Ask The Devs 29A!

336 replies to this topic

#41 Groundstain

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between here and there.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

Will we have a way to save multiple cammo designs per mech. It would be nice to have an evil Santa paint job for X-mas. Otherwise once I have company colors on my mechs I see no reason to continue purchasing paint jobs.

Edited by Groundstain, 20 December 2012 - 03:39 PM.

#42 Archphor

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

#1) Im loving what you have been doing with the Hero mechs; cool paint jobs, hard points that dont make them pay to win, and a nice Cbill boost. What I would like to know is if you have plans to make them look physicaly different (other then paint) by adding spikes, chains, ect? Something that makes them look physicaly different but dosent effect combat; hit boxs, collision ect.

#2) In Dev Blog #3 oncomunity warfare its mentioned that the 4 rolls are meant to use different modules. so far we have seen modules for scouts, assault, and defense can you give us any info or hints at what we could excpect for the command modules specificaly relating to "Suggested Modules: Ability to call upon support units ..." from the blog?

EDIT:
#3) when will we see more detailed wepon info in the Mech Lab like what we can find here? http://mwomercs.com/...s-excel-inside/

EDIT:
#4) curently the two weakest (never used by anyone and laughed at if you do) weapons in the game are the MG and Flame Thrower. Paul said that these wepons were being looked at, what is the curent status of these usless weapons?

Edited by Archphor, 20 December 2012 - 06:49 PM.

#43 Lonestar1771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

When will we get the Zeus? :P

#44 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

I read recently (from you Garth) that torso twist speed increases with larger engine sizes. How exactly is this calculated? Also are there any other benefits beside torso twist speed, run speed, and heatsinks?

#45 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

View PostNightcrept, on 20 December 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

Are we going to be getting a atlas hero mech. And if I come to the offices and begged would it help speed up when we get it.

I would wet my pants all over for this.. ..and if it was the D-DC variant.. ..OMG!! :P

#46 RedDragon

• 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

Question: Garth, can you tell us something about the timeline and how the Devs want to handle it at this moment? Are you still trying to advance 1:1 real time:game time? This would put the Clan invasion at March 2013, but this seems a bit optimistic. Can you tell us anything about the Devs' plans for the invasion and other upcoming events? No details, just a general idea of how you guys are currently thinking about it. Thanks :P

#47 Grissnap

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

Can you confirm whether the 85 degree torso twist for the Stalker 3F is intended or not?

Can you provide other details on other differences within the Stalker variants?

#48 ATao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

1. Any thoughts on taking ECM off D-DC and giving it to K atlas?

2. Two words: Jagermech, when?!

#49 Solomon Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

When can we expect more Modules?

#50 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 20 December 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

What's the current fielding ratio of the ECM-Capable variants vs. the non-ECM-capable variants of the same Chassis lines among those who own multiple Mechs in those Chassis lines?

(ex. How frequently do people who own multiple atlas Variants run the D-DC compared to how often they run their non-ECM Atlas variants?)

Since the addition of ECM I have run one of my D-DCs (yes, I own two now) in *every single match*, save one attempt with my good old RS last night. There is no viable reason not to take the D-DC, despite it being a little weak in close-in combat (I have no backup weapons, thanks to the sparse energy hardpoints).

If I had to guess, I would say that means 50-80 games in a D-DC, to 1 game in another variant (and I only pilot Atlases).

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 20 December 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

I would wet my pants all over for this.. ..and if it was the D-DC variant.. ..OMG!! :P

There is no way they would allow a hero mech with ECM... at least not with ECM in its current OP incarnation. That would be asking for folks to while about P2W :/

#51 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

1) [when] Will we be able to reorganize mechs in mech bay.
2) Xfire/SLI support. . any kinda ballpark rough guestimate as to when we might maybe kinda sorta see this? [the game looks so well in 6058 x 1080, but getting the performance there is just the wrong side of smooth]
3) I know a lot of people are QQ'ing about ECM, but c'mon. . . can we PLEASE have it added to the Jenner 7k? Let's face it, it's the only real option to make that particular variant combat variable :P

#52 Kodiak Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 935 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

same question as Alexander Malthus. currently the D-DC Atlas and commando 2D are the dominant variants, has there been any thoughts in the studio of removing ECM and adding it to the weaker variants such as the K Atlas or the 1D Commando?

Cheers Kodiak.

#53 Hollister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 321 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

One question.

Since there are alot of canon paint schemes with Bronze, Silver, and Gold paint. Will these colors be added sometime in the near future?

#54 Waldex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 158 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

Ok my question is simple, when are we going to be able to move between tabs in the mechlab without paying for each different item, and what is taking so long to get this fixed? Myself and many other people really want to be able to tinker with our builds without having to pay the ridiculous fees for equipping and then unequipping DHS, or Ferro.

#55 Kaijin

• 2,137 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Are improvements to the in-match text chat system planned, such as a minimizable chat box, persistent chat, larger fonts, and channels on tabs, or will MWO break with the modern gaming standard and not provide an adequate means of communication for not only those who would prefer to not use voip, but also those who by circumstance or disability are unable to use anything but text chat to communicate with?

edit1: I would appreciate a serious answer rather than the unprofessional one I received from Garth earlier on the forum.

edit2: Great job on the December 18th patch. Though it was missing what I feel is a needed nerf to ECM, the bug-fixes for me were outstanding. No more CTD, Yellow Screen or MechLab freezes.

Edited by Kaijin, 20 December 2012 - 08:45 PM.

#56 Sears

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 973 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Q1. Will we be able to change the base colour of the founder mechs? We can already change the band, but would be nice to change the blue.

Q2. When are we likely to see some of the other information warfare items that are mentioned in the second dev blog, such as detectors, satellite, UAV ect ect? Some of these sound like the paper and scissors to ECM.

#57 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

Second question...there's a fairly large segment of the population that would just love to play matches of pure annihilation, especially now since there's less incentive to simply play the objective in terms of cash earned. Can we have an annihilation mode while you guys also work to tweak the objective based modes?

I hate to point to dreaded FPS series but go look at conquest mode in BF3/BFBC2 for an example. There's incentive outside of just a win, to play the objective and put yourself at risk. Currently, it's more lucrative to just brawl.....and easier to win to simply cap. I think my entire clan would rather just play an annihilation mode right now, because we didn't join this game to get to an obj and just sit. We play to fight.

#58 Waldex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 158 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

View PostSlater01, on 20 December 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

On a lighter note, when do we get Coffee Travel Mugs for our battemech's dashboard?

View Posttekka, on 20 December 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

will we the players get a christmas card from you devs all dressed in santa hats?

and are you devs going to spoil us with pressent uder our christmas trees?

On another note please stop answering questions like this, it was cute at first, but now it just takes up valuable space I think most of us would rather have filled with useful info.

#59 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on 20 December 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

There is no way they would allow a hero mech with ECM... at least not with ECM in its current OP incarnation. That would be asking for folks to while about P2W :/

Lol i would have to agree, a hero mech with ECM would cause an outcry.. ..i would expect it to be either the K or RS i think, i would regard these two as the lesser variants in comparison to the D and D-DC. Still, i have a K and dont mind playing in it at all.

#60 Ramses2020

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

I know it's been posted elsewhere given the nature of it, but I've got to ask.

Given that MWO has a 1:1 timescale with 3050 just approaching, technological deployment implementations of existing technology (3058 comes to mind, obviously) are quite a ways off. Is it known how PGI will handle upgraded weapons systems for future years? I really wouldn't mind MRMs and ER lasers in MWO before 8 years passes :P.

Also, I'm sure you're tired of reading this, but do you not see a balance issue when engine integrated DHS are rated 2.0 while discrete DHS are rated at 1.4? Any engine size doubles its heat dissipation and capacity for no weight, volume, or mass penalty. If a mech equipped with no more than a 250 engine converts to DHS, the heat rating of that mech is doubled without any alteration of loadout whatsoever. It's akin to external DHS requiring one critical slot with double dissipation and capacity. But external DHS aren't like that... at all. So, with that comparison, can PGI justify why the internal DHS are rated at double while the external are rated at 1.4? Did someone put the 2.0 and 1.4 in the wrong places? Hmmm...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users