v1.2.172

216 replies to this topic

#161 Chuff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 116 posts
  • LocationSurrey, UK

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

I have played since CB and I have never been subject to lag or low fps.

I played last night, first time since the patch and each game was distinctly laggy.

A noticable delay when firing weapons
shuddering frame rate
Unable to hit anybody

I am based in the UK, and have a recently built new gaming PC and a 30Mb fibroptic broadband connection

I am hoping this was a one off and will resolve itself

Edited by Chuff, 11 January 2013 - 12:23 AM.

#162 Arcturious

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 785 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

Just wanted to check if in the last 24 hours anyone else has been experiencing bad input lag?

I fire an AC10, PPC etc and sometimes have to wait 3-4 seconds before the shot occurs.

I have experienced this in nearly every single game so far since last night (IE around 24 hours ago).

My ping hasn't changed, I checked my net usage and it's practically a flatline so I'm fairly sure it's not on my end. I've asked in a few games and there have been at least one person each match who describes something similar. Perhaps a memory leak on server etc? Maybe something only experienced by those of us with 250+ pings?

Thought I'd canvas forums to see if it is isolated or not?

#163 l33tworks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

Thats not input lag thats the firing delay from the game beig server side. yea i get it badly too. happens on all guns btw when you fire your lasers are not actually hitting there until the same delay time is over

#164 Thysbe

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

Can confirm lasers after test, always did a workaround by pulling the trigger early.
Same behavior with missile launch, but feels worse (having to wait after missile lock).

#165 LennStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:08 AM

If you have it often, try it at another daytime.
I have that problem sometimes in the european evening. (together with bigger ms and rubber banding) Can happen at every datime, but 90% of this is evening. The rest I blame on my unpredictable WLAN which DCs connected computers once in a while and can can be quite slow if the sun doesn't shine. Either a I-visit-once-every-few-days guy with own and interfering WLAN or that crappy hardware from the company I'm with for a year at the same time it started. Guess what I think.

#166 Rippthrough

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

The past two days I'm also getting a lot of lag, rubberbanding, and skipping/teleporting mechs every a couple of seconds, even had quite a few disconnects from the login server last night.

UK based with 120Mb connection.

#167 Asha Catari

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

With recent patch I see a lot more rubberbanding than before. Apart from that I see no difference, meaning:

78 % of matches a player disconnects before dying
73 % of those disconnects are on my team
(yes, I am recording statistics every match)
I only very seldom have disconnects while in match. But sometimes I cannot enter the match, yet instead, I get a black screen until I kill MWOClient.exe(32) - notice: none of my mechs are in-game after restarting mwo.

Question: Does the team filler (cannot call it a match maker) fill team A completely first and only then fills team B afterwards? AAAAAAAABBBBBBBB
I am asking this question because to me it seems the laggy network connections are often concentrated on one team; and since I have a laggy network connection in Germany that would explain why so many more disconnects are on my team than on the opposing team.

Or does the team filler add Players like this:
A B A B A B A B A B ...

oh, forgot to mention: performance has not changed; still very random-jumpy-ish (7 - 70 fps in match, 150 ms ping average), 4 fps bug stil occurs often - sometimes even in first match after starting mwo

edit: after piloting my ecm raven for a while now it seems disconnects do not come from technical issues but from people deliberately disconnecting when their team is lacking ecm: had only 10 disconnects on my team in 112 matches with my ecm raven

Edited by Asha Catari, 13 January 2013 - 11:35 PM.

#168 Zartakras

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:44 AM

• How had the patch generally affected your performance?

I appear to have gained an average of 5 FPS. I hover around 50 now, during normal movement, with dips into the low 40s when multiple mechs are in field of view.
  • Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.

Performance dips when multiple mechs come into view or looking into the center of the map.
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?

Video settings are the same since last patch: all Very High with AA off, 1920 x 1080, vsync off, full screen, and motion blur off.
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)

FPS in the menus hasn't changed and is always at 60. In game, FPS fluctuates between 40-60, sometimes dipping into the 30s.
  • System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler])

Windows 8 64, 16 GB RAM, i7 3770k, GTX 680 2 GB, 128 GB SSD
  • Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location

19 Mbps, North America

#169 TalonOne

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

I got that since closed beta with no change since then. Somewhere between almost zero and full three seconds of firing delay on all ballistics and PPCs.

#170 Foster Bondroff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 279 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

• How had the patch generally affected your performance?
To me it seems if any i gained a few fps on top when nothing is going on and lost a few FPS on the lower ende when heavy action is taking place. But generally game feels less smooth than before, so more stutter etc.
  • Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.
Texture bugs are even more pronounced than before, about every second game either landscape, mech or now even effect textures are bugged. 4 FPS still present, no change to that post patch.
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
No changes between patches, except the shadow settings which is change forced by the patch. 1680x1050, AA off, Vsync off, Blur off, Object Detail (Very High), Effects & Shading (High), Shadows & Enviroment (Medium); Particles, Post Processing and Textures (Low).
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
Menu 60FPS (still the curios behavior, that this only works if i have another application (TS3) running parallel to MWO), Ingame 15-80fps.
  • System specs
Intel C2D E8400

4 GB RAM (3,18 in use due to WIN XP SP3 32 Bit OS)
ATI 5850 with 1 GB
  • Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location
Western Germany, 6 MBit/DSL

Edited by Foster Bondroff, 11 January 2013 - 12:46 PM.

#171 ImagineDwagons

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 81 posts
  • LocationKiev

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

the patch has made the game unplayable for a lot of players due to constant lag spikes and there is no roll back? how come?

#172 TheAquired

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

I had input lag yesterday, even when i clicked R or to zoom in my screen, there was a lot of input lag. Not sure what caused it, I restarted my client and it was fixed.

#173 Splitpin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationNoo Zeelund

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Yes I've had that at times too, exactly as described and it's not just 'firing delay'. Usually fixed by a client restart as stated by TheAquired above. I think it may be made worse or something to do with our relatively high ping as the NA friends I play with never seem to have the same issue.

#174 Waladil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

MUUUCH better FPS for me. Went from an unplayable 10-15 (combat) FPS on lowest settings to a very reasonable 20-30 (combat) FPS on moderate settings.

#175 Pablocampy

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

I too was having the issues your describe yesterday. They continued for about 3 or 4 matches and then went away.

#176 TheGreatNoNo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 448 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Always have had input delay with every single weapon save lasers...most of the time anyway. Got used to it on all the weapons save ACs for some reason, I fire then turn, and the shot looks to me as if i have side facing weapons.

#177 PsykoDragon

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

I posted earlier where my FPS was between 15-20 FPS after the patch and I may have found a workaround. Not sure if it will work for others, but I and another friend have increased our frame rates to around 40fps by simply turning off "motion blur." Keeping this on (even at low) and using medium settings will still produce very low frame rates for me (about 20) whereas before the latest patch, keeping motion blur on did not seem to hinder performance. If I turn this off and place my settings back to "High" I achieve 40-60fps. Just a thought. Can anyone else verify if this helps them?

Again, video card is nVidia GeForce 660 Ti 2GB.

#178 ohtochooseaname

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 440 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Sitting behind a stationary stalker (directly behind in a surprise gank, I fired 5 UAC5 shots straight into the rear CT with 2 4xSL shots...he registered only light damage on the FRONT

#179 LarkinOmega

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

Posted this in another thread:

It's almost as if they normalized the Ping for everyone in the match. I play with a mate in Australia, and we were observing shot animations that lined up directly with each other. His ping was 270-300, mine was 60-90. We had roughly the same shot lag as well.

Edited by LarkinOmega, 11 January 2013 - 10:57 PM.

#180 Kaishaku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

For the record the performance since last patch has dropped SIGNIFICANTLY Im dealing with much worse delay and mech teleporting around more often with the same setting and FPS. Now instead of the lights popping around the place its happening with the larger mechs too. Seriously how much did testing did Pirahna do, not to mention my delay has worsened if that was even possible. I understand that the game is still in Beta but the game has been in beta for a fair while and it seems to me EVERYTHING needs to be worked on or fixed. I would of thought the basics would be 90% done by now and its just balancing and content that needs to be added. Sadly not the case.

Not happy at all

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users