/ X is OP threads kills brain cells.

Ya off-topic may be the place to hang now....As many On-topic threads there as general discussion it seems.

#4 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

The feedback forum is ment for complaints and reasonable criticsm I think, while the general discussions is, like everywhere, the place ment to soak up all the tears.

#5 xenoglyph

• 1,480 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

You had it right Onyx. General Discussion is an enforced 'tears only' wasteland. We have to contain it somewhere....

#6 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

View Postxenoglyph, on 15 December 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

You had it right Onyx. General Discussion is an enforced 'tears only' wasteland. We have to contain it somewhere....

And yet I still find myself foolishly wandering in there from time to time.

Maybe we can just rename it to "The Wasteland: Tears Only" so I don't forget. ;)

#7 Sevaradan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

General is only for QQ/nerf requests. anything else will be closed as lacking a constructive topic by the igp goons.

#8 Onyx Rain

• 1,017 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 15 December 2012 - 09:23 AM, said:

The feedback forum is ment for complaints and reasonable criticsm I think, while the general discussions is, like everywhere, the place ment to soak up all the tears.

Uh agreed....but I don't get why you are saying this? I posted my feed back in the feedback section...and my on the topic of MWO Rhonda's highlander post in general discussion. (Rhonda's pink highlander possibly being in game at some point/and ideally playing music is a general topic).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Further Ranting about this issue :) :

I browsed the off topic section a little more....Ton's of ON-Topic threads in there....it's like they just arbitrarily send on-topic threads over there to die for...well hell I don't know the reason... Has general discussion reached some type of thread cap?

Do we have a rogue mod who just like screwing with people?...or only likes to see QQ threads in Gen. Discussion?

And why has no forum mod dropped into explain what is going on here? This thread has been up for 2 days....They all get weekends off?

Edited by Onyx Rain, 15 December 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#9 Onyx Rain

• 1,017 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

View Postxenoglyph, on 15 December 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

Ya, surprised it didn't end up in "Jettisoned communications" LOL. :) Crap...now it will i bet, along with this thread probably :blink:

Edited by Onyx Rain, 15 December 2012 - 03:07 PM.

#10 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

General forums generally are huge QQ-areas. You can observe this in pretty much every game worth giving a damm. I visit the general less and less, but I try to keep in mind that if there weren't so many QQ threads over there then the game would be in trouble. If the whining one day lessens significantly, I'll probably have to create a whine thread saying this game is dead :).

#11 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

It is also a place for people to complain about people complaining. But you already figured that out.

#12 Dakkath

• 1,980 posts
  • LocationG-14 Classified

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

We're doing the best we can as to keep the General Discussion section clean of off-topic posts. It should contain only posts about MWO. Except when a new patch comes out and we then funnel the patch feedback/posts into the appropriate feedback section. It helps the developers get a feel for how the patch is unfolding for the users.

The Off-Topic section is well meant for other things than MWO.

If you find a post that is in the wrong section, just report it, so we can move it.

Thanks,
Dak

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users