• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:38 AM

View PostShadowLiger, on 13 April 2015 - 04:59 PM, said:

http://imgur.com/WkD23eA
Finally got that after some trial and error, but the import.txt python script failed when moving it into blender.

What were the errors when you imported it into Blender?

#1422 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:44 AM

View PostNumber767, on 14 April 2015 - 05:28 AM, said:

I am having a issue with Netfabb Basic creating flipped faces and random geomitry that is all but destorying a few models. I was told that the issue I am having could be a bad install or it failed to uninstall everything from a prior installation. Any truth to this, or some suggestions?

I'm not familiar with Netfabb at all, so can't provide any help. Hopefully someone knows though.

#1423 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:13 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 12 February 2015 - 09:01 PM, said:

I have a request Heffay. How far back do your game files go?

I found the Victor-A in the files...and I'm curious how long it's been in there. They released mid July 2013, so if you have one from around then, would you mind searching for:

vtr_left_torso_uac5

Or any other LT ballistic. It would be greatly appreciated.

I understand why they might not have included it...but it's not really applicable in the current game environment. Maybe replace the MLs with a PPC, back in those days:
Posted Image

View PostSparks Murphey, on 13 February 2015 - 12:58 AM, said:

I might. My archive goes a far way back. It's on an external drive that's not plugged in right now, though, so it'll have to wait before I get a chance to check.

View PostHeffay, on 13 February 2015 - 08:27 AM, said:

I have them from early 2013 or so. I try to archive off the files every now and then, in case I need stuff from previous versions.

I may need to be reminded a couple of times to look for this, but will try to get to it soon.

With the release of the Godly pods for the God tier robots...I'm curious about this again.
Those were available from the start of the Invasion, but this I'm not sure about.

#1424 SpOoKy777

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 148 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:10 PM

Just a quick update on the Urbanmech...

2.74 did nothing unfortunately...same crash...

As Heffay suggested 2.72 worked fine!

Is this how you go about drawing your stuff or are you dabbling in 3D modeling?

Yes and yes! :)

Though I use Blender just for the script execution...my reference scenes are mostly done in Cinema4d...
Can't say I'm a real good modeler yet, but I did some miles in that field so far...starts to pay off...

Edited by SpOoKy777, 17 April 2015 - 05:12 PM.

#1425 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:36 PM

To the victor Posted Image
Environment off deviantart.

Edited by mad kat, 22 April 2015 - 02:42 AM.

#1426 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:27 AM

View PostSpOoKy777, on 17 April 2015 - 05:10 PM, said:

2.74 did nothing unfortunately...same crash...

As Heffay suggested 2.72 worked fine!

I created a bug report for Blender. It's cutting and pasting the object import that is causing it to crash. I can get it to crash after just one or two object imports, made a video of it working, yadda yadda yadda. But they labeled the bug as incomplete.

https://developer.blender.org/T44469

If anyone wants to chime in on this and say they are having the exact same problem, I'd appreciate it. The triage guy said he couldn't reproduce it, but he won't do a full import either. So annoying.

In other somewhat related news:

Posted Image

What's this? I'm working on a C# program to read the files directly with the correct materials applied, that will also work with the 3.6 Cryengine files as well (aka Star Citizen)?? Why yes, yes I am!

https://github.com/M...gine-Converter/

#1427 baabaa214

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:06 AM

Does anybody knows where the scaling files are in the models and how to correctly set the mechs height scales?
Thank you.

#1428 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:25 AM

View Postbaabaa214, on 25 April 2015 - 03:06 AM, said:

Does anybody knows where the scaling files are in the models and how to correctly set the mechs height scales?Thank you.
Models are in meters and already scaled to each other.

#1429 Nikko Cortez

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:54 AM

I can't seem to get the importer script to work in PS at all. when I run it it just blows up with

"You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression" errors for probably every line of code in the script. I have tried running it in various folders from the main folder with all of the exported.paks down to the individual mechs directory ect. and can't seem to get it to run properly with a proper export script for blender.

#1430 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:57 PM

View PostNikko Cortez, on 25 April 2015 - 10:54 AM, said:

I can't seem to get the importer script to work in PS at all. when I run it it just blows up with

"You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression" errors for probably every line of code in the script. I have tried running it in various folders from the main folder with all of the exported.paks down to the individual mechs directory ect. and can't seem to get it to run properly with a proper export script for blender.

The most common cause of this is Noesis wasn't able to extract any of the files to .obj. Can you capture a screenshot and post it?

Also make sure you're running powershell version 3 or newer.

#1431 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:07 AM

These machines are big! (My scale trying to fit Hoomanz in cockpit and only just).
Posted Image
Environment from future. Wikia (slightly modified).

Edited by mad kat, 28 April 2015 - 07:21 AM.

#1432 Magic Murder Bag

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Naraka and Shinkoku

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:45 PM

Was debating asking this question but figured what the hell: Is the method for mechs apply for hauling in the leopard dropship, because I'm rather dumbfounded at this point.

Also, all I find are ANM files

Edited by Magic Murder Bag, 28 April 2015 - 05:11 PM.

#1433 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:42 PM

View PostMagic Murder Bag, on 28 April 2015 - 04:45 PM, said:

Was debating asking this question but figured what the hell: Is the method for mechs apply for hauling in the leopard dropship, because I'm rather dumbfounded at this point.

Also, all I find are ANM files

Essentially yes; you use Noesis and the cryengine plug-in to convert the .cgf files to objs, and them import into Blender.

I did make a handy Assets Importer powershell script to do this as well, but... it really needs updating.

Don't forget to rename all the .cga files to .cgf first, so Noesis can see them.

#1434 Magic Murder Bag

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Naraka and Shinkoku

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:45 AM

View PostHeffay, on 28 April 2015 - 08:42 PM, said:

Essentially yes; you use Noesis and the cryengine plug-in to convert the .cgf files to objs, and them import into Blender.

I did make a handy Assets Importer powershell script to do this as well, but... it really needs updating.

Don't forget to rename all the .cga files to .cgf first, so Noesis can see them.

Ah good, thanks. I must have done something wrong though as all I see are ANM files and I can't find the actual leopard dropshop files.

#1435 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:11 PM

View PostMagic Murder Bag, on 29 April 2015 - 09:45 AM, said:

Ah good, thanks. I must have done something wrong though as all I see are ANM files and I can't find the actual leopard dropshop files.

They were under... Umm... objects/... I need to get to my home computer to answer this. :)

#1436 hansdampf2k

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:34 AM

Hi all,
hi Heffay.

I have been busy working on several of the model files to bring them to a 3D printable state for about half a year now.
Thanks to Heffays youtube tutorials and the discussions in this thread I was quite successful in creating some printable models like the Timberwolf, the Adder and the Awesome.

Now that the Zeus has been released and being one of my all time favourite designs, I started working on these files.

But now there is a problem when I try to import the model infos into Blender. Few seconds after pasting the code to the python console, Blender just shuts down without any error messages. Blender is the latest release v 2.74.

Does anyone else is familiar with this problem and has some kind of solution? :>

#1437 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:22 PM

View Posthansdampf2k, on 02 May 2015 - 09:34 AM, said:

Hi all,
hi Heffay.

I have been busy working on several of the model files to bring them to a 3D printable state for about half a year now.
Thanks to Heffays youtube tutorials and the discussions in this thread I was quite successful in creating some printable models like the Timberwolf, the Adder and the Awesome.

Now that the Zeus has been released and being one of my all time favourite designs, I started working on these files.

But now there is a problem when I try to import the model infos into Blender. Few seconds after pasting the code to the python console, Blender just shuts down without any error messages. Blender is the latest release v 2.74.

Does anyone else is familiar with this problem and has some kind of solution? :>

Yup. There's a bug with 2.73 and 2.74. Download the 2.72 client again and it'll work.

I've submitted a bug report to Blender, but they don't think it's an issue yet. :(

#1438 hansdampf2k

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:28 AM

Yay! That did it! Now running with client 2.72b.
Had to upgrade the mech-importer to the latest version though.

Now let's tweak some mech parts!! :D

Thanks a lot!

Posted Image

#1439 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:52 AM

Fang valley:
Posted Image
This time its in the vriska cesta valley, Slovenia. A beautiful place.

#1440 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:16 PM

View Postmad kat, on 06 May 2015 - 05:52 AM, said:

Fang valley:
Posted Image
This time its in the vriska cesta valley, Slovenia. A beautiful place.

Wow... that is just amazing... seriously, even my wife said that looks great, and she does not even play!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users