Looking For Steiner Unit

23 replies to this topic

#1 Odins Ravens

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

New to This game Adult GMT based player looking for Steiner unit to drop with and kill some Draconis combine scum!

been playing as steiner in tabletop and in every game i can find ;)

looking forward to hearing from you all

#2 I WildCard I

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

10th Solaris Rangers is a down to earth group of guys looking for pilots!

http://www.skyerangers.com/apply.html

We have a wide range of members on at different time periods during the day.
Look forward to hearing from you!

#3 Graysun

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCoventry, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

Greetings MechWarrior Ravens:

The REAL Sky Rangers have a excellent structure, lots of cool cats, and cookies! Check out the website and see what you think. We'd love to have you!

http://www.skye-rangers.net

Good luck to you.

"Free Skye!"

#4 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

^disclaimer. no group can claim a canon unit name, which is why the 10th solaris is not the 10th skye anymore. Also why the Skye Ranger's set up their MWO team as Skye's Own. so they are not the real skye rangers, Just like I my unit, House Liao (which is less of a unit than a tool for organizing all of Liao now) is not technically the true house liao, as a lot of people are quick to point out.

the more you know...

#5 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts
  • LocationSummer, Skye Federation

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

Dal,

first...the Skye Rangers (or House Liao) websites can be called whatever the website owners want...We will of course honor PGI's request to not use canon names in game...but what we do on our websites is a totally different matter...for both our guilds.

second...Our SR MWO team name has not been (finally) decided yet...Skye's Own actually scored 3rd or 4th on our internal SR merc unit forum naming poll, so please do not presume you know our MWO guild or intended in-game naming unit conventions...

third...you're not the 'MWO naming police', so please do not troll B)

Good day.

#6 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

art, I wasn't trolling. I am not going to try and start up another chapter of our arguments, which is why I pointed out my group was limited by the same conventions as the Rangers. If I remember right, Skye's Own is what the mwo group was called during my time in the rangers, if that is no longer the case, then I can fairly plead ignorance as I no longer visit your site. Frankly I have absolutely zero desire to visit it at this point in time, so it is moot anyway.

Edited by dal10, 16 December 2012 - 06:06 PM.

#7 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts
  • LocationOverheating in front of a Timberwolf

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

View Postdal10, on 16 December 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

art, I wasn't trolling. I am not going to try and start up another chapter of our arguments, which is why I pointed out my group was limited by the same conventions as the Rangers. If I remember right, Skye's Own is what the mwo group was called during my time in the rangers, if that is no longer the case, then I can fairly plead ignorance as I no longer visit your site. Frankly I have absolutely zero desire to visit it at this point in time, so it is moot anyway.

Posted Image

...What in the actual **** is wrong with you?

I haven't bothered with you in well over a month, especially after you complained my distaste for you was completely unwarranted. But do you have an addiction to being hated? A constant need to say and do things that make people go "Wow... now that guy is one serious tool".

This is one of the original MWO communities, and one of the largest, you honestly think we'd keep identifying ourselves as Skye Rangers if there was any risk of getting in trouble with the devs? They know who we are, they have no problems with us, and we have not intention of naming ourselves after a canon unit in game. now would you kindly **** off to another section of the forums?

Art, this is why I can't stand this kid.

Edited by Gattling Fenn, 17 December 2012 - 12:23 PM.

#8 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

I would point out that I am doing my best to keep this civil. I haven't mentioned you in the slightest, and I made sure to be as fair as possible to everyone in this discussion. I am merely pointing out that lets say I wanted to make a skye ranger's unit, which I don't but this is completely hypothetical, It would be just as legitimate as the one that currently exists. Some people continue using canon names, like the rangers and house liao, some people changed their names to avoid any name conventions, such as bravo whiskey foxtrot, which used to be the black widow company, and the 10th solaris rangers, who used to go by the 10th skye.

last of all I am entirely unsure of why you would quote my second post for your rant, the first one I could see as a possibility, but nothing in your post even applies to my second one.

#9 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

View Postdal10, on 17 December 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

I would point out that I am doing my best to keep this civil. I haven't mentioned you in the slightest, and I made sure to be as fair as possible to everyone in this discussion. I am merely pointing out that lets say I wanted to make a skye ranger's unit, which I don't but this is completely hypothetical, It would be just as legitimate as the one that currently exists. Some people continue using canon names, like the rangers and house liao, some people changed their names to avoid any name conventions, such as bravo whiskey foxtrot, which used to be the black widow company, and the 10th solaris rangers, who used to go by the 10th skye.

last of all I am entirely unsure of why you would quote my second post for your rant, the first one I could see as a possibility, but nothing in your post even applies to my second one.

No, you're not doing your best to keep things "civil". Were you attempting to keep things "civil" you wouldn't have posted in this thread which has NOTHING to do with you. No one asked for your input, you know this community in particular dislikes you, and you went out of your way to display your dislike of the Skye Rangers.

I've stayed out of your forums, now do us a major courtesy and stay out of ours.

Edited by Gattling Fenn, 17 December 2012 - 03:36 PM.

#10 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

alright gattling, I will leave then. Though I will point out that really only the rangers have a problem with me. I have never done anything to raise the ire of the rest of the steiners. also, though you probably will never get the actual point of my original post. the 10th solaris was originally the 10th skye. By emphasizing the real in his initial post, gray acted like they were imitators of your unit, which is why I wrote that disclaimer.

one last thing, which I fully expect to get deleted as it is a bit of a parting jab, good job at pointing out how insecure you two feel about me, art and gattling. I show up and tamely point something out, and you two immediately start attacking me. now who are the ones acting like tools?

Edited by dal10, 17 December 2012 - 03:52 PM.

#11 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

View Postdal10, on 17 December 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

alright gattling, I will leave then. Though I will point out that really only the rangers have a problem with me. I have never done anything to raise the ire of the rest of the steiners. also, though you probably will never get the actual point of my original post. the 10th solaris was originally the 10th skye. By emphasizing the real in his initial post, gray acted like they were imitators of your unit, which is why I wrote that disclaimer.

one last thing, which I fully expect to get deleted as it is a bit of a parting jab, good job at pointing out how insecure you two feel about me, art and gattling. I show up and tamely point something out, and you two immediately start attacking me. now who are the ones acting like tools?

There's a difference between insecurity and irritation. Exhaustion also plays a role I believe. Maybe we're just tired of being reminded you exist?

#12 Long Draw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIL, USA

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

Guys, no need to continue the worthless discussion. I've already reported dal10 for harrassment towards our group. This is not the first time I've had to report him.

#13 I WildCard I

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

View PostLong Draw, on 18 December 2012 - 04:37 AM, said:

Guys, no need to continue the worthless discussion. I've already reported dal10 for harrassment towards our group. This is not the first time I've had to report him.

Harassment???? So obviously there is an underlying story here of which I am not aware. Because from everything I've read here its just been 4+ sky members flaming on Dal. Definitely a little excessive...

View PostLong Draw, on 18 December 2012 - 04:37 AM, said:

the 10th solaris was originally the 10th skye. By emphasizing the real in his initial post, gray acted like they were imitators of your unit, which is why I wrote that disclaimer.

This is 100% accurate. I got on here trying to help out a new player find a group. Which was the ORIGINAL POINT of this thread, in case you guys forgot. Then for some reason caught a stray Steiner bullet...which surprised me. Especially when we are allies under the same house.

The bottom line is that Graysun took a little shot at my unit by capitalizing "real" in his post. I was prepared to just let that go. In all honesty doing that for no reason makes you look like a toolbox anyways, and my objective was to recruit....

Guys do you think we can get this back to just recruiting for the OP? He says hes looking for an ADULT group of people to play this game with. Keep bitching at each other like 14 year old girls if your goal is to encourage him to switch houses...

Edited by I WildCard I, 18 December 2012 - 05:07 PM.

#14 Von Falkenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

You guys just turned a recruitment offer of a well meaning newcomer into a childish quarrel. Satisfied?

#15 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

View PostI WildCard I, on 18 December 2012 - 08:12 AM, said:

Harassment???? So obviously there is an underlying story here of which I am not aware. Because from everything I've read here its just been 4+ sky members flaming on Dal. Definitely a little excessive...

This is 100% accurate. I got on here trying to help out a new player find a group. Which was the ORIGINAL POINT of this thread, in case you guys forgot. Then for some reason caught a stray Steiner bullet...which surprised me. Especially when we are allies under the same house.

The bottom line is that Graysun took a little shot at my unit by capitalizing "real" in his post. I was prepared to just let that go. In all honesty doing that for no reason I think makes you look like a toolbox anyways, and my objective was to recruit....

Guys do you think we can get this back to just recruiting for the OP? He says hes looking for an ADULT group of people to play this game with. Keep bitching at each other like 14 year old girls if your goal is to encourage him to switch houses...

Go ask one of our senior members if you want a detailed account as to why Dal is reviled by the Skye Rangers. I don't feel like explaining it, but I assure you, this is well deserved.

#16 Long Draw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationIL, USA

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

Hey Gattling, I'm not going to stir up drama, but I think we both know where this frustration originates. Can't change anything if certain people don't listen. And I'm not talking about dal10 this time.

#17 KylleX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 122 posts
  • LocationLebanon, Oregon

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

Long Draw, after everything, is it so hard to just let the SR go... Stop posting about it. and for God sake's grow up and change your profile status it makes you look like a whiner.

Edited by KylleX, 19 December 2012 - 10:26 PM.

#18 Long Draw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationIL, USA

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

Yeah, I was like you at one point Kyllex. But the past 4 months in the Rangers has opened my eyes and I finally see what former rangers like dal10 and Slaytronic were talking about. I see now why so many posts from the rangers on these forums are of an antagonist nature and it really is sad. I feel sorry for those currently in the rangers seeing as how tightly wound they must be.

#19 KylleX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 122 posts
  • LocationLebanon, Oregon

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

I am not "tightly wound", nor are any of the people I play with from SR. I would say the good majority (90%+) just want to play the game and be social. It is the members who cannot conform to simple rules regarding topics discussed and respecting boundaries that fail to make it as SR members. It is a very simple thing to just keep your mouth shut (or fingers stationary) when you see things that you are not in agreement with. Being disciplined comes with the territory if someone should decide to act up. As a future Police Officer, I fully respect what is going on in the Skye Rangers, a demand for order and civility. Chaos is not tolerated, nor encouraged, and any who cannot seem to grasp this concept are exiled, of which I am sure you are aware.

#20 Velba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 414 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA, USA

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

Well shoot I missed ANOTHER Wang size contest!! :)

Good luck, some of these groups look, unreasonable.

My sig is a link to a more likeable group of chaps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users