Willing To Buy Multiple Paints? If You Can Keep Them. (Currently +600 Votes To Yes, New Polls Added)

268 replies to this topic

Poll: purchasing multiple paints per mech. (649 member(s) have cast votes)

purchasing multiple paints per mech.

1. Voted yes (617 votes [94.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 94.34%

2. no (37 votes [5.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.66%

number of colors you would buy on a single mech. added 14/1/13

1. Voted 1-3 (70 votes [32.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.56%

2. 4-6 (84 votes [39.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.07%

3. 7-9 (25 votes [11.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.63%

4. 10-12 (10 votes [4.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.65%

5. 13> (26 votes [12.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.09%

number of camo you would buy per mech. added 14/1/13

1. Voted 1 (40 votes [18.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.60%

2. 2 (91 votes [42.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.33%

3. 3 (35 votes [16.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.28%

4. 4> (49 votes [22.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#221 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostMr Mantis, on 15 January 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

It is not needed. In other games if you want to color your hair you have to pay money any time you want to recolor it. this game is different as you may no longer want that mech once sold it is gone, but on a scale from 1 to 10 in importance 10 being the most would be 2... maybe.

if the dev have enough money coming in then its not important at all.
so these games that you have to pay real money to feed your virtual character, are out there...... the people that pay for those are very special.

View Postjay35, on 15 January 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

lol what games are you playing? no games i've played require you to pay to customize your character. character customization is step one in creating the character. if you have to pay to unlock a color, you simply unlock it once and then it's available to you to use anytime going forward.

im unsure but i think eve is like that. like you can spend 4 year making some huge armada of spaceships but if some d-bags come and blow you to hell you start from scratch, you even lose all the stuff you paid for with real money. i think.......

Edited by King Arthur IV, 15 January 2013 - 06:42 PM.

#222 Tarman

• 2,080 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

View Postball0fire, on 04 January 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

so this thread is aboot tight arses not willing to spend on it , but want the stuff basically for free?

world of tanks system is pretty much exactly the same yet thers no where near the whinging as here

ive painted some of my mechs , did it month ago , they still magicially have their paint jobs they dont dissapear.

the ppl that are problably whinging aboot this are the ppl that still only have the 4 free mechbays .

if pgi make it so that paint is a once off payment and then you can magically use it for every mech you ever buy in the future

this game will die in months and noone will be playing , they need to have some kind of continual revenue.

simple solution, buy an extra few garage slots, when you buy different version of a mech to get all the bonus's, dont paint that one, or the next one. once you got yah basic bonuses you have the 3 variants and can get all the bonuses. all the while you might have a fav variant (THAT is the one you paint and keep)

This thread is about how PGI could make waaaay more money from willing customers if they provided a service that was worth actual dollars. Repainting a single mech one time for real money every time you want/need a new scheme is not worth the value of the purchase, not when same said purchase could potentially get you a wack of mechbays that you keep forever. Not being worth the money makes the paint system irrelevant and generally a waste of developer time.

People WANT to give PGI money, but not for such poor value as currently offered.

#223 Roadbuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,437 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

Posted Image

#224 Iacov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 668 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

i'd be willing to buy multiple camos, if:
- i keep them
- they cost less than 750 per variant
- or would buy for 750 mc, if "account wide" or at least chassis-wide

#225 Jager Wolf

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

I would buy mulitple paint schemes if I could keep them. As of right now I won't spend another MC on any paint until I am allowed to keep them.

I love the new woodland camo pattern but I am not willing to drop my phraken patterns that I spent so much on to get it. Sorry PGI I want it but not unless I can keep my phraken patterns and other assorted paint colors I have purchased as well.

#226 Lyrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 568 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

View PostHarpdog, on 19 December 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

And you can 360 degree rotate your tank to view from any angle - you really do need to get this feature working in the mech lab, the lack of it really stands out.

A single payment of MC4500 (or similar, comparable cost with a medium to heavy class hero mech) would give you open access to the whole paint shop. All colours, all patterns, on any mech, any time, no further payment.

You will make far more money from selling paint if its so cheap that everyone buys loads of it on impulse.

Awesome ideas :-)

#227 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

I'd pay a stupid amount for my white/pink hello kitty threads.

#228 Carnivoris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

I'd rather the paint system work something like this:

You buy a bucket of paint. That bucket of paint can be used, what... 3 times? 5 times? 10 times? Maybe sell different sized buckets of paint. I'm not buying paint for a SINGLE mech and be stuck with it unless I want to throw that money away. I've got the PC Gamer paints that are working fine for me at the moment. In fact, my Stalker looks pretty badass in it.

#229 BlackWidow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

Bumpity bump bump!

#230 Nuwa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

bump

#231 Warrax the Chaos Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 925 posts
  • LocationMyrror

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

I don't care much about the specifics of how it is implemented, I just want to be able to switch between multiple patterns and schemes without losing what I already had. Buying a paint job under the current system would make me feel stupid, and I won't buy something that makes me feel stupid.

Edited by Warrax the Chaos Warrior, 16 January 2013 - 12:04 PM.

#232 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

View PostWarrax the Chaos Warrior, on 16 January 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

I don't care much about the specifics of how it is implemented, I just want to be able to switch between multiple patterns a schemes without losing what I already had. Buying a paint job under the current system would make me feel stupid, and I won't buy something that makes me feel stupid.

i feel the same way.
the keeping part per paint needs to be implemented first. i dont care so much about the cost or one buy for all or one camo for all etc. providing its not insane prices. all the cost and deals can come later, right now the keep part is how the devs like to say "top priority"

some people want it to be like the pc gamer camo (one camo for all) at the current rates this would mean the camo would cost like +$40 (0_0)....... anyway doesnt matter, most important is keeping it first. at the current rates this means i can paint what i want without paying insane lum sum amount.

Edited by King Arthur IV, 16 January 2013 - 12:12 PM.

#233 Five oh Five Squat

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

They should just do it like Guild Wars 2, release a load of colors and camo, then keep the current pricing framework. Basics can be had with credits, then rare stuff costs MC. Or maybe use Xp/GXP.

#234 Zolthar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 162 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

At the moment, I'm not spending any money on paint only because I'd have to buy them back if I change my mind at some point.

I'm using the free pc gamer colors and no patern.

I've bought 1 patern and some color, but that was before knowing that I have in fact rented those colors and patern, no more money spent in this since then :)

#235 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

The prices are ok, I just want to keep the bought paint jobs per mech because I won't buy new colors for the same mech, when I lose the previous ones.
I wonder why there is no dev statement about it because it's a win-win situation. Happy customers and potentially more income because people may buy more colors for each mech because they don't burn money.

Edited by o0Marduk0o, 16 January 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#236 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

View PostFive oh Five Squat, on 16 January 2013 - 12:13 PM, said:

They should just do it like Guild Wars 2, release a load of colors and camo, then keep the current pricing framework. Basics can be had with credits, then rare stuff costs MC. Or maybe use Xp/GXP.

right now its like $1 a paint (not cheap but whatever) if you have like 4 mechs you love and want to paint thats easy $1x3x4=12 dollars! more colors and more camo will invite people to buy more per mech.

Edited by King Arthur IV, 16 January 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#237 Zolthar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 162 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

View PostIacov, on 16 January 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

i'd be willing to buy multiple camos, if:
- i keep them
- they cost less than 750 per variant
- or would buy for 750 mc, if "account wide" or at least chassis-wide

Even at 750 I'd buy some of them if I could keep them.

#238 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 16 January 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

The prices are ok, I just want to keep the bought paint jobs per mech because I won't buy new colors for the same mech, when I lose the previous ones.
I wonder why there is no dev statement about it because it's a win-win situation. Happy customers and potentially more income because people may buy more colors for each mech because they don't burn money.

devs dont reply to these, plus i might have been rude a few pages back :)

View PostZolthar, on 16 January 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

Even at 750 I'd buy some of them if I could keep them.

keeping them is the first step, glad your on board!

#239 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

View PostKing Arthur IV, on 16 January 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

devs dont reply to these, plus i might have been rude a few pages back :)

Because your poll is in the wrong forum section - general discussion is the spam forum. Make a new, well made thread and link the poll results in the suggestion board forum because they NEED to read it.

#240 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 16 January 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

Because your poll is in the wrong forum section - general discussion is the spam forum. Make a new, well made thread and link the poll results in the suggestion board forum because they NEED to read it.

ok but im not one for words lol but ill try.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users