Willing To Buy Multiple Paints? If You Can Keep Them. (Currently +600 Votes To Yes, New Polls Added)

268 replies to this topic

Poll: purchasing multiple paints per mech. (649 member(s) have cast votes)

purchasing multiple paints per mech.

1. Voted yes (617 votes [94.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 94.34%

2. no (37 votes [5.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.66%

number of colors you would buy on a single mech. added 14/1/13

1. Voted 1-3 (70 votes [32.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.56%

2. 4-6 (84 votes [39.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.07%

3. 7-9 (25 votes [11.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.63%

4. 10-12 (10 votes [4.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.65%

5. 13> (26 votes [12.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.09%

number of camo you would buy per mech. added 14/1/13

1. Voted 1 (40 votes [18.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.60%

2. 2 (91 votes [42.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.33%

3. 3 (35 votes [16.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.28%

4. 4> (49 votes [22.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Elwood Blues

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

I would buy multiple paint jobs, if I could keep the paint jobs and apply them to different mechs. I would likely have at least 1 per map. I will not buy 1 per map, per mech. Just too much MC. I want to be able to assign paint jobs to maps like real camo in different settings.

The way it is now, I'll buy no paint at all.

#42 Pygar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

View PostBlackSquirrel, on 19 December 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

Yes that's what we mean... They're not permanent...repaint you lose the scheme (You paid MC etc) not a huge issue if you paid C-bills. (Annoying but understandable considering you pay for endo etc over and over again)

Or not a huge issue if you just don't repaint your mechs.

I dunno, most my mechs only gained the ability to be painted yesterday, so that's one reason I'm not "getting it" here, and the other reason the complaint is lost on me is they have far more important and practical things to add into the game first. (Weapons Grouping that can be done while I am fitting my mechs instead of frantically at the beggining of a drop would be nice)

There is also the idea that it may never get fixed because it plays into their microtransaction system. And lastly, as I mentioned earlier I play EVE online- a game that totally does not care if you payed for it with your credit card and does not care if it is so LE that you have the only known copy of that item in the galaxy- destroyed is destroyed in EVE online... so I kinda can feel your pain because "you paid for it" but then again, I kinda don't...if you wan't to learn a whole new appreciation of the word "permanent" go give EVE online a try.

Edited by Pygar, 19 December 2012 - 10:43 AM.

#43 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

I want to spend some money on paint, but I wont do it until they make it permanent. This is a stupid decision by PGI. If people knew they could switch their paint in and out after purchasing, they would be much more likely to buy up multiple paint. Now they skimp. Maybe getting one or two patterns that they are absolutely sure about.

PGI would see big boost in income if they made paint purchases permanent.

#44 Chief 117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 479 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

Obvious pick is obvious.
Whoever said "no" has some serious issues

#45 BlackSquirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 873 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

View PostPygar, on 19 December 2012 - 10:37 AM, said:

Or not a huge issue if you just don't repaint your mechs.

I dunno, most my mechs only gained the ability to be painted yesterday, so that's one reason I'm not "getting it" here, and the other reason the complaint is lost on me is they have far more important and practical things to add into the game first. (Weapons Grouping that can be done while I am fitting my mechs instead of frantically at the beggining of a drop would be nice)

There is also the idea that it may never get fixed because it plays into their microtransaction system. And lastly, as I mentioned earlier I play EVE online- a game that totally does not care if you payed for it with your credit card and does not care if it is so LE that you have the only known copy of that item in the galaxy- destroyed is destroyed in EVE online... so I kinda can feel your pain because "you paid for it" but then again, I kinda don't...if you wan't to learn a whole new appreciation of the word "permanent" go give EVE online a try.

I played eve too... you dont buy actual items with money unless you're illegally using RMT. The only thing you pay for is time in eve...or you sell GTC for ISK... buy you never buy items exception (clothing items...which do not disappear if you're podded) Which invalidates your point.

Now here we are actually buying items with money. Many you get to permanently keep for the life of your account. paint however is not the same... Why?

Furthermore the point of the paint system is to allow users to have fun... Trying different things cosmetically is fun. Later when community warfare comes out hopefully you can pick you battles meaning camo comes in even more useful.

Also just look how many people aren't buying paint because it's not permanent? Myself included.

Edited by BlackSquirrel, 19 December 2012 - 10:49 AM.

#46 TESTIFY

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 50 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

I have bought a few camo patterns but I can change the colors on those with the basic colors for cbills or the colors from my PC gamer camo. I feel like all camo or color patterns you buy should be like the pc gamer set up were its reusable. I would buy a lot of them. it would be nice to have different looks for different maps and merc unit colors when you are with your team. Sometimes you just want to change things up. The way they offer them now seems counter productive to making money. I won't buy any paint as it is now but I would probably buy 80% of it if they let me reuse it.

#47 Kill Dozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 343 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

I'm not paying 300,000 cbills for a single color in a paint scheme regardless. "Basic Blue" costs 300k to apply.

#48 Pygar

• Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

View PostBlackSquirrel, on 19 December 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

I played eve too... you dont actual items with money unless you're illegally using RMT. The only thing you pay for is time in eve.
Now here we are actually buying items with money. Many you get to permanently keep for the life of your account. paint however is not the same... Why?

Furthermore the point of the paint system is to allow users to have fun... Trying different things cosmetically is fun. Later when community warfare comes out hopefully you can pick you battles meaning camo comes in even more useful.

Yes, you can buy money in EVE through the PLEX system, right from CCP itself with your bank card (not RMT, RMT will get you banned.) and you can also turn PLEX back into subscription time, but not actual money.

As far as this game goes, the paint is permanent... repainting an already painted mech is the only thing that makes it any different... so just don't do that? I can see where you are coming from, but am not flying around in my painted mechs wishing I had painted it greenish because I am suddenly battling on the forest map... if we aren't allowed to know what map we are dropping into and change weapons/mechs accordingly, why expect it to work that way for paintjobs?

Edited by Pygar, 19 December 2012 - 10:58 AM.

#49 Loqgar

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

I will not spend a single MC on paint until they make them all like the PC gamer colors, after that i will likely buy them all.

#50 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

This is a nobraioner. Definately yes. Say you're playing with 2 teams that have team paints. Switching between those paint jobs isn't a viable option with the current situation.

Now many people will buy ONE paint job, but very few will buy 2 for a mech.

#51 BlackSquirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 873 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

View PostPygar, on 19 December 2012 - 10:56 AM, said:

Yes, you can buy money in EVE through the PLEX system, right from CCP itself (not RMT, RMT will get you banned.) and you can also turn PLEX back into subscription time.

As far as this game goes, the paint is permanent... repainting an already painted mech is the only thing that makes it any different... so just don't do that? I can see where you are coming from, but am not flying around in my painted mechs wishing I had painted it greenish because I am suddenly battling on the forest map... if we aren't allowed to know what map we are dropping into and change weapons/mechs accordingly, why expect it to work that way for paintjobs?

I know you can get money in eve... You can't get items (Ships mods etc directly though...Only clothes which are permanent)

Because it's a Gip? Honestly why shouldnt you be allowed to keep camo patterns, and colors that you choose permanently?

http://mwomercs.com/...implementation/

Like I said later they plan of having people fight for territory/planets... in which case camo could help... Or the fact that people like to try new things. Also why isn't paint permanent if all other MC items are? (Aside from time of course)

#52 Pygar

• Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

View PostBlackSquirrel, on 19 December 2012 - 11:02 AM, said:

I know you can get money in eve... You can't get items (Ships mods etc directly though...Only clothes which are permanent)

Actually the EVE clothes aren't permanent IIRC- if you get podded wearing them they are destroyed as well.

Honestly, I think the Devs just expect people to have multiple mechs moreso than people having one mech and trying to do everything with it....and/or the Devs just don't see paintjobs as very important, something you might buy for your most favorite mechs, but not several for the same mech.

Edited by Pygar, 19 December 2012 - 11:13 AM.

#53 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

I keep holding off because yes, I want to buy all the paints and patterns as content unlocks. If I buy a Mech, I can change the weapons without rebuying the mech chassis in MC. I can put my cockpit decorations in one mech or another once I buy it.

I know it is paint, but I am paying to unlock content and if I want to run crazy colors then switch to team colors that should not cost real money each time I swap. I will pay $$$ for colors and patterns then use them as I see fit, just tell me how much you want PGI. $1 per color and $5-10 per pattern seems fine as a permanent unlock for all mechs. Paying over and over to respray in real money is not something I am interested in. I have dropped a ton of money on MWO, but mostly it is sitting in my MC pool.

#54 Lanessar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • LocationTampa

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

View PostBlackSquirrel, on 19 December 2012 - 11:02 AM, said:

Also why isn't paint permanent if all other MC items are? (Aside from time of course)

The rewards from time actually are, which pretty much means the same thing. If you earn 10,000,000 CBills and 60K mech XP during the time that you have premium active, those don't disappear when premium expires.

Everything which costs MC is permanently assigned to you. Even if you strip and sell a mech, the Cbills and equipment gained from that transaction remain in your possession, can be used for whatever you wish, and still exist tied to your account.

Camo is the only flaw - paint isn't "kept", but goes away if you change it with another MC or Cbill transaction.

Whether they unlock paint for all mechs, or a single chassis, or whatever... it needs to be structured so that if you pay real live dollars for it, it's an option you can use from then on out, whether it's across all mechs, that specific chassis, or unlocked per account.

Edited by Lanessar, 19 December 2012 - 11:16 AM.

#55 Darwins Dog

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

I would love to be able to save paint schemes. Currently I only have my two most played mechs painted in my merc unit's colors, and none of the special patterns.

I could see this:
Each color slot for a specific variant saves any colors that have been purchased for it. If you want that color on a new section, you pay for it. If you have two colors purchased for one section, you can freely switch between them. Patterns apply to a specific chassis and can be switched freely. If you want to use the same colors or scheme a different variant, you have to get the pattern or paint again.

This lets players paint their favorites (I imagine most people have a handful of mechs that the like best) and lets PGI get the money for purchases of vanity items (which are going to be a big money maker in the long run).

#56 BlackSquirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 873 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

View PostPygar, on 19 December 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:

Actually the EVE clothes aren't permanent IIRC- if you get podded wearing them they are destroyed as well.

Honestly, I think the Devs just expect people to have multiple mechs moreso than people having one mech and trying to do everything with it....and/or the Devs just don't see paintjobs as very important, something you might buy for your most favorite mechs, but not several for the same mech.

Aurum items are indestructible. Unless they changed that in retribution. Go on sisi pod yourself with items... They show back up.

#57 FelixBlucher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

I liked a suggestion in another forum. They suggested making it cost Mc to purchase the paint job, but costs Cbills to reapply it.

#58 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:49 AM

who are the 7 who voted no? i want to know why? is it because you wouldn't paint your mech anyway? or because one paint job is all you need? either explanation doesn't matter or make any difference, this is mainly for people who want to paint and play dress up on their mechs.

#59 Faithsfall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 363 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

Yes yes yes, add to that a 1 time only skin purchase like the pc gamer skin then i would buy most if not every skin available i purchased the phranken skin for my cataphract without paying to much attention at the time that you can't keep so no more purchases from me for something i lose every time i feel like a change.

1. current format= no MC purchases
2. if you could keep skins/paints= lot's of MC purchases

now my maths isn't brilliant but even i can see option 2 generates more money.

#60 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

View PostFelixBlucher, on 19 December 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

I liked a suggestion in another forum. They suggested making it cost Mc to purchase the paint job, but costs Cbills to reapply it.

nah man mine is better!
mc buys you the paint on a certain mech and that paint on that certain mech is forever that mechs, free for you to change when you please. screw paying cbills for something that i have already spent money on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users