Petition To Pgi To Build A Battletech Single Player Game

322 replies to this topic

Poll: Single Player Game (1180 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want a Full blown Mech Warrior Single Player Campaign?

1. Yes (957 votes [81.10%])

Percentage of vote: 81.10%

2. No (223 votes [18.90%])

Percentage of vote: 18.90%

Would you pay for a "kick start" founders program to get them started?

1. Yes (810 votes [68.64%])

Percentage of vote: 68.64%

2. No (370 votes [31.36%])

Percentage of vote: 31.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#281 CT Tarantula NL

• PipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSoest, The Netherlands

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:21 AM

Hi all,

im actually waitin for just that, SP game, not only to test new weapon loadouts, but i miss MW 4 Veng & mercs ( Both still installed on my current pc) much, loved the cheesy story , ok comparing to MWO, the graphics are really low, but its better then MW 1 which cant run on my current pc :( and yup up from the first RPG of BT ibeen playing em ( yeah im ol, so what ;) )

Theres a new rookie in town by thename of Spectre

Cheers

#282 Khan Matthew Osis

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:30 AM

Having a Mechwarrior 1-4 style multiplayer would sweeten the deal.

#283 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:43 PM

You can add my vote, having the single-player campaigns in the MW4 games (I was too young for MW 1-3) added a LOT to the experience & joy of the game.

Thinking of those games with MW:O style graphics & physics and everything, makes my inner geek drool.

#284 Jaeger Gonzo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:25 PM

I prefer proper melee implementation then SP that would be nuff after just few hours of playing.

#285 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:06 AM

Yes/No

Single player would be great, I have already given this company slightly more than what a retail game costs ($50-60). I do not feel inclined to pay more. I've hit my limit.

#286 Dagadegatto

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 95 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:11 AM

Yes please.

#287 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:06 AM

I'd love to see a single-player campaign or campaigns.

It would be much better than this neverending series of deathmatches or repetetive attack/defend missions on two planets with occassional zerg rush.

#288 Trashhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:56 PM

+1, do want.
Would be nice to have coop-modes for such a game, too. ;)

#289 Ulfgar Snorrison

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 62 posts
  • LocationStanding stoically at the longship's prow.

Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:11 PM

The other day I met a man who heard a tale from another. The kind of tale that is only heard in taverns when the night grows late and much mead has flowed. A tale told in whispers and rumors of whispers. A tale that out here somewhere among the stars there is warrior who pilots a mech made of....GOLD! Aye, gold. Now I'm an old graybearded warrior who none would follow, but I would follow one brave enough to take a longsh....I mean dropship and go and seek this Golden mech. And if we find it then we would know the tale was true. And perhaps we could gift this Golden mech's pilot with something he truly needs...you know like maybe...a robbery! Aye, now wouldn't this be a fine adventure worthy of warriors such as we?

Edited by Ulfgar Snorrison, 29 December 2014 - 01:12 PM.

#290 Calamus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 383 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:43 AM

I didn't vote because I don't want PGI to build it. They're too small a company, and I don't believe that they have the manpower to be able to create a single player game, and keep developing MWO. And MWO still needs a LOT of development.

#291 DarkExar

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • 77 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:45 PM

View PostCalamus, on 01 January 2015 - 09:43 AM, said:

I didn't vote because I don't want PGI to build it. They're too small a company, and I don't believe that they have the manpower to be able to create a single player game, and keep developing MWO. And MWO still needs a LOT of development.

Indeed, its like 35% done of full MMO game to me. And if they spread resources to do singleplayer? Meh...
Let ppl go play MW 1, 2, 3, 4, add-ons, Mech Comm, etc - there is really a ton of stuff to do for single player, one just needs to dig out the discs from the basement!

#292 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:48 PM

Yes please! I'd pay in to get em going too!

#293 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:32 AM

I seem to have voted on this but can't find my comment, if I every said one so..

Yes I would love a one player PvE game in this franchise, and as PGI seem to be the only people able to get one working and in the public domain other than word of mouth, I guess they should do it.

No I would not help crowd fund it I won't help crowd fund any piece of software now, the answer to why I won't is.

I bought into MWO, on a sales pitch, and other than it has fighting in it, and Mechs, it has little in comon with what the glossy magazine said it would be.

And I crowd funded Mechwarrior tactics and well that white elephant was sick from the day closed beta started.

Edited by Cathy, 01 March 2015 - 09:32 AM.

#294 DarkExar

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • 77 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:31 PM

http://www.homeworldremastered.com/

Remaster all MW games on MWO engine.

edit: crap removed

Edited by DarkExar, 08 March 2015 - 01:44 AM.

#295 destroika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:37 PM

MWO is a mess and will take a long time to get straight. The last thing they need is to have their focus divided, unless they are researching for solutions to their current problems. Maybe later, muuuuch later would be a better time to run off and make another game.

#296 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:49 AM

Obviously this wouldn't be something for the short term. But a single player campaign could make a lot of money, especially if you could use your mechs from the current game.

#297 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:48 AM

While I'd like to see a new single player MW campaign game or even a coop version vs ai - PGI simply isn't a company capable of that in my opinion.

They'd be far better off taking all those things we want from a campaign mode and actually implementing them into what we have now because we have the groundwork laid out and its still IS vs Clan or vs other IS or merc vs whatever they want to fight. Same game just far more interesting because there are real players on both sides of each engagement.

#298 Fat Jack Murphy

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 91 posts
  • LocationEuropa

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:11 PM

as much as i would love to see single player mode campaign, i would rather see them put more work in existing multiplayer mode FIRST.
otherwise it is diverting resources, which we would need for basic game.

as for everything else: yup. willing to put cash where mouth is, once CW and stuff works better and we got more maps n stuff.

#299 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:50 AM

If they were to take this on, I think they'd need a new producer that's not as terribad as IGP was. They have the rights until 2020, I'd prefer not to wait that long. A producer would be necessary just to contemplate doing a full single player game. An add-on would be easier.

#300 Shae Starfyre

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationThe Fringe

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:56 AM

I voted no for the single player, but yes for the kick starter, but I prefer that the kick starter be for assets and map making and player run content instead.

So, instead of a single player game, players could make mission style adventure packs (not sure how else to discribe) that with premium time a player could play it.

These "adventure" packs would be another game mode, require premium time to access and play and could provide a rapair/rearm/salvage rule set instead for rewards.

This would also provide the ability for community created maps that could be voted on/play tested by a focus group run by the players and introduced into CW/Premium only matches.

The reason that it should all be fostered around those with premium time is that it gives PGI the excuse to wash their hands from it if the 'adventure' is bad and provides them income from the venture.

The map/adventure making asset program would be controlled by hard stop gaps by PGI for resources, economy, and such, that no adventure or map could/would consume more resources than would be allowed or provide inflated cbill and/or salvage beyond normal means of earnings.

Let players build the universe; let PGI manage the assets, the ecomony, rules, and the servers; stick to making mechs, and balancing game play and catering to (us) pugs.

That's my take on this.

Edited by Aphoticus, 12 May 2015 - 07:58 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users