24 replies to this topic

#1 Ashnod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

Hi all I've been wanting to make some HAG config's of mech's but have been finding it hard to find any suitable arms.. been mainly thinking of converting the blood asp night gyr and daishi to there respectable variants with them, any help would be greatly appreciated - so far I've considered using galahad(glass spider) arms for the Dire wolf D.

#2 Slade Deleportas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

The Reseen Rifleman RFL-8D (20-209) arms would work pretty well IMO.

#3 Lagfest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIn a Mech

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Damn thats one sexy mech.
Posted Image

Might be able to use the Right arm off a BLADE

Edited by Lagfest, 04 January 2013 - 07:26 PM.

#4 Slade Deleportas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Lag, that's the wrong one, that's the XTRO one, with 8 weird lasers, 4 in each arm.

This is the one I was talking about: Posted Image
Or, for the actual mini:Posted Image

I have a Hammerhands modded with these arms, and I made the Cauldron Born HAG variant too. :)

Edited by Slade Deleportas, 04 January 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#5 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostSlade Deleportas, on 04 January 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

Lag, that's the wrong one, that's the XTRO one, with 8 weird lasers, 4 in each arm.

This is the one I was talking about: Posted Image
Or, for the actual mini:Posted Image

I have a Hammerhands modded with these arms, and I made the Cauldron Born HAG variant too. :)

Problem with using those arms is that the HAG isn't a Gatling style weapon but looks more like a gauss, if you check the marauder 2c 7's art which is using a gauss and a hag 30 the differences in the weapon is minimal

Posted Image

#6 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

It's right arm is the HAG btw in that marauder picture

#7 Slade Deleportas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Possibly inspired by reports of the Lyrans’ heavy Gauss, the Horses’
weapon is especially effective against vehicles, battle armor and aircraft—
but it avoids the design flaws of Defiance Industries’ creation
in firing multiple projectiles of far lighter caliber though a battery of
capacitors, making up for the lack of punch with an extremely high
rate of fire—sort of a “rotary Gauss” concept. Varying the amount of
capacitors to increase potential damage, the Horses have developed
three distinct “HAG” models (now there’s an unfortunate acronym!)
that operate on the same principles, with each larger model off ering
an increase in heat and mass for a corresponding increase in sheer
volume of fi re. –EB]

Pulled from Page 219 of Techmanual. The underlined part is where I envision it as looking like a multibarreled monstrosity. :) Guess to each their own, which is one reason I love CBT.

Yet reading through it again, I do see where you, and the artist for that Marauder, are envisioning it from, mine just looks cooler LOL

Edited by Slade Deleportas, 04 January 2013 - 08:50 PM.

#8 Lagfest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIn a Mech

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

The one I linked was sposta be

RFL-X3 Rifleman MUSE WIND - The Rifleman MUSE WIND was an experiment to combine Clan and Inner Sphere equipment in a production 'Mech. An Inner Sphere produced chassis, XL Engine, XL Gyro, double heat sinks, and Jump Jets form the core of the 'Mech. The Ferro-Fibrous armor that maximizes protection comes from the Clans, as does the weaponry: Each arm mounts aHAG/20 and the torso-mounted medium lasers are Clan Medium Pulse Lasers. The HAG ammo is protected by an Inner Sphere CASE system. BV (2.0) = 2,01231]

Either way, Its still bad ***
Or try the Silver Bullet Guass

Edited by Lagfest, 04 January 2013 - 10:24 PM.

#9 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

View PostSlade Deleportas, on 04 January 2013 - 08:48 PM, said:

Possibly inspired by reports of the Lyrans’ heavy Gauss, the Horses’
weapon is especially effective against vehicles, battle armor and aircraft—
but it avoids the design flaws of Defiance Industries’ creation
in firing multiple projectiles of far lighter caliber though a battery of
capacitors, making up for the lack of punch with an extremely high
rate of fire—sort of a “rotary Gauss” concept. Varying the amount of
capacitors to increase potential damage, the Horses have developed
three distinct “HAG” models (now there’s an unfortunate acronym!)
that operate on the same principles, with each larger model off ering
an increase in heat and mass for a corresponding increase in sheer
volume of fi re. –EB]

Pulled from Page 219 of Techmanual. The underlined part is where I envision it as looking like a multibarreled monstrosity. :) Guess to each their own, which is one reason I love CBT.

Yet reading through it again, I do see where you, and the artist for that Marauder, are envisioning it from, mine just looks cooler LOL

the pariah also has a single barrel for the hag :/... i always envisioned it just firing a hail of slugs at once, or perhaps a lot of tiny barrels inside of the large one, I do believe though that it doesn't spin how the rifleman's design looks like it would do

Edited by Ashnod, 04 January 2013 - 10:51 PM.

#10 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

View PostLagfest, on 04 January 2013 - 10:21 PM, said:

The one I linked was sposta be

RFL-X3 Rifleman MUSE WIND - The Rifleman MUSE WIND was an experiment to combine Clan and Inner Sphere equipment in a production 'Mech. An Inner Sphere produced chassis, XL Engine, XL Gyro, double heat sinks, and Jump Jets form the core of the 'Mech. The Ferro-Fibrous armor that maximizes protection comes from the Clans, as does the weaponry: Each arm mounts aHAG/20 and the torso-mounted medium lasers are Clan Medium Pulse Lasers. The HAG ammo is protected by an Inner Sphere CASE system. BV (2.0) = 2,01231]

Either way, Its still bad ***
Or try the Silver Bullet Guass

interesting

#11 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

Ok.. here's another one, trying to figure out how to put together a blood asp F config, my plan is to order the blood asp A, mutilate the bottom laser off one arm and add 2 lasers underneath the PPC barrel, and than to put 2 thor ATM 12 pods onto each shoulder to represent the double streak 6's... not sure if it would look right though

#12 Melcyna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 674 posts
  • LocationYuri Paradise

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

View PostAshnod, on 04 January 2013 - 10:47 PM, said:

the pariah also has a single barrel for the hag :/... i always envisioned it just firing a hail of slugs at once, or perhaps a lot of tiny barrels inside of the large one, I do believe though that it doesn't spin how the rifleman's design looks like it would do

Tiny barrels inside a large one? you mean like a volley gun?

From the explanation they give for it however it can go either way, a gatling based assembly or a volley gun since their explanation only stated that they fired a multitude of small gauss slugs, ie: a linked series of light gauss rifle effectively.

and it didn't exactly mention how it's fired (be it in chain or simultaneous group), but we can only presume that it is fired in a similar manner to volley gun based on the damage allocation description.

Logically based on the description of the weapon itself however (an array of smaller light gauss rifle) BOTH the volley gun style and the gatling style is nonsensical or inefficient and long story short, with a gauss weapon it doesn't make sense for the idea of multiple tiny barrels all of them sporting acceleration coils around them (which gauss weapon needs) within close proximity with each other for a lot of reasons [for starter, they can't fire at once without each barrel being magnetically shielded from each other]

Not that BT ever made much sense from physics stand point of view (since they r just soft sci fi material after all)...

But it does mean that since we can't exactly tell which design made any more sense than the other (both of them are nonsensical) then all we can do is just accept the design they put for it at face value and accept that.

#13 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Like a volley gun melcyna, and it seems like it fires 5 rounds per barrel if you look at the muse riflemans 4 barrel hag 20's, and would also line up with how it deals damage in clusters of 5 in TT

#14 Melcyna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 674 posts
  • LocationYuri Paradise

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

View PostAshnod, on 05 January 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

Like a volley gun melcyna, and it seems like it fires 5 rounds per barrel if you look at the muse riflemans 4 barrel hag 20's, and would also line up with how it deals damage in clusters of 5 in TT

Yes, hence why i said we presume so based on it's damage allocation description.

Thing is, the design really did not actually mention that with the general description and conceptually the idea is really hilarious from engineering point of view for a weapon and one has to wonder why this made sense to them and the silver bullet gauss don't since they are a gauss weapon/coil gun.

#15 Ranger207

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LocationI iz in ur matchez, killing ur battlemechz

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

Look at the Onager. It's got a HAG 30 and has three barrels. Here is the mini.

Edited by Ranger207, 09 January 2013 - 05:53 AM.

#16 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostMelcyna, on 05 January 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

Yes, hence why i said we presume so based on it's damage allocation description.

Thing is, the design really did not actually mention that with the general description and conceptually the idea is really hilarious from engineering point of view for a weapon and one has to wonder why this made sense to them and the silver bullet gauss don't since they are a gauss weapon/coil gun.

From the description, I had thought of the HAG system as a non-rotary multi-barrel assembly, like a coilgun version of the MetalStorm weapon system (additional examples here and here).
HAG-20 = 20 barrels
HAG-30 = 30 barrels
HAG-40 = 40 barrels

By contrast, the Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle would be a single-barrel, smoothbore, shotshell-firing relative of the Gauss Rifle... :(

Edited by Strum Wealh, 09 January 2013 - 03:44 PM.

#17 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

View PostGillopi, on 09 January 2013 - 09:42 AM, said:

look at his stats he's one of the alt f4 guys lol

If someone has good stats that must mean he alt f4's... Probably the reason why my kdr went back under 11 recently right?

View PostRanger207, on 09 January 2013 - 05:52 AM, said:

Look at the Onager. It's got a HAG 30 and has three barrels. Here is the mini.

thanks!

View PostStrum Wealh, on 09 January 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

From the description, I had thought of the HAG system as a non-rotary multi-barrel assembly, like a coilgun version of the MetalStorm weapon system (additional examples here and here).
HAG-20 = 20 barrels
HAG-30 = 30 barrels
HAG-40 = 40 barrels

By contrast, the Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle would be a single-barrel, smoothbore, shotshell-firing relative of the Gauss Rifle... ;)

Was basically what I was thinking it was like

#18 Melcyna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 674 posts
  • LocationYuri Paradise

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

Metal Storm IS a volley gun yes... (electrically primed volley gun to be exact)

but that's just the thing, volley gun and coil gun don't make sense with each other

coil gun by virtue of it's propulsion mechanism have to be magnetically shielded from external magnetic field... (unless you fancy having your projectile blast your own gun barrel).

in a volley gun assembly, that literally means they have to be magnetically shielded from each other, which makes them grossly inefficient compared to just a single coil gun barrel propelling a larger mass projectile.

this can be avoided of course if they just fire it one barrel at a time, but then that kinda voids the whole point of volley gun. Or alternatively by NOT using coil gun propulsion mechanism and regular pressure propulsion mechanism instead (be it gunpowder or otherwise).

of course in the real world automatic weapon in general are much more practical and efficient overall (hence why metal storm generated very few interest overall, volley gun is generally not that useful with modern automatic weapons having very high very rate already for a fraction of the weight.

but that aside, the concept actually made more sense in a multi barrel sequential firing rather than volley gun salvo as far as gauss weapons are concerned.

Edited by Melcyna, 13 January 2013 - 12:19 AM.

#19 KalebFenoir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 222 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

What ARE the requirements, ranges and damages for the HAG series? I tried looking on Sarna, but they just have a description of the weapon, none of the damage table-stuff. It's kinda hard to adapt into 'newer' tech when I can't find it anywhere.

#20 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostKalebFenoir, on 15 January 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

What ARE the requirements, ranges and damages for the HAG series? I tried looking on Sarna, but they just have a description of the weapon, none of the damage table-stuff. It's kinda hard to adapt into 'newer' tech when I can't find it anywhere.

That info is on the page for each weapon in the series (HAG-20, HAG-30, and HAG-40), as well as on the Weapons and Equipment Lists (within the Clan ballistic weapons section).

It's also described in TechManual, on pages 219 (background/fluff, and construction rules) and 343 (weapons' specifications/statistics).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users