Atlas As7 D-Dc Builds And Reviews

96 replies to this topic

#1 Zaptruder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 716 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

Use this thread to post your D-DC builds and then provide comments on how it performs and how it functions for your own build and the builds of any posters you try.

Build name: Battlefield Awareness
Engine: 350XL
Weapons:
2 LL (LA, RA)
2 AC/2 (RT) + 3 tons ammo
1 LRM 15 (LT) + 2 tons ammo
2 SSRM 2 (LT) + 2 tons ammo
ECM (CT)
19 DHS
Armor (differential from std):
LL -8
RL -8
(Less half ton of armor).

Comments:
Unusual build in that it uses an XL engine. Reason is, in my experience, by the time you've lost 1 side of your torso, there's around a 2/3 chance that you're surrounded and would only survive a few more seconds without it anyway.
  • Long range oriented load out that is still very competent up close.
  • Larger engine to allow you to maneuver around on the battlefield more easily (especially with speed tweak).
  • Able to provide hard hitting, consistent damage at all range over a long period of time.
  • Good mix of direct and indirect fire power.
  • Excellent for players that like to deal damage at all ranges.
  • Allows players to react to all changing circumstances on battlefield.
  • Good for high ping players as well (i.e. asia pacific players and to a lesser extent euro players); lasers are hit scan, AC/2s are very quick, and LRM and SSRM are lock on weapons.

#2 Bobby Bolivia

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Atlas D-DC

Standard 300 engine
3x lrm15
2x er large laser
ECM
Standard frame and armour
Dhs
Artemis
A couple of heat sinks and the rest lrm ammo (approx 1400 rounds)
Range + module, zoom module, faster info module
Reduced armour in the legs

If someone wants the exact details, I can post them.

This is a very specific long range build, but it's by far my favourite to play. If you get in close with someone, you're probably dead, but played properly from range and not blind firing, it is very effective. I frequently do 1000+ DMG, have done as much as almost 1400, but average around 700 or so.

I sometimes swap out some ammo for beagle and TAG, but usually feel I don't need them for PUG'ig

Edited by Dixie Cup, 24 December 2012 - 10:28 AM.

#3 neviu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Locationnetherlands

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

best brawling ddc build.

2 lla
3srm 6
ac 20
dhs
300 engine
ecm
stacking only heatsinks
and putting ammo legs head,
i changed 1 heatsink
for 1 more ton of ammo in the missle torso
but thats up to you
gotta shave some leg armour to,

firing lla only on range,
firing the rest when close,
you can 2 shot alot of guys if done right,

Edited by neviu, 24 December 2012 - 11:55 AM.

#4 Broceratops

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

do NOT put an XL on an atlas unless you're planning to be a missile boat or extreme range sniper. actually, if you're planning to be a missile boat, just make a stalker. if you're planning to be a sniper, just be a k2 or ilya. so what we have left is do NOT put an XL on an atlas.

i dont like to get into mech debates because without a player ranking system no one has much to back up their opinions other than 'well i do pretty good with it', but on this point I am very firm. XL's suck except in light and a few weirdly shaped mechs. it is not something you get just because you wanna save up space or move 10 kph faster.

#5 DerOger

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

View Postneviu, on 24 December 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

best brawling ddc build.

2 lla
3srm 6
ac 20
dhs
300 engine
ecm
[...]

That is exactly how i play my D-DC! Very effective and versatile build imho.
You could even swap out the large lasers for ER large lasers if you can manage the heat, the larger range helps a lot in some situations.

#6 Biruke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,162 posts
  • LocationMsk, RF, Terra

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

View PostZaptruder, on 24 December 2012 - 03:20 AM, said:

Comments:
Unusual build in that it uses an XL engine. Reason is, in my experience, by the time you've lost 1 side of your torso, there's around a 2/3 chance that you're surrounded and would only survive a few more seconds without it anyway.

I think XL engine is more of a disadvantage here. I have installed a 325 standard engine and pretty happy with it going over 57 kmph with the elite speed tweak. And I sometimes lose one of the torsos and still survive (If both go off, I just turn into a walking monument). I even had games when I merely survived without torsos at all. Just walked away and distracted the enemy's las lights.

View Postneviu, on 24 December 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

best brawling ddc build.

2 lla
3srm 6
ac 20
dhs
300 engine
ecm
stacking only heatsinks
and putting ammo legs head,
i changed 1 heatsink
for 1 more ton of ammo in the missle torso
but thats up to you
gotta shave some leg armour to,

firing lla only on range,
firing the rest when close,
you can 2 shot alot of guys if done right,

Mine is almost the same except I have only two SRM6. But instead I have FF-armour and 325 engine.

#7 Biruke

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,162 posts
  • LocationMsk, RF, Terra

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

And I must say so far this is my favourite mech and build. I'm regularly on top of the players list with it.

The rest are just for developing the elite abilities in hero mechs.

#8 Indoorsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 792 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

2LL
2UAC5
3Streak

#9 Wrenchfarm

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

Just picked up a D-DC tonight! Kinda having trouble figuring out a build I like and would love to hear some more suggestions. Liking Indoormans dual UAC5+Streakers build. Being able to jam a lights ECM and pound it back to the stone age gives my old heart a flutter.

But I'm also hesitent. I already have a Phract that uses dual UAC5s and 4MLAS. I feel like giving up all that mobility for some streaks that may or may not come through might not be worth it.

So post those links/builds and help me get this most out of this beast!

#10 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

Picked up my DDC yesterday. Currently running DHS, ECM (no AMS), STD300, 2x LL, 3x Artemis SRM6 and a Gauss. Tried AC20 but runs too hot and range too limited.

Not too bad, a good supportive brawler build with which you could develop a one-two-three punch with the three groups of weapons you have..

#11 Ellenai

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:59 AM

1 LL
3 LRM 15 + Artemis
TAG
STD 300
DHS
6 TON AMMO
ECM

////////////

Above 1k dmg each game.

Edited by Ellenai, 25 December 2012 - 01:59 AM.

#12 RocketmanZero

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 60 posts
  • LocationBrawling Distance

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

^(Sorry for previous double post. Pasting text was doing weird things so I just deleted that and just made a new post)

I was gonna post my own thread on the D-DC but this seemed like a more appropriate place since were all talking about this version here anyways. I've been messing around with two loadouts, a dual LBX-10 build for brawling and a more refined dual U/AC5 version.

The D-DC
I came late into the game with the D-DC. I totally disregarded it as the extra 3 mill didnt seem worth my it for a command module that as of yet did nothing. But then ECM came along and totally changed the way I regarded this mech both as someone piloting and engaging it on the battlefield.
I'm not gonna get into an ECM debate on how it is or is not overpowered. However to be blunt, as it currently stands unless a very coordinated team is making a concerted effort to negate ECM with tag/narc or another ECM you're basically impervious to LRMs and until your right in front of the enemy you're almost invisible to boot. ECM makes the D-DC stealthy to some degree, which for a slow moving assault is kinda nice. You can shield your allies and sneak around the enemy to flank or counter an annoying raven trying to harass you so its pretty great. In general I've found people just try to ignore you until they are forced to deal with you since they can't get a solid lock to share with their allies and by that time its too late.

Version 1: "Alpha-Face"
Rocking two LBX-10s and three SRM6 this is basically a walking war crime. If this mech had a collar he'd probably pop it just so he could be a bigger annoyance and look like an even bigger @** when 40+ pts of armor get ripped off whatever was dumb enough to get within short range fire and die before asking "U mad bro?". If there is a troll of the battlefield this build is probably it. This Atlas enjoys long walks on the beach at a cool 48.6 Kph and exploring the nuances of rag doll physics with smaller mechs.

Loadout
Endo-Steel
2x LBx-10
3X SRM6
2X Medium lasers
ECM
STD 300 Engine

Playstyle
Very close range.
Medium lasers are the longest range weapon you have and using them at their max range only scares enemies away instead of drawing them in unless of course you're outnumbered in which case you have bigger problems.

Thoughts and Observations
This version was an interesting exercise in the psychology of what most opponents expect out of an Atlas entering close range combat. What I've observed is that most adversaries are expecting a "proper" Atlas to have more long range weaponry so what there not counting on is me packing a double barrel shotgun and then three SRM6 on top of that. Heavier mechs usually back off pretty quickly once they realize I want them to get close to me but by that time its usually too late.
As great as this loadout is I find it to be more fun than practical, especially now that stalkers are out. Also regardless of what your packing, since this is a brawler build your gonna get owned if you get outnumbered by more than 2 mechs since everyone knows to aim your your chest/ballistic slot you will destroyed relatively quickly.

Pros
- 2x LBX-10 and 3x SRM6 are great fun to use on unsuspecting enemies who don't think you can or want to take them close in 1v1 (I'm looking at you Centurion pilots!)
- You will destroy anything 1v1 and people who gaze upon you will know true fear

Cons
-Your super useless at anything but super close range
-Did I mention how useless you are when not at close range?
-An Atlas should be versed in combat at all ranges and you are not, this means you can't soften up targets by yourself at long range.
-Stalkers are not afraid of you yet, they will walk right up and 'boop' you with their face then alpha
-Stalkers being more bulbous up front makes its harder to rip off their side mounted weapons
-You need to use the buddy system and have someone holding your hand until you get in at close range while they engage long range targets with the AC20, Gauss, or U/AC5 that you should be carrying anyways you irresponsible troll you!

Final Thoughts
-Fun but not really practical (at least in my experience)
-Introduction of stalkers, their massive amount of hard points, and observed behavior of them running right up to you (Atlas syndrome I call it) like you're some sort of long lost lover makes them harder to deal with at close range (at least for me) especially because their side mounted weapons are harder to hit than compared to a centurion or awesome.

Version 2: "A more refined monster"
So now that I've gone through my LBX-10 phase and "matured" a bit the biggest difference is the use of dual U/AC5s which is great for long range suppression and harassment. Medium lasers are also traded out for large lasers, but we still retain the 3x SRM6 except with artemis this time for a tighter close range punch.

Loadout
Endo-Steel
DHS
Artemis
2x U/AC5
3x Artemis-SRM6
2x Large Lasers
ECM
STD 300 Engine

Playstyle
You can deal with anything long range like a proper atlas should when supporting their team or spotting targets trying to flank. You can also back a really nice punch at close range with three SMR6 which very few still expect. The U/AC5s work just as well at long range as they do at close range so you're not limited there and chain firing them works great assuming you don't jam.

Thoughts and Observations
For me at least I've had more success with this build, I can hit long range and hit equally as hard at close range so it strikes a really nice balance. Because of artemis sometimes I'll run out of SRM and AC ammo but that just means I've had a really good match with at least 3 kills, a ton of assists and the lasers are there for a reason so no big deal.

Pros
-Hits targets at all ranges
-Artemis on SRMs helps with spread
-still deadly at close range but unlike lbx you don't have to get quite as close

Cons
- Because of Artimus slots you don't have as much space for ammo and sometimes you will run out. However if this happens it's usually a sign of a good match and 2+ kills
- If you're not careful you will run out of U/AC5 ammo
-Prone to overheat if you don't alternate laser fire but the same could be said for anything with a heat efficiency under 1.0

Final Thoughts
Right now I greatly favor this build, I still think dual LBX-10s are great weapons but probably better off in a faster mech that can get in and out more easily than an Atlas.

Edited by RocketmanZero, 18 September 2014 - 01:23 PM.

#13 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:26 AM

View PostRocketmanZero, on 25 December 2012 - 02:26 AM, said:

Version 2: "A more refined monster"

Whats the heat efficieny on this guy exactly?

Right now im running a Atlas-D, but every variant but a DDC simply hurts your team right now (atleast while playing pug).
My D runs with: 2 LL, 2 ML, srm 4, srm6, gauss and 20 DHS. I totally love this loadout and wondering if i could do something similar on the DDC, but the only way i see is switching the ML for more srm, which would cost me some midrange firepower.

#14 neviu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Locationnetherlands

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

this how we roll in a ddc

#15 RocketmanZero

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

View Postmeteorol, on 25 December 2012 - 05:26 AM, said:

Whats the heat efficieny on this guy exactly?

Right now im running a Atlas-D, but every variant but a DDC simply hurts your team right now (atleast while playing pug).
My D runs with: 2 LL, 2 ML, srm 4, srm6, gauss and 20 DHS. I totally love this loadout and wondering if i could do something similar on the DDC, but the only way i see is switching the ML for more srm, which would cost me some midrange firepower.

Right now my current version gets 0.99 for heat efficiency which isn't great but pretty much all of my Atlases get around 0.94-0.99 with the exception ok my K which is 1.14. Have I overheated in battle? Yes. Do i fire off all my weapons all the time? Of course not, I use one or two at different ranges as needed and manage my heat the best I can like a responsible assault pilot.

I agree that if your not running a D-DC with ECM you are not as effective right now because of how jamming works.Transplanting your D loadout to your D-DC should be fine but your right about the ML/SRM switch in the DDC. Personally I found the added close range firepower to be more appealing as i use my LL and dual u/AC5 for medium and long range.

I'm of the mind set that an Atlas is going to be prone to a lower heat efficiency in general simply because of its potential to carry a lot of weapons. This doesn't necessarily mean you will overheat all the time after firing only a few shots (I imagine the same situation is true for most Stalker pilots). However I'm curious what most Atlas pilots consider to be a good heat efficiency rating. Thoughts?

#16 Indoorsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 792 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

View PostRocketmanZero, on 25 December 2012 - 01:23 PM, said:

I'm of the mind set that an Atlas is going to be prone to a lower heat efficiency in general simply because of its potential to carry a lot of weapons. This doesn't necessarily mean you will overheat all the time after firing only a few shots (I imagine the same situation is true for most Stalker pilots). However I'm curious what most Atlas pilots consider to be a good heat efficiency rating. Thoughts?

My 3 Atlas are 1.09, 1.15, 1.24 and double Elite perks.

#17 PaintedWolf

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

300XL Engine
2 ER PPC
1 Gauss
3 SRM-6 w/Artemis
15 DHS
18 tons armor
ECM
4 tons ammo for Gauss, 5 tons for SRMs.

#18 RocketmanZero

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

View PostIndoorsman, on 25 December 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

My 3 Atlas are 1.09, 1.15, 1.24 and double Elite perks.

What are their loadouts?

Also when you say double elite perks, do you mean they literally have x2 on their elite abilities? How do you get that?

Edited by RocketmanZero, 25 December 2012 - 02:01 PM.

#19 PaintedWolf

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

BTW SRM-6s can work against Lights if spammed.

#20 RocketmanZero

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

View PostPaintedWolf, on 25 December 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

BTW SRM-6s can work against Lights if spammed.

Isn't that what they're for? :D

Edited by RocketmanZero, 25 December 2012 - 02:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users