Another Ecm Poll

3 replies to this topic

Poll: Another ECM Poll (22 member(s) have cast votes)

What should be done with ECM

1. Nothing! Leave it the way it is. (3 votes [13.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

2. Split it into three different systems (see post). (10 votes [45.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

3. Make it as big and heavy as all three combined (see post). (3 votes [13.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

4. Remove it entirely. (4 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

5. Other (post idea). (2 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:24 AM

Just my thoughts piggy-backing off another thread. Currently ECM in MWO does the job of 3 pieces of equipment.

Guardian ECM
Angel ECM
Null Signature

In MWO ECM takes up 2 crit slots and weighs 1.5 tons. This matches the description on Sarna. I couldn't find weight and crits on Sarna for the other two so for the purposes of my poll, I will make them all equal.

So, my thoughts are they should either split the functionality of current ECM into the three separate components, each weighing 1.5 tons and taking up two crits -OR- make the current ECM weigh 4.5 tons and take up 6 crits.

Please vote in the poll, thanks!.

#2 dunkov

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

Scouting is completely null for non-ecm mechs. Intelligence gathering is certainly harder to accomplish for a scout. I enjoy the game less now then in CB specifically because of ECM. I feel that it allows for sloppy play-styles and bad piloting to go unchecked.

Edited by romeoecho, 03 February 2013 - 07:35 AM.

#3 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:36 AM

This isn't tabletop. ECM is currently overbearing, yes, but the basic job of Guardian ECM and null sig is already more than half-done for us by the fact that in MWO our sensors are teh sukk. We have bad sensors and built-in, weightless C3 - the traditional EW systems aren't going to cut it for MWO. Piranha's working on ECM; let's give them a little bit, see if they tell us what their plans for it are, and then worry about whether to keep biting their heads off over it, eh?

#4 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

View Post1453 R, on 03 February 2013 - 07:36 AM, said:

This isn't tabletop. ECM is currently overbearing, yes, but the basic job of Guardian ECM and null sig is already more than half-done for us by the fact that in MWO our sensors are teh sukk. We have bad sensors and built-in, weightless C3 - the traditional EW systems aren't going to cut it for MWO. Piranha's working on ECM; let's give them a little bit, see if they tell us what their plans for it are, and then worry about whether to keep biting their heads off over it, eh?

We know this isn't tabletop, however, it grew from that the PGI used it as the basis for everything. Everyone in the "not TT" crowd is just cutting off their noses to spite their faces. No sh*t this isn't TT, but if you look, a LOT of things match up. Weight, crits, etc. You cannot just dismiss TT out of hand. It's like saying the monument would be just fine without the foundation. Is the foundation the monument? No. Is TT MWO? No. Would we have MWO without TT? No.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users