#201 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:08 AM

View PostTheMagician, on 14 January 2013 - 05:03 AM, said:

Around 8am est today, we finished a match where everybody was reporting the game was freezing, and then thawing (playing), and freezing again. Sometimes it was only a few seconds, sometimes it was 10 or more, sometimes the period between freezes was only a second, sometimes much longer.

Yup been having it off and on all week. Mostly on Caustic.

#202 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

View PostSixStringSamurai, on 14 January 2013 - 05:08 AM, said:

Yup been having it off and on all week. Mostly on Caustic.

This was Frozen City. Can't remember if it was night or not.

#203 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:09 AM

View PostTheMagician, on 14 January 2013 - 05:31 AM, said:

This was Frozen City. Can't remember if it was night or not.

Funny you should say that because I just did a drop on Frozen and it did it just as I was going over the hill at the dropship.

#204 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

Ok yeah its happening to me on Frozen City the most. Every time it happens I open the score screen now and notice my ping has jumped up to 1700 exactly. Doesn't seem to matter where it is but mostly I notice it happening just below the cave exit around D4 and when I get close to the dropship from either side. On caustic I get it mostly coming from the refinery side around the 7 line side of the caldera. River City Night it happens to me if I walk from the lower city side from the cap point up the 3 line in between the pipes and tanks. That one actually crashed the game after a good 30 second freeze. It also does it around the bridge from the upper side spawn and if I walk past the drop ship to go around the back side of spawn to the lower city.

#205 Julian Tifflor

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

How had the patch generally affected your performance?

less fps than before...only a little amount but feels more slugish especially after playing a few matchs with no restart of the client

Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.

mostly after playing like 3-5 matchs it gets more sluggish and often some mech textures vanish and all are grey, next often the 4fps bug hits if i dont restart the client

What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?

lowest settings, everything disabled and i didnt change anything

Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)

sadly never checked before patch...but now its 10-20 ingame, first few matchs it seems to be fine and gets worse from match to match

System specs

amd 5200+ 2.7ghz dual core
6850 OC gigabyte with 1gb ram
3 gb ram
windows 7
normal hdd and no ssd

Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location

50mbit from germany

Edited by Julian Tifflor, 14 January 2013 - 08:57 AM.

#206 Herodes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 340 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

I get about 10-15 fps, less in the height of battle, making it difficult to play.

This is on low settings and smallest resolution I can find, which is also annoying as I can't see very far with that.

Specs:

Intel Core i3 530 @ 2.93 GHz (4 cores)
4 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5570 (1GB I think)
Win7 64 bit

VSync is off, as is motion blur.

Shouldn't the performance be much better on my system?

In the Options menue it says DirectX9, is not clickable, but I have DirectX11 installed says Windows ... ???

Any idea what to do? Thanx!

Edited by Herodes, 14 January 2013 - 11:49 AM.

#207 Turbo Corvair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationLake Ariel, PA

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

I have again suffered a reduction of frame rate from a patch that is supposed to improve it (yes I know, for MOST players it says!).

I had to drop my settings down to medium again.

I'm running Nvidia Surround at 6120 X 1200 resolution. System specs:

Nvidia 670 at 6120x1200
8 gig RAM
Core i5 2400 OC'd to 3.3

#208 Diabloknk

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Patch has increased my lag severely. Went from 30-40 to 200+.

#209 MARDUKXXIII

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

I have an Nvidia 570AR card, nearly new.
4GB ram
Game ran ~great~ until the most recent (jan 8?) patch, but now stammers relatively badly.

Not quite as bad as the 4fps bug, but getting there. :-(

I've downloaded most recent drivers with no improvement.
I've tried moving down to 'Medium' settings but problem became considerably worse. o_O

Every 4 or 5 games, I get very bad lag (1-2 fps), followed by black-screen for 10-20 seconds. Assuming I survive that (;-)), I get back into the game at the same poor fps.

I love the game... I just wish I could have pre-patch performance again. It's nearly unplayable now... and borderline un-enjoyable. :-/
I'm holding on with the hope that I'll get my game back soon. :-)

#210 Dukarriope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Locationa creative suite

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

Okay. Game is absolutely unplayable now.

I move forward three steps, I rubberband backwards two. I turn ten degrees, I turn back 8 degrees five seconds later. My ping is read as 268ms (which is average based on previous experience). It's absolutely impossible to do anything meaningfully.

#211 Excalabur50

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 123 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

Got some major lag issues still and a new strange one when I play my Centurion CN9-AL I get some weird movement happening I can be walking in a straight line and all of a sudden my legs twist off at a different tanjent and I have to correct it to kepp going where I want to. It doesn't seem to happen when Iam in my Stalker. Also the lag seems worse when playing any of my Centurions since the patch although the really fast mech lag the hardest.
System specs are
CPU 2700k.
Board Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3.
Ram 16 gig Corsair Vengeance.
Graphics Gigabyte GTX 670 OC.
OS Windows 8 Pro 64x.
ADSL 2+ @ 1.2 meg.

#212 Nikol Grall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationJackson, Tn

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

View PostLon3Wo1f, on 25 December 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

How many patches are we going to go through where this bug lives? How many people are going to get annoyed by it and stop playing? If this isn't the highest priority fix I don't know what it could be. I got it maybe twice in the past but from around three patches ago I'm getting it far more often so if anything it's getting worse and it's so frustrating.

I can either quit the match or play with FPS between 3 - 7 when looking in specific directions. With regards to that why is it only in specific directions too? If I look down the sides of maps I'm fine but if I look towards the middle or to where the other team spawned it hits me. Yes it's a ranty post but frankly I'm sick of this bug getting through patch after patch while it gets WORSE.

This is almost exactly the probem i have. I'll start matches at 50+ fps, and then when i look around drop to 4-8 fps. Makes the game unplayable. Due to this i log in and play a match or two a patch in the dim hope it had been corrected.

#213 Uglycoyote

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

Till early december everything was fine for me only a couple of fps bugs in arround 20th or more game i was in but then in december the patch desasters began... i stopped playing on january the 7th coz i was really pissed not only the fps bug was happening more frequently i have also the yellow screen bug and the blurry screen bug(cockpit unreadable and fonts unreadable blurry) till mid december i was able to play most of the time 98% but now im down to being able to play ONLY 1 game out of 5 games i connect to ... the yellow screen bug is happening most of the times ... reinstalled every major driver in my system updated everything else nothing seems to help .... people accusing me as quiter or afk ler is normal coz i have to quit 4 out of 5 games which is getting me pissed off even more coz not am i unable to play others telling me i would do it on purpose is just pure bs....

also noticed bugs happened a lot less in stalker then in other mechs how is that related ???

Edited by Uglycoyote, 15 January 2013 - 03:11 AM.

#214 Chuff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 116 posts
  • LocationSurrey, UK

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

Yep, definite drop in performance since the patch on 8/1/13.
I hoped it was just teething problems but it just runs rough now.

Prior to this patch I had encountered no problems with lag or framerate whatsoever, now I often have noticeable delay when firing, warping mechs, stuttering framerate.

Bit more info than last time: I have 30Mb/s fibre broadband, my ping is usually around 110

My machine is Intel i5 3570k overclocked to 4.4Ghz
8Gb 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance
Radeon HD7850 2Gb GPU
And running MWO off of my OCZ SSD

#215 TheIronMan

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

I have the same problems like Excalabur50, they make this game unplayable for me. Everything was fine before the last patch at 17.01.2013

#216 Krewjke

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUz

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

40 fps / when in a fight with a lot of mechs it drops to 19-25
my config intel core duo quad e6600 / 4gb of ram/ video card Radeon 6790
my location Uzbekistan my speed is 4mb/s i got 215 ping =/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users