216 replies to this topic

#1 Lon3Wo1f

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

All Performance / FPS / Lag related posts will be merged into this thread for simplified reference and overview.

Please attempt to respond to the following questions in your responses:
  • How had the patch generally affected your performance?
  • Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
  • System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler])
  • Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location

How many patches are we going to go through where this bug lives? How many people are going to get annoyed by it and stop playing? If this isn't the highest priority fix I don't know what it could be. I got it maybe twice in the past but from around three patches ago I'm getting it far more often so if anything it's getting worse and it's so frustrating.

I can either quit the match or play with FPS between 3 - 7 when looking in specific directions. With regards to that why is it only in specific directions too? If I look down the sides of maps I'm fine but if I look towards the middle or to where the other team spawned it hits me. Yes it's a ranty post but frankly I'm sick of this bug getting through patch after patch while it gets WORSE.

Edited by Niko Snow, 16 April 2013 - 12:23 PM.
Quote start added due to merged threads

#2 Inconspicuous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

It is quite annoying...

#3 RedDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1653772

4 FPS Bug

Well not exactly 4 fps obviously but this has become the common term for the issue where the games frame-rate suddenly plummets to single digit performance. So what is going on with this issue? Well as is generally the case with a bug that doesn't get resolved quickly this issue has proved hard for us to reproduce consistently.

So as we regularly do for a bug like this we take a longer term approach and raise the quality of our overall tools for tracking and reproducing these types of issues. In the New Year we have additional telemetry coming online for tracking fps issues and also server side fps issues.

This data helps us to isolate and fix not just a single issue but gives us better insight and therefore hopefully faster resolution for any future 'mystery' performance issues that occur. We also have greatly improved profiling tools internally which as you saw with the Dec 18th patch really help us to isolate issues and improve performance. This will only continue in the New Year and our internal tools continue to improve as much each patch as the external game does.

Until it is fixed - just restart your client after some games before the bug kicks in. Yes, it's annoying, but a restart every 10 games or so helps and only takes some seconds.

#4 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

To Piranha's credit, they're working on it, and the update leads me to believe we might see some kind of fixes next patch.
http://mwomercs.com/...-issues-update/

I also get a weird glitch sometimes where everything on the screen is messed up. Font, every number, and all images, are skewed up and unusable. When it occurs, it's permanent until you restart the whole game. It will carry from one game to the next until you restart.

Edited by Bluten, 25 December 2012 - 04:53 PM.

#5 Jadel Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

Doesn't bother me.

Restarting your client after x amount of games completely solves it.
Does that not work for you?

Sure it needs to be fixed but they already said they were working on it and will fix it when they can.

OP : pointless.

Oh..my slow typing let many other ppl point out the same thing.

#6 Lon3Wo1f

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

View PostJadel Blade, on 25 December 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

Doesn't bother me.

Restarting your client after x amount of games completely solves it.
Does that not work for you?

Sure it needs to be fixed but they already said they were working on it and will fix it when they can.

OP : pointless.

Oh..my slow typing let many other ppl point out the same thing.

I was ranting because I've had that quite a lot lately as well as frankly pathetic matchmaking tonight. 8 v 6, 7 v 5 and that's without disconnects. I expect the odd 8 v 7 with a disconnect after but 7 v 5....... I've never seen it as bad as that before. I didn't look for information on fixes but it's been pointed out to me now. I'm still frustrated though *frowns*

#7 Tarman

• 2,080 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

View PostLon3Wo1f, on 25 December 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

I was ranting because I've had that quite a lot lately as well as frankly pathetic matchmaking tonight. 8 v 6, 7 v 5 and that's without disconnects. I expect the odd 8 v 7 with a disconnect after but 7 v 5....... I've never seen it as bad as that before. I didn't look for information on fixes but it's been pointed out to me now. I'm still frustrated though *frowns*

Yep, it's totally annoying, and totally nothing to do but restart, till they get their datafeeds up and can get some better tools than the caveman kit they run currently. AFA matching, I've had a lot better luck personally with DCs in the last while than before, so it's pretty random, I'd say. Everyone has a different story on that issue.

#8 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

I assume that the reason that we still have this bug is because it is not an easy one to find.

#9 Superchibisan

• Pip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Not sure if no one is playing what so ever, but I am unable to find a game to play. The searching image has changed and the game will not connect to any server to play a game. I can log in, but I cannot play any games.

Edited by Superchibisan, 08 January 2013 - 01:12 PM.

#10 The Verge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 146 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

View PostSuperchibisan, on 08 January 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

Not sure if no one is playing what so ever, but I am unable to find a game to play. The searching image has changed and the game will not connect to any server to play a game. I can log in, but I cannot play any games.

Basically the same thing. Hope it gets a quick fix patch. Or a workaround. Eitherway, I'm going to try some tricks to get it working again

#11 V1nt3r

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Same here , cant find match :/

#12 Captain Commander

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 57 posts
  • LocationDeep South of the Upper North Americas

Failed to find a match, at least 15 times now.

#13 AGTMADCAT

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Likewise - thought it might be a problem with my mech build, but nope - other mechs are the same. Maybe the game host servers just aren't spooled up from the patch yet?

#14 psychophat

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

How about the issue when after a match and it returns to the main window but the main MWO window is all black no nothing. You need to quit and restart game again. But on the MWO window, even its all black you can click stuff if you know where they are like links, mc and the browser opens only thing is you can see the home interface.

#15 TenkaiRo

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

Same here just logged on and failed to find match. Tried many times same result. So please quickly fix. It sounds like i am not the only one.

#16 SC1P1O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 307 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

failed to find match 20 time too

#17 mechbane

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 99 posts
  • Locationlondon

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

same "cant find a match" just can not play

#18 Surmuri

• Pip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 19 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

The same here...

#19 The Verge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 146 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

Well, I've insured it's not my firewall blocking me, and I've run CCleaner on my registry and System, and still no change. Might need to re-install it, but I don't think that's the issue. Better get to work PGI, cuz' you have really shot this patch from the hip this time around.

oh, it's just the servers being patched, since they run on tape

View PostSyncline, on 08 January 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

They just posted on Facebook: servers going down for 30 mins to fix the matchmaker.

View PostAGTMADCAT, on 08 January 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

Likewise - thought it might be a problem with my mech build, but nope - other mechs are the same. Maybe the game host servers just aren't spooled up from the patch yet?

Edited by V3rg3r3, 08 January 2013 - 01:39 PM.

#20 barril2

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

unable to find a game to play

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users