153 replies to this topic

#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

Hey guys, here we go again, again, again! Ask your questions about Mechwarrior Online, and we'll take the best question(s), and answer it. So please, ask away!

#2 neodym

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Locationready to help with closed beta

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

will there be ammo refit/repair? if yes what modes... will it be in range of enemy? limited/unlimited?

Edited by neodym, 23 May 2012 - 01:55 PM.

#3 Ghost73

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

How will the XP/C-Bill rewards at the end of matches be determined? I am assuming it will mostly be based on performance from spotting and damage dealt, but could a more specific examples of the mechanics be given?
For example, do you get a reward for first spotting an enemy or for the amount of damage your team deals to the enemy while you have it spotted or both?
Do you recieve bonuses for certain feats?: Kill/Killstreaks, Melee/DFA, Survived, etc.
Another important aspect of performance that should be looked at is damage recieved/drawn away. Ex: If you can get an enemy to switch targets and fire at you instead of a teammate will you get rewarded for drawing fire, with a larger bonus if they fire at you and miss?
When dealing/recieving damage is the 'Mech's weight class taken into account for rewards?
Mostly I am just curious how you intend to make the rewards even across 'Mechs, so that one chassis or type of chassis does not become the designated "XP boosting chassis".
________________________________________________________________________________

Another question I feel needs to be answered soon is about Matchmaking.
There are speculations that Matchmaking will limit teams by BV and/or tonnage, which is much too restrictive on player choice for a F2P, Quick Match-based game. How will the matchmaking system work? Will player skill be measured and then teams will be determined by this value? Or will there be a minimal matchmaking system?

#4 Hawkeye 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

Can we get full disclosure about the pie incident?

#5 Evgeny Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 704 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

Was Battletech ever inspired by Issac Asimov's Foundation Triology?

#6 McGruff

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 79 posts
  • LocationTerra, 52-23 N 13-24 E

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

Will my mech cool down faster when standing/walking through a river or when it is raining or snowing?

Might have been discussed already but I did not find the topic.

Cheers
McGruff

#7 Theal Swena

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationProbably in an Atlas

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

Will I have to join a clan/faction? And if so, will they have different things going for them? And if they do, how will you balance them?

#8 Vexgrave Lars

Former Dictionary

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationParticle and Wave

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

Can you suggest any configuration settings, such as perf mon parameters for beta users? Is there anything the community can do to help PGI and make the bug hunt more efficient and effective?

What tools should we have in the tool box, to be as effective as possible?

Edited by Vexgrave Lars, 23 May 2012 - 02:14 PM.

#9 Aelos03

• 1,137 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

What are your future plans for MWO and E-sports ?

#10 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

Will there be an ability/function to purge ammunition. ?

Scenario: I have an ac10 and srm6, one or both weapons are destroyed, but the ammo is ok. I would want to purge this ammo, as it is only capable of damaging MY mech from this point onward.

#11 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

I kind of have 2 questions and hope If im picked, you can answer them both.

First... After a match has ended and I have to refit and repair my mech, How will refit and repair costs be Handled in the game?

Second... In other games, it gets really annoying when you team up with a new guy who happens to be a JERK and wants to run around and shoot at his team mates. Regardless if there is or is not friendly fire in other games, its still annoying. We do know friendly fire will play a factor in this game... SO, how will you THE DEVS deal with players like this? AND... If i honestly make a mistake and shoot a fellow team mate, is this going to be one of those things that can give you negative XP or REP in the game?

Edited by Yoseful Mallad, 23 May 2012 - 02:36 PM.

#12 Nateshouse

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

Can you PLEASE make a version that I can run on my mac. I just need someone to make a "wrap" for the game in wineskin. It is a program that allows mac users to play PC games with a mac OS.

#13 flying1ace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationUnknown. But probably on the computer.

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

I have 2 questions.

First: If your Mech is destroyed will you eject like in the teaser Trailer?

Second: Will there be trading? And if there is, how will it work?

thanks

Edited by flying1ace, 24 May 2012 - 01:14 PM.

#14 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

When a Mercenary Corporation has to perform defensive duties on a planet they are currently garrisoning, how much of a notice will they receive before the game is scheduled to take place? Will they know 24 hours in advance that the planet they recently captured is being invaded by a rival Mercenary Corp? 48 hours? 1 week?

Certainly this number isn't set in stone, yet; I am just wondering in what direction you guys are going with this... it could be a vicious, day-by-day fighting environment where the same secondary planets ("Border Worlds," as described in the Dev Blogs) could change hands up to three or four times a week, or one might spend weeks in a Company's hands, completely unopposed by rival Companies.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 23 May 2012 - 02:27 PM.

#15 Ramien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationToledo

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

How quickly do you expect new players to be getting their second 'mechs and are the C-Bill rewards weighted to pace the rate of new gear acquisition?

#16 Gauge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

I'm just curious, what sort of process do you guys go through when deciding which Battlemechs to put in the game? What variables do you find important? Of course weight class has to play a role, but what other factors? Exact weight, popular variants, loadout style (energy-heavy, missile-heavy), aesthetic, similarity/difference to already chosen chassis?

#17 Omega59er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

Will you have the system specs after a week or two or beta testing?

#18 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

Will players that are in the beta now keep the stuff they have earned at launch?
only because this could be a disadvantage for the rest of us ;) although ill be happy playing the game in an Urbie as long as i get to play it :( as i feel most here would.

#19 Slystone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 220 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:43 PM

Will each faction/merc unit have it's own chat?

#20 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

• From dev comments on the forums and devblogs, I've come to understand that there will be some key differences in the way merc corps will be able to manage themselves as opposed to how house troops will function. Can you elaborate on this a bit? e.g. What sorts of tools will merc commanders have available? How will contracts work (single objection or signing on for a longer duration "campaign" with a house?) Will house troops have any ability to band together with online friends and function as units together, or are they just in a grab-bag?
  • Will destruction of one or both side torsos result in "coring" of an XL engine?
  • Are SRMs going to have guidance as per canon/TT?
  • Will Flamers produce more heat in the attacking 'mech than the target as per TT, or the other way around?
  • Sensor data for targeting was relayed automatically from the IGN vids. Where does the Battlegrid come into play?
  • Will alternate ammunition like Inferno missiles be available? Will LBX be able to use standard and cluster rounds?
  • How will controls work for jump-jetting? Just forward, or can we turn and move side-side?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users