Willing To Buy Multiple Paints? If You Can Keep Them. (Currently +600 Votes To Yes, New Polls Added)

268 replies to this topic

Poll: purchasing multiple paints per mech. (649 member(s) have cast votes)

purchasing multiple paints per mech.

1. Voted yes (617 votes [94.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 94.34%

2. no (37 votes [5.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.66%

number of colors you would buy on a single mech. added 14/1/13

1. Voted 1-3 (70 votes [32.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.56%

2. 4-6 (84 votes [39.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.07%

3. 7-9 (25 votes [11.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.63%

4. 10-12 (10 votes [4.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.65%

5. 13> (26 votes [12.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.09%

number of camo you would buy per mech. added 14/1/13

1. Voted 1 (40 votes [18.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.60%

2. 2 (91 votes [42.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.33%

3. 3 (35 votes [16.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.28%

4. 4> (49 votes [22.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

if you could KEEP your paints would you buy more then one paint job per mech?

purchasing/keeping one paint per mech not one paint for all mechs. (igp gotta make money some how.... but us consumers want to feel like the mc spent is justified). basically the current scheme only difference is you can keep the paint.

6/1/13 - 300 yeses!!

9/1/13 - 400 yeses!!

17/1/13 stayed up for this one 500!!

24/1/13 600

14/1/13
iv added 2 more questions to the poll. just to clarify question 2, (on one mech) if you purchase 6 colors in default plus 3 for one of your camos = 9 paints. (one box, one color)

iv added the camo question because number of camos you own can affect the number of paints you purchase.

you must delete vote to recast if you have voted before.

5/2/13
our work here is done!!!!
http://mwomercs.com/...o-spec-phase-2/
now on to pricing hehehehe

Edited by King Arthur IV, 04 February 2013 - 08:53 PM.

#2 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

btw if you vote can you bump the post while your at it :) so we can get the message out there.
ty

17/1/13
had to put this on first page. this pilot pumpping with style.
starting on page 12

View PostRoadbuster, on 16 January 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

Posted Image

Edited by King Arthur IV, 16 January 2013 - 08:33 AM.

#3 Ursh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

I totally would. If I spend mc or almost 1 million cbills on paint, i should have it permanently.

Technically, aren't they repainting it after every match?

#4 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

View PostUrsh, on 19 December 2012 - 01:11 AM, said:

I totally would. If I spend mc or almost 1 million cbills on paint, i should have it permanently.

Technically, aren't they repainting it after every match?

add that to rnr when its back lol

#5 Degalus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 364 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

I only use the pc gamer colors because thats are colors how it should work. I have them permanent and can paint every mech with them including pc gamer skin. Dont spend any cent for non permanent items.

#6 Barranoid

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

I bought some paint with mc's and realized that I'd loose that paint as soon as I decide to put a different paintjob on my mech. Kinda makes me feel bad for painting that said mech at all. You know the kind of bad when ppl. will point at you calling you a moron for wasting your mc's on stuff like that :-/

#7 EldenLance

• PipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

The thing is that our team has a team paintjob, dased on non-MC items. But when i play as PUG i normally repaint to some interesting PCGamer+CB paint combos, because i like it. Like repainting stuff and so on.
Now, if we are going to pick an MC based camo as a team standard i'll be forced to buy an additional set of mechs for team matches - just to be able to keep the camo. :)

#8 Exoth3rmic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 434 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

Absoloutely.

#9 arkani

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:03 AM

1) Paint & Camo is wayyyyy to expensive
2) You can't keep the camo and you can't keep the paint?

I won´t spend a dime on it, PGIGP

Edited by arkani, 19 December 2012 - 02:03 AM.

#10 Apoc1138

• 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

I don't mind paying $0.50 to $1 for paint, but I won't be paying $5 for a pattern that I can't re-use

#11 Rodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 358 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

View PostDegalus, on 19 December 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

Dont spend any cent for non permanent items.

Me too.

Oh, and would like to choose between a single purchase for one mech and accountwide unlocks for a higher prize. I want to collect them over time.

#12 Vincent Lynch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:36 AM

while I would actually pay for paint if i could keep that scheme, currently I won't. Not purely for the money reasons, but also because the stock paint scheme is the best camo anyway, on at least two maps.

I definitely would buy lots of paint though, if MWO enabled me on making different paint schemes for different maps to be played and automatically selected at fight start.

Basically that means, I would pay for paint if I could use bright colors on Frozen plains, green/brown on Forest Colony and Caustic Valley, and grey/black on River City. But I don't want to shell out CBs for a fixed paint scheme which would actually make me more visible on most maps.

#13 Black Templar

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 300 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

bumping

#14 Tarby

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 51 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

I won't be buying any paint or camo for mc if I have to rebuy if I decide to change. The cost needs to be to unlock permanently, even on a per mech basis.

#15 Tirick Fire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 172 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:04 AM

I've bought one Camo, and a paint job for my C4 Cat, but I'm not likely to change it, ever, unless the colours become 'unlocked' rather than one-time purchases. Heck, I'd be fine with a CBill charge to change it again, but leave the colour available at no extra MC cost.

For that matter, add Camo sets to the 'unlock' and I'll get more camo sets for my stable too.

#16 Harpdog

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:44 AM

At the moment, the pricing and lack of permanency is what its preventing me from painting my Mechs. I would love to 'rock some bitchin' camo', as I'm sure the cool kids will be saying some time soon, but there is no way I'm spending large amounts of Cbills - let alone real world money - on something that has a purely cosmetic effect and will have to be repurchased if I ever want to change it. Not to mention the fact that camo on my Mechs is something I have to pay for, without having a decent way of properly appreciating it for myself.

Without wanting to wave the competition in your face, go and look at how World of Tanks does paint schemes and the Tank Hanger *cough* Mech bay *cough*. It's not perfect, but at the moment it works better than the MWO approach. It still makes you pay for every change, and it costs you real money if you want the scheme to last for ever rather than rent it for a month - but it also gives you a bonus (small, not enough to be P2W) to your concealment rating so I consider it worth paying for on Tanks I'm going to keep for ever. And you can 360 degree rotate your tank to view from any angle - you really do need to get this feature working in the mech lab, the lack of it really stands out.

Obviously, I can only speak for myself, but if the basic operation of the camo system is going to stay as-is then the pricing structure needs a drastic revision downwards. I'm not going to blow MC350 on an essentially pointless camo scheme when I could have a whole new Mech bay for less. As for the paint colours? I can understand the rational behind making all the useful ones MC only, but at MC125 for a single use all I'm going to do is laugh at your misguided business acumen and move on.

Once again, my own opinion, but I would redesign the system so you can pay a high amount of cbills for a single use license on any camo pattern or colour. That means its locked to a specific mech, rather than a chassis type. If you change the paint scheme or sell the mech you have essentially thrown away the money, but you didn't have to spend MC either. Next would be the option to spend a small amount of MC instead of a large wedge of cbills. Still a single use license, but for MC25 instead of CB150000. The next tier option would be a larger MC payment to permanently unlock a single camo pattern for an entire chassis type, or a colour palette for use on any mech you own. So a single payment of MC250 would unlock the urban block pattern for use on any Raven chassis you may own now or in the future, no further payment needed. If you want it for the atlas chassis as well then that will be another MC250. A similar one-off payment of MC350 would unlock the mountain palette (or any other one you choose). Once unlocked these colours are available for use on any of your mechs, as many times as you want, for no further payment.

I'd even go one step further, and have a final tier. A single payment of MC4500 (or similar, comparable cost with a medium to heavy class hero mech) would give you open access to the whole paint shop. All colours, all patterns, on any mech, any time, no further payment.

If its about income then think of it this way. You will make far more money from selling paint if its so cheap that everyone buys loads of it on impulse. As soon as it becomes expensive enough that I have to consider the cost before purchasing then I realise that it gives very little return for the investment and I'm out. Right now I can give a nice paint job to 5 or 6 of my existing mechs, or I can buy a new hero mech. Guess which one I'm going to go with.

#17 Slash

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

The devs should check out "Global Agenda" for an example of a FANTASTIC paint and camo system. Basically once you buy an ink you can apply it to any of your items. Even though the inks can be expensive, it's worth it because you can re-use them. I've spent at least $20 on just inks in that game because it's fun to have sweet camo colors.

#18 MrPenguin

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSudbury, Ontario

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

Posted Image
You know you want it.

Edited by MrPenguin, 19 December 2012 - 07:51 AM.

#19 Rascula

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWord of Blake Protectorate, Epsilon Eridani.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

I've bought camo schemes for a couple of mechs, and have the pc gamer for a third one. It costs sure, but then im not likely to be scrapping the things any time soon.
The developers need revenue streams in order to make money which is something any and all business's have to do and the fact they chose to want to create a revenue stream from vanity items is fine and understandable.
You as a player can't have everything for nothing i'm afraid, at the end of the day its still a 'free' game and paint jobs are purely optional.

#20 Krazyjim

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

View PostMrPenguin, on 19 December 2012 - 07:51 AM, said:

Posted Image
You know you want it.

I'm throwing money at my computer but nothing is happening!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users