[Bug] On Performance, 4Fps And Ctds

2 replies to this topic

#1 EvilCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

My report after last patch, the performance considerably improved however still there are stability problems:

The game still crashes on map load even if less frequently than before. Crashes during game play still occur too but not so frequently for me, like one out 10 games.

The 4FPS bug worsened, now I have to restart the game after just two games and I get many problems with textures during the second game and sometime already in the first game, like:
- Untextured mechs, they look like white-silver, I can provide screenshots if needed.
- Partially textured mechs, some sections are textured others are white-silver.
- Wrong textured mechs, they have like stripes of white.

My config:
Dual E6600@3.2, AMD 5870 with latest drivers (8-12), 4GB RAM, WinXP SP3.

A log after a crash:
============================ Loading level mechlab ============================
Initializing default materials...
[Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'textures/particles/weapons/laser_beam_1x4_lop0.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=textures/particles/weapons/laser_beam_1x4_lop0.dds]
[Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'textures/particles/weapons/ppc_beam_b.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=textures/particles/weapons/ppc_beam_b.dds]
======== mechlab is loaded in 6.0 sec ========
[Error] [UIAction] MainScreen (0): UIElement does not have object _root.
UnLoadLevel End: 0.4 sec
Game rules class: Assault
============================ PrepareLevel causticvalley ============================
Initializing default materials...
[Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'textures/particles/weapons/laser_beam_1x4_lop0.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=textures/particles/weapons/laser_beam_1x4_lop0.dds]
[Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'textures/particles/weapons/ppc_beam_b.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=textures/particles/weapons/ppc_beam_b.dds]
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/stalker/lmg_files/land_to_fwd_fp.lmg
[Error] <Flash> Import error: GFxResource 'WeaponIcon' is not exported from movie 'CommonAssets.swf' [Libs/UI/HUD\Common\HUDMain.gfx]

#2 Foster Bondroff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 279 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

Same here. In general performance better.

But 4 FPS bug still present and new texture bugs. The texture bugs seem to be a more common problem, as about half the people i play with report those.

#3 Purplefluffybunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

Just to be clear, whilst FPS performance in this latest patch is better than the previous one, on the whole the FPS performance is still poor in comparison to the closed beta builds from a while back.

I am actually still disappointed with the FPS performance as I barely get beyond 25 FPS on high settings and medium settings often confer a 35 FPS avg....and this is with an i5 quadcore system with 8GB of Ram and a GTX 460.

Playing with the options, shadows seem to be very unoptimized and some poor clipping and line of sight considerations on maps such as Frozen City, appear responsible for significant FPS drops beyond the general poor performance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users