Petition To Pgi To Build A Battletech Single Player Game

322 replies to this topic

Poll: Single Player Game (1180 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want a Full blown Mech Warrior Single Player Campaign?

1. Yes (957 votes [81.10%])

Percentage of vote: 81.10%

2. No (223 votes [18.90%])

Percentage of vote: 18.90%

Would you pay for a "kick start" founders program to get them started?

1. Yes (810 votes [68.64%])

Percentage of vote: 68.64%

2. No (370 votes [31.36%])

Percentage of vote: 31.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Tempered

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

First off. PGI does not own the license, microsoft does. The terms of PGI's use of the property may not include a single player option.

Second, they would never do a kickstarter because kickstarter takes a very large portion of the donations and PGI is all about the money.

Third, yes I would love to see a single player Mechwarrior done right. Some one give Zipper interactive a call. Maybe they would be interested in making it.

#22 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

I'd love a single-player tutorial, which explains how the game works and eases you into it a bit. Piloting, gunnery, basic tactics, and so on.

I also have nothing against a more fleshed-out single-player campaign, but I want them to finish this multi-player game we're playing now first.

#23 Wolf Ender

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSacramento, California

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

where is this can someone link it ?

#24 Beo Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 739 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationHalsey, NE

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

Actually I suggested a Solaris Death match scenario some time back. With the 4 major arenas available for a random drop into a Solaris match it would be awesome.

#25 Red squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

View PostStradivarious, on 27 December 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

Needs another choice, maybe after they finish this project first.

Of course there wont be anything before MWO goes life. (except in my dreams)

#26 Red squirrel

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

View PostTempered, on 27 December 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

First off. PGI does not own the license, microsoft does. The terms of PGI's use of the property may not include a single player option.

Second, they would never do a kickstarter because kickstarter takes a very large portion of the donations and PGI is all about the money.

Third, yes I would love to see a single player Mechwarrior done right. Some one give Zipper interactive a call. Maybe they would be interested in making it.

They bought the licence before deciding to do F2P so your concerns are probably unnecessary:
http://mwomercs.com/...-blog-0-reboot/

And yes kickstarter is just a synonyme for crowd funding - I guess they can pull it off in the MWO community.
The voting question actually states: Would you pay for a "kick start" ....

Edited by Red squirrel, 27 December 2012 - 04:01 PM.

#27 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

I would love a singleplayer campaign. Heck, I would be happy even with a singleplayer mode of random missions, using the maps the game already has.

Here is a thread I started with suggestions for new game modes for MWO.

#28 Alfred VonGunn

• 1,772 posts
  • LocationPhoenix,AZ

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

View PostRed squirrel, on 27 December 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

I just watched the 3025 trailer for PGIs original single player MW project.

Huh? WHat Trailer? You mean the MW5 one?

#29 Cest7

• Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

OP is missing the point... MWO is the kickstarter for a new BT SP game...

#30 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

View PostCest7, on 27 December 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

OP is missing the point... MWO is the kickstarter for a new BT SP game...

I could certainly dream about that.

#31 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

I don't want a singleplayer. I want a Co Op campaign or Co Op scenario based missions. Why would you want to play by yourself as opposed to a lance with 3 other real players?

Edited by Bluten, 27 December 2012 - 05:49 PM.

#32 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

You do realize the reason why there is a cool 3015 Battletech Trailer, for a SPG, and yet we never saw that SPG is because PGI tried for years to find a Publisher and none would bite?

Would I love one, ESPECIALLY one without Clans, Level 2 Tech, and even more important, no forums full of whiny casuals who either know nothing about the game, and want it made into CoD with Gundams (coughHawkencough), or the Latter Day MechWarrior fans who only know the Game through MW3 or 4, and want to have their Uziels and MadCats and stuff NOW, and damn the plans, timeline or anything else.

Also, one thing I love is that people seem to look at SPG titles and either accept them for what they are, or take their money elsewhere, instead of trying to force the game into something it never was. (I wonder how many people try to get Star Wars games to nerf lightsabers and Jedi, or Star Trek games wanting to get rid of transporters and dilithium crystals?)

BUT,

I also know they tried, and it never got traction.

Let's see if they can pull themselves far enough out from under IGPs thumb to finish this game, and maybe get it a proper Launch, to drum up the interest and support for a standalone SPG.

#33 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

And this title is already being cash cropped. MechWarrior just can't get a break again. I bet the next hero variant will be able to use ECM, unlike every other variant to its type.

Edited by Bluten, 27 December 2012 - 06:23 PM.

#34 Leprosyvirus

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUSA, VA

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

No I would not want PGI making it because they have shown incompetence in making this game by saving performance balance for last and I'd also want it on a completely different game engine than Crytek.

#35 Harrels Badgerton

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 61 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Indiana

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

In the back of my head I've always wondered if this whole thing was a cash generator to create an engine that could be used to make a match based team game, a full fledged MMO (Think community warfare, only on steroids) and then to finally (after polishing it and getting rich) turn that same engine to scripted scenes and battles in a single player setting. Maybe going in depth in a certain battle or campaign for a certain planet, going from loner that finds his lance to lance commander to lance in a company so on and so forth and then you're fighting for the planet and hey, you win! You are the greatest! But the *enemy faction name here* is still out there, so suit up!

But who knows, that could be years and years from now.

#36 PANZERBUNNY

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

They can't handle mechs falling down and you want them to start the epic journey of a single player game?

#37 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostBeo Vulf, on 27 December 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

Actually I suggested a Solaris Death match scenario some time back. With the 4 major arenas available for a random drop into a Solaris match it would be awesome.

It would be 5 major arenas, with Solaris factions centered around each of the 5 major Houses.

House Sectors
  • Black Hills
  • Cathay
  • Kobe
  • Montenegro
  • Silesia
Arenas

There are Class One through Class Five arenas scattered throughout Solaris VII, but the five Open Class (or Class Six) arenas, where the most important duels on Solaris are fought, are in Solaris City.

Boreal Reach
The Davion arena uses holographic technology, coupled with advanced environmental controls, to produce virtually any setting a person can conceive of. It takes its name from one of the more popular such settings, a polar glacier. The arctic environment provides challenging footing, while enabling MechWarriors the push their 'Mechs to the limit, thanks to the extreme cold.

The Factory
The Marik battlefield began its life as a shuttle manufacturing plant large enough to accommodate Industrial Mechs. The decrepit facility features multiple levels with elevators and ramps to move between them.

Ishiyama
The Kurita area is actually a series of tunnels dug into a man-made mountain. Stone Mountain provides a hide-and-seek style engagement. There is also electromagnetic interference from the materials that the mountain is made of, making any fight here unpredictable. The "mountain" was built in 3007 in Kobe District.[2]

The Jungle
This parcel of land was originally planned as a Buddhist monastery, but the Liao government decided to designate it as their official "arena." The battle area in this open tract is demarcated by a series of beacons. Extra beacons located inside the battlefield can be activated to shrink the area of the field down to a quarter of its full size.

Steiner Coliseum
The arena in Silesia was designed with a Romanesque facade. The battlefield of the arena is largely featureless, utilizing walls that can be raised or lowered to provide variety.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 27 December 2012 - 07:35 PM.

#38 Red squirrel

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

I say first the game needs to be finished. I am also not happy with some desicions so far, but then I also hope that the game is still evolving in the right direction.

Then we need a decent AI. And if PGI/IGP is unable to create a serious story driven single player campaign I hope at least to see some community created stuff.

#39 Wizard Steve

• 1,053 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

Progress on the multiplayer game has been slow enough. I have no desire for PGI to be diverted from that to a single player campaign.

#40 maxmarechal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 551 posts
  • Locationnext to you...Bro...

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

I'd rather see them introduce CW...then they can add some campaigns with single mech dropload if you wish!!!!
problem would be easy to solve thus.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users