Wouldn't It Be Nice To See Stats By Mech

13 replies to this topic

#1 WalkingDeathBot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLooking for Paul so as to troll him

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

I love that we have stats, but I wish you could look at your stats separated by mech.

I know I have a much better k/d ratio in some mechs than others. This would also really help people hone in on their play styles.

Is it it in game and I just missed it?

#2 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

Nope. Not there yet. Hopefully they'll have something like that in the future though. It would be interesting to see.

#3 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

Yeah, I'd love to see more stats, more breakdown of stats, etc.

Would love to see it broken down by mech, map, and mode (plus Lone Wolf, 4-Man, 8-man...) if at all possible.

#4 siLve00

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

yes would be nice....

we will get more stats this year.. atleast that were what they did tell us 1 month ago.

Edited by siLve00, 07 January 2013 - 02:29 PM.

#5 Impossible Wasabi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • 462 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

The Space Pope would like to see global stats for all mechs and weapons used, in regards to damage done and kills.

Though he is not interested in individual pilot stats, rather he wishes to see the overall state of things.

#6 Raalic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 483 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

This is a simple, intelligent and productive thread. Yes, I really do think that would be a good addition to the game.

#7 Fajther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 451 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan, usa

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

The problem with stats is that there just aren't enough. we talk about the kd ratio because that is the only one that the stats currently point to. Support mechs aren't for lots of kills. Scouts are for scouting. They shouldn't have stats that help them with that. Average tag time in a match. Average assists per round. Average life span!!!!! Stuff like that.

#8 Fastidious

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

The more stats the better. Hopefully sortable by every property (mech, maps, weapons, ping, etc) and time.

#9 Mel Mad Dog Winters

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Good suggestion

#10 Bogsveigir

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 82 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

I agree with wanting more specialized stats. Possibly having pilot 'Trees' like Scouting, Skirmishing, Brawling, Direct Support, Indirect Support, etc. The same data could be interpreted in multiple ways, and could be used to show someone that they might be more suited to different Roles than what they think they are playing.

I don't care much about my KDR, but I do care about my WLR. I prefer to run as a Scout, and being away from friendlies, I have a higher chance of dieing alone, but -- hopefully -- while accomplishing my duty.

I am also interested to see more detailed things, like How many components I've destroyed, or How many mechs belonging to which House, How many Team-Kills I've mistakenly made when ECM hides the IFF tags from me, How many Kill-Assists, that sort of thing.

I'm a data addict.

Edit:
Having something that's downloadable, like a 'Service Record' would be extra-cool. Something like a CSV or TSV file, that could be sorted and grokked in finer detail . . .

Edited by Bogsveigir, 07 January 2013 - 03:33 PM.

#11 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

Great idea. Per weapon stats would be nice to, something along the lines what dice did with BF3. Accuracy, killshots etc.

#12 Kiszkama

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 9 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

End of Round Summary Screen
Target Date: January 15th - 95%
Notes: General graphical improvement to several in game menus.

Matchmaking Phase 3
Target Date: Mid January
Notes: Work is mostly complete. A period of testing will commence shortly.

Combat Score
Target Date: January
Notes: Combat Score compliments the new matchmaking system and will be used in scoreboards to rank players. This is an aggregate scoring system.

Statistics
Target Date: Early February
Notes: Early work done. Some statistics being collected already. FE/Web work and remaining statistics tracking to be started shortly.

#13 The Mecha Streisand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 245 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Nice. I think that too. As well, seeing kill assists, spotting assists, etc., alongside the KDR, would be nice. But maybe I'm just biased since I have an AWFUL KDR...

#14 Cerebelli

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 244 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

+1

Good thread, good suggestion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users