#181 ImagineDwagons

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 81 posts
  • LocationKiev

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

View PostWaladil, on 11 January 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

MUUUCH better FPS for me. Went from an unplayable 10-15 (combat) FPS on lowest settings to a very reasonable 20-30 (combat) FPS on moderate settings.

20-30 is still poor FPS, if you want good FPS get more modern PC.
I had before and I have now 40-60 FPS but the LATENCY... it is ****** up. I had smooth gameplay with 130 ping before last patch and now it is just awful. They ruined game's bloody net code.

#182 GetinmyBellah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, USA

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

View PostEvgenS, on 12 January 2013 - 12:32 AM, said:

20-30 is still poor FPS, if you want good FPS get more modern PC.
I had before and I have now 40-60 FPS but the LATENCY... it is ****** up. I had smooth gameplay with 130 ping before last patch and now it is just awful. They ruined game's bloody net code.

That's pretty harsh, EvgenS. The guy never complained and is simply stating his fps went from nearly unplayable on low settings, to playable under medium settings, and you top it off telling him to buy a new PC? The netcode has always had issues and this patch notably made changes that affect the majority in one way with the minority in another.

I for one, am glad to hear you're getting better fps, and to know the game is playable for you now, Waladil. This shows that the recent patch for CryEngine3, 3.2 I believe it is, is indeed allowing PGI to make bounds versus steps in the correct direction and we should start seeing vast improvements over the coming months (crosses fingers & knocks on wood).

<S> Mech Warriors

#183 Creepy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 134 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

<div>

How had the patch generally affected your performance?
</div>
<p><span style="font-family: HelveticaNeue-Light,">- No real difference</span></p>
<p> </p>
<div>

What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
</div>
<p><span style="font-family: HelveticaNeue-Light,">- No changes to the video settings. I leave them on default.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<div>

Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
</div>
<p><span style="font-family: HelveticaNeue-Light,">- Low end, approximately 24fps on the low to approximately 35fps on the high. Frame rate bug reports 4fps when it happens but staring at the ground brings the frame rate up again (which doesn't do much good because once you look up, the frame rate goes to hell again.)</span></p>
<p> </p>
<div>

System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler])
</div>
<p><span style="font-family: HelveticaNeue-Light,">Quad Core AMD 3.6 , 4GB RAM, 7850(?) ATI </span></p>
<p> </p>
<div>

Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location
</div>
<p><span style="font-family: HelveticaNeue-Light,">- DSL offered at minimum speeds because I'm on the edge of service (they don't want to wire up near the beach and I'm not really that close to it.) In California</span></p>

Edited by Creepy, 12 January 2013 - 03:17 AM.

#184 GetinmyBellah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, USA

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

View PostPsykoDragon, on 11 January 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

I posted earlier where my FPS was between 15-20 FPS after the patch and I may have found a workaround. Not sure if it will work for others, but I and another friend have increased our frame rates to around 40fps by simply turning off "motion blur." Keeping this on (even at low) and using medium settings will still produce very low frame rates for me (about 20) whereas before the latest patch, keeping motion blur on did not seem to hinder performance. If I turn this off and place my settings back to "High" I achieve 40-60fps. Just a thought. Can anyone else verify if this helps them?

Again, video card is nVidia GeForce 660 Ti 2GB.

I've always kept motion blur off for the very same reasons you mentioned. Even with a medium to high end system I would definitely recommend keeping motion blur off until the netcode|performance issues are dealt with.

#185 00TnT00

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Having two mayor problems in my experience overall:
A drop in the fps in the game: Curiously enough it seems that this drop in the fps only happens when i look at specific parts, and this just happens in some games. Seems that this bug appears more frecuently when i have played a bunch of games and if I reboot games it ends.
A connection problem when i enter the match, my screen goes black and i cannot play, but this happened in fewer games (almost none) that the problem above.
Also problems with textures with the mech, specially my atlas in the mechbay and counted times during games.
My systems specifications:
NVidia GTX460
AMD PHenom 6x 2.81Ghz 3.25 Gb Ram

#186 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 08 January 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

So far the average performance is better
Play Fullscreen at 1920x1200 very high - pre patch is was only high settings
Fps between 30-60 ingame avg around 40 and 60 fps in the mechlab
Specs:
win7 x64
ga 990xa ud3
fx 8350
8 gb ddr3 1600
ati hd 6950 2gb (cat 12.11 beta - application controled standard settings)
x-fi titanium

europ dsl 50000

Additions:
Playing Mechs that have topspeeds of 120kph to 150kph i must lower the settings from "very high" to "high" bcs i get heavy framestutter - at "high" its smooth again for those very fast Mechs.

I have way less problems with the "4FPS-Bug" (low FPS bug) and crashes/disconnects - i.e. one day i played around 20 matches in a row without noticeable performancedrop or any crash.

Edited by Thorqemada, 12 January 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#187 Kyrs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 176 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

Seems the enemy have 300 ping then to teleport on the screen instead of running around.

I got a ping a 30 and hitting units that has ping a 250 to 350 ping with ecm going 142kps is really silly to the extreme! Lag shooting I don't mind, since I played mw3 long time ago, but this teleporting on the damm screen !!!!

This is way to abusive when you have group of 4 raven and commando teleporting every where on the damm screen!! shooting ssrm !! not carering about exposing the self since there Friging teleporting!!! It make normal lag shoot seem like shooting fish in a barrel.

350 ping is just insane do we have ppl playing from the moon or the space-station ????
Make me fear the time I'll end up trying to kill a raven with 13 min ping because he's live on mars or something!

#188 Caboose30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 880 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

1.) This has been going on since the game went beta beyond the confines of North America. They don't have servers anywhere but Canada.
2.) We all have to deal with it, and hopefully they are addressing the obvious abuses being committed exactly as you describe.
3.) Chill out, it's a game.

#189 Cest7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

use the force luke

#190 Tolkien

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

Some folks from Australia can have pings in the 200-300 range legitimately, so you might have just run into a 4 man of Aussies.

Still, this wasn't such an extreme problem until ECM made them fearless of running in the open since guided missiles can't be relied on to cut their Lag shields anymore.

In the meantime if you want a mech build that doesn't care about the enemy lag shields try my Craven 3L: http://mwomercs.com/...ech-hands-down/

Edited by Tolkien, 13 January 2013 - 04:26 AM.

#191 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

There are issues beyond just the distance from the server when it comes to improving latency for players and the warping we experience. I imagine they have issues with their interpolation too.

#192 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:50 AM

I get that problem, and I live in the U.S.!

It's not the network delay, it's a server problem.

#193 Valore

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

Guy who lives next to PGI HQ with 31 Ping: Complains 300 ping players teleport around.

Players who have 300 ping: Everyone teleports around/rubberbands.

#194 Tolkien

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

View PostValore, on 13 January 2013 - 05:54 AM, said:

Guy who lives next to PGI HQ with 31 Ping: Complains 300 ping players teleport around.

Players who have 300 ping: Everyone teleports around/rubberbands.

In the last patch notes there was a note that got pulled shortly after release. It said that Lag shields were being partially addressed by making it so only your ping to the server and not the ping of your target would influence your aiming - this sounds a lot like they are considering turning off the movement prediction.

I do not know for sure, but if this is the case it sounds very similar to the 1999 level of the original Counter Strike, complete with the fixes and problems brought by this.

If this goes forward in this way, then it will be fixing the problem for people close to the servers but crippling the European and Australian players. Again I am not sure if this is what they are considering doing but if so it will be "too bad so sad" for Euroland and Australasia.

#195 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

Seen plenty of people with 250 ping move normally, it's the jerks running with torrents in the background or really bad connections that teleport.

#196 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

I have drops in heavy brawls, often to below 35 fps, the more mechs the bigger the drop, so in the beginning and end of a batlle fps is great, halfway it's terrible.

Posted Image

I also recorded the game at half frame and 1 fps, so doesnt really cost resources, fps loss is minimal. It's more of a slideshow than a real game, but I made the afterburner osd bigger so you can see fps, gpu use and the load of the 4 cpu cores.

at 0.40 I turn off the hud for a second, for some reason this gets you quite a bit of fps.
at the fight that starts at 3.30 fps gets pretty bad.

This is at the absolute lowest settings with a core i5-750 @ 4.2 Ghz (performs about the same as sandy bridge quads at stock). This game just bogs down enormously in fights and the only thing that seems to improve fps is more cpu speed. (notice the gpu load goes down as fps goes down)

settings only seem to have an effect on average fps and nearly no effect at all on minimum fps.

Edited by Flapdrol, 13 January 2013 - 01:32 PM.

#197 FARTING KIPPERS AHOY

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

I play on a low spec machine (AMD Athelon x4 640 3ghz w/crappy geforce 430) and my frame rate has massivly improved, thanks guys!!!

#198 Kaishaku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

How had the patch generally affected your performance

Nothing changed except against fast mechs. I cant even target them they just teleport everywhere.

Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes

When I run into fast mechs from either side

What are your video settings did you change them since last patch?

No I didnt at first then the lag issues got so bad with lights I changed them. That did not help it either. My settings were initially med-high but I knocked it down to min but nothing happened. Also changed screen resolution nothing there either.

Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous and latest patch

My frame is exactly the same as it was before patch. My FPS ingame goes between 35-60 depending on whats going on screen. In menu its a flat 60.

System specs

Intel2700K quadcore unclocked
NVIDIA GTX670
16GB of high speed corsair RAM
Game is installed on a <12 month old intel SSD

Your advertised internet connection speed

Telstra/Internode ADSL2+ (Australia)

P.S while your trying to fix these lag issues can you sort out that stereo bug its still there!

#199 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

Around 8am est today, we finished a match where everybody was reporting the game was freezing, and then thawing (playing), and freezing again. Sometimes it was only a few seconds, sometimes it was 10 or more, sometimes the period between freezes was only a second, sometimes much longer.

#200 Small Baguette

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 118 posts
  • LocationPreviously known as "Uljira"

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

I can confirm this. For myself I was still able to move but unable to fire, all other mechs were running on the spot until it would suddenly jump to you in a different location [usually where the freeze started] and carry on for a while.

There were also glitches such as missles spinning wildly around light mechs, from streaks just fired, along with machine gun sounds being looped. It did seem when there was a large amount of firepower at once that it would kick off then but that was just on my screen and it was affecting everyone at the same time so this may have nothing to do with it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users