Ask The Devs 4!

153 replies to this topic

#41 NinjaCool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 241 posts
  • LocationDenmark (happiest people on earth!)

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:44 PM

For European and players outside North America who joins the Closed Beta, will they get the choice to move their account and all its info to regional servers when they are up? (was done in WOT when they opened their EU server). This is especially important to know for people who wants to buy the Founder's Package but know they will switch to another server like EU.

#42 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:45 PM

I know that right now as Closed Beta begins to roll, and then into Open Beta and eventual full on Launch our faction choices are either: Houses, Merc Corps or Lone Wolf. With the Clan invasion imminent, is it correct to assume that the Clans will become a playable faction once the invasion begins? And, if this is the case, how will things be handled for players who wish to convert to a Clan like say: Jade Falcon or Wolf?

#43 Tyrant

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:08 AM

1. On what criteria dose the matchmaker group player for a match?
ELO, chassis class, total team tonnage, etc, etc?

2. Will there be any restrictions to move an already created account to another regional server?
No restrictions, time based restrictions, pay to transfer?

#44 Azantia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:33 AM

With the recent clarification on x2 armor and internals being in the game, I think the community is anxious to get a general idea of how fast the "average" weapon in-game recycles? Would it be possible to get a list from the devs of the "quickest" recycle time, and the "slowest" recycle time? Thanks - Az

#45 Semyon Drakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 260 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:36 AM

View PostMcGruff, on 23 May 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

Will my mech cool down faster when standing/walking through a river or when it is raining or snowing?

Might have been discussed already but I did not find the topic.

Cheers
McGruff

I'll save the Devs time, yes it will. Environmental effects are being implemented so walking in a river will cool you faster.

Semyon

#46 Sleipnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:43 AM

I have concerns about the different regions. I'm from the EU (scotland to be precise) and my former MW4 unit is based in the US. What problems am I going to face in playing with them? Most importantly, am I going to need to different accounts to play with them and with my friends here in Scotland (such as in LoL for example). If so, are you planning on doing anything to remedy this, as one of the big things that appeals to me about the MW universe is that it was always global, you didn't know who you were against or where they came from.

#47 Obikirk

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:12 AM

Is an EU server a certainty, or just something you'd like to do if the circumstances are right?

What is the most likely time scale on an EU server?

If I buy stuff in the NA server (i.e. the founders package) will it be transferable at the time of an EU server being created?

Which are the four mechs that we will be able to pick from at launch?

How many games roughly do you think it will take to get enough C-bills to buy a new mech?

Will there be a "first win of the day" bonus a la LOL

BONUS QUESTION: What brand of toothpaste do you use?

#48 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:00 AM

What are the differences between factions? How are you going to decide which mechs are going to be discounted for someone and full price for others? Are there only two prices or are the discounts varied?

Thank you fo your time and answers.

P.S. Make sure Aegis knows he won't get Mad Cat in the beta. :o

#49 autogyro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:11 AM

Say I've just downloaded the game and installed it.

Can you describe the process it takes from starting up the game to entering my first match?

#50 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:14 AM

Region Selection as it was not answered properly the first time :o

1: Can we switch regions once the account has been made?
I have made my account on the EU server, can I play with the same account on the US server?

2: Is my account name unique to the region server or to the whole world?
I trully hope our account names are not based on region server.

3: What are the rules for switching regions?
At will transfer, no restrictions? Once every 24 hours? Pay to transfer?

4: Has consideration been given to having 1 World wide metagame (Chromehounds style)
Chromehounds had a single world metagame, but the battles were fought on shards/regional servers
This can be accomplished by having 1 metagame, and allowing players to set preference in order of where they wish to play in the options menu eg: 1) Europe 2)USA 3) Asia
The matcher maker system will take this into account when forming matches and will match you to your preferred server first and formost, if there are no matches on your preferred server it will look at the next option in this case the USA.
This allows players the freedom to choose who they play with (some multi country units have been together over decades) whilst allowing those that want lower pings and smoother gameplay to have their way also.

#51 Cifu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 348 posts
  • LocationHungary, EU

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:58 AM

1.: Can you hint any information about the region servers schedule? They start paralel to the NA server (ie.: July 19., or July 17. for founders)?

2.: Any plan about to separate the forums to region-wide? Or remain as it is currently (just get new subforums of the regions)?

3.: You are stated the game Match making system only watch to put 12 Mech's against an other 12 Mech's. There is a plan to separate the sides by factions/houses? Or we can seen mixed teams, whatever house the serve, and the factions/houses only means cosmetic levels?

4.: Can we know how many maps in the game at the start of the beta, and how many planned to the release?

5.: Yea, i know, it's a dead horse... but please can you make a clear statement about the Unseen mechs? Abandoned the idea to put them into the game at all, or working on the legal issues, or just iced in near term?

6.: The NA and the other region server update are planned paralel, or diversed time? There be region-specific "elite mech's" (premium mech's), and events, or try to keep all of this paralel?

Edited by Cifu, 24 May 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#52 Noble

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:10 AM

Will other factions be playable? Say...Comstar? Pirates and all other periphery types? and would you able able to change factions/houses once you've selected one from the start?

#53 Bolo Warden

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 168 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:48 AM

When a mech chasis is obtained, will there be a list of stock variants available to help the newer players to MWO set up their mech?

After release, will there be a test server that is easily accessable from the main server lists for testing future version releases? In other games, to gain access to their test servers, a person would have to download another client and rename it, keeping the test and current game data in different locations on their 'puter.

#54 Bolo Warden

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 168 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:53 AM

Are the Devs any closer to talking about the economics of the game yet? C-bills earned based upon faction/merc standing, repairs, bonuses for having sovereignty of a planet, etc.

#55 whiskey tango foxtrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:54 AM

Whats Pauls favorite color for a crazy straw ???

Does he have a TT if you are out of that color ???

#56 nub nub

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:27 AM

nubnub misses friends, house Steiner and most of all, the developers.

Posted Image

Will nubnub's account be reactivated?

Posted Image

Question 1. Will MWO have protection against people generating multiple accounts or bot accounts and potentially using this to swindle XP\c-bills\match-fixing etc.?

Posted Image

Question 2. Depending on system implemented addressing question 1, will it be possible to have multiple accounts\computers from the one internet connection playing simultaneously? (ie. Friends\family all playing online from same locale)

Posted Image

Question 3. Will there be an offline\LAN\training mode, and a confirmed methods of testing of variants with\without system\weapon load-out purchase?

#57 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:53 AM

Q1: Will there be a method by which groups can drop against each other for training purposes? I would envision something where you gain no experience or money, nor would you be forced to pay for repair costs. In essence it would be a "simulation" in which groups could fight each other to train in tactics and strategy, or even to settle grudges.

Q2: What do you consider to be the minimum viable product as it relates to the metagame? Will you be able to give us any more details on where the state of the metagame will be when Open Beta begins? When MWO goes to full release?

Edited by Dihm, 24 May 2012 - 05:54 AM.

#58 Fomorian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 267 posts
  • LocationAshburn Virginia

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:44 AM

My question is concerning buying of in game items and the security of the transaction. What security measures will be put in place to guard against credit card piracy?

#59 Cid Slayer

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:48 AM

How will you handle the clan invasion? Will they be:

A - some sort of PVE opponents?
B - a new faction that players can just join at entry level?
C - an elite faction that players can join after they've reached a certain 'level'?

Thank you in advance!

#60 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

What's a "Clan?"

:P

Edited by Prosperity Park, 24 May 2012 - 06:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users