Problem With Buying Mc

33 replies to this topic

#1 Stingz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

MWO seems to be turning down my purchase of MC though an American Express card. Any reasons as to why, since the page isn't showing any information.Used the same card on Steam with no issues.

I check the transaction history and there's x3 $1 by paypal, likely from here.

HiRez seems to have more information about this than PGI: http://hi-rez.custhe...ore-payment-faq

Edited by Stingz, 30 December 2012 - 07:24 PM.

#2 Rylyn

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

I cant buy MC cash either. When I enter my credit card info, it doesn't advance to the next screen where you enter billing address and such....

#3 optimusshr

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationPeabody MA

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

Been getting this problem too. The site won't accept my credit card or instant transfer from my checking account via paypal.

#4 BR0WN_H0RN3T

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 701 posts
  • LocationElysium

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Don't worry. PGI will get onto these issues a lot quicker than they will ECM balance. I predict a 24hr solution.

#5 Apoc1138

• 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

email support@mwomercs.com

their 3rd party payment system uses a rubbish location checker based on IP address and it ends up rejecting a lot of first attempts or repeated attempts if you've changed location since you last bought, or your location doesn't match what they think it should be for the card you are using

if you email support they can whitelist your account to bypass the location checker

don't bother emailing playspan or ultimatepay, they are rubbish and will just fob you off with a stock "not our problem must be you" email

Edited by Apoc1138, 07 January 2013 - 04:01 AM.

#6 Dreamslave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • LocationUpstate New York

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Yea this is ridiculous. I try to give PGI my money but they use some hilariously inefficient third party purchase service? Thanks for charging my account three separate times for $14.95 and not even give me my MC when I only tried to purchase it once. Not only that, but I kept receiving a "card declined" message, so I shouldn't have even been charged. Phoned my bank, they said everything was fine on their end and that they will absolutely dispute the charges for me. It's things like this that make me wary of trying to support this game.

#7 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

I just use PayPal. Haven't had any issues using that.

#8 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

American Express is listed in the icons, but UltimatePay does not support AmEx (see their website).
I made a PayPal account recently and will try with that.

#9 Apoc1138

• 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

View PostReno Blade, on 14 January 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

American Express is listed in the icons, but UltimatePay does not support AmEx (see their website).
I made a PayPal account recently and will try with that.

you can also use paypal express checkout without creating an account, and that also accepts AmEx, which is probably why the icon is listed

#10 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

Maybe you shouldn't be using stolen cards.

#11 SUMMER KARMA

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Can't use PayPal to buy MC. I used to do it once at 16 Jan, but after that up to now it just shows in transaction history of my paypal acc. that it was declined to authorize to playspan.com to pay them money.

#12 spoony4

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

Anyone have any idea when this will be fixed. It's getting a bit annoying.

#13 SixPrime

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

Having the same issue.

It was quite frustrating for me to not be able to fast grind mechs by buying them during this double XP weekend.

I don't know if Piranha Games realize they're losing a LOT of money.

#14 Frans83

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 55 posts
  • LocationThe darkest corners of your dreams

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

You guys seem to get further than I do. At least you can put in your card info. After I choose the amount I want that stupid little window comes up, and consistantly fails to load. Its trying to say my internet isn't connected, which obviously is NOT the case.

#15 Hayter

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

i just tried to buy MC and it was not added to my account but they charged my card already. So far im already not liking this and probably wont make another purchase with them. I may just call my bank to dispute the charge.

#16 Sacred Silver

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Hmm, just bought MC over Paypal and it's refusing to acknowledge that i've bought them despite completing everything? Hope there's a quick fix.

#17 Faldrin

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Yeah same with me just brought 25000 MC with paypal they have took the money but not got the MC.

#18 Jordan Youngblood

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Add me to the list of those who cannot purchase MC. I tried to purchase some the past 2 days using 1) Paypal Account 2) Paypal Express Checkout...using my same card but without logging in 3) Mastercard

With the Paypal checkouts, the payment is immediately listed as rejected by the seller. With my Mastercard the transaction processes and there is a hold shown on my card account, but then it is reversed after a few hours.

Very annoying.

#19 Apoc1138

• 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

email support@mwomercs.com

all payments are handled by playspan who have this location based fraud detection thing in place - if you've ever used your credit card or paypal account from more than one location it calls hackz on you and declines the payment

if you email support they will white list your account to bypass the location check

#20 Myth

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

You know, Funny thing is i succesfully bought from playspan for the MWTactics closed beta founders a week ago.

Yet it is still not working even if i was whitelisted over a week ago for both games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users