How Many Shots Do You Take Before You Shoot Back At A Teamkiller?

92 replies to this topic

Poll: Teamkilling Poll (277 member(s) have cast votes)

How many shots before you retaliate?

1. Just one. (37 votes [13.36%])

Percentage of vote: 13.36%

2. Two (141 votes [50.90%])

Percentage of vote: 50.90%

3. Three (57 votes [20.58%])

Percentage of vote: 20.58%

4. I am a teamkiller (10 votes [3.61%])

Percentage of vote: 3.61%

5. I just disconnect from the game (1 votes [0.36%])

Percentage of vote: 0.36%

6. I do nothing (31 votes [11.19%])

Percentage of vote: 11.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Teralitha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

Well if you wouldnt run in front of teammates when shooting the enemy, you might not get shot in the back so often....

#82 CodeNameValtus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

I give them the benefit of the doubt. 1 Shot in spawn'ish area, okay. 2 or more shots at any of my teammates, and I'm legging your mech and running off into the battle. I don't want the -15k TK penalty, or a mark on my record for TK'ing, but I do want you to suffer for injuring my team.

#83 Reani Che

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationRus

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

1 or 2. It depends on amount of damage, I get. If my armor is seriously damaged with no explaination within 10-15 seconds, I can even become a "teammate killer".

Though, I was in situation, when my Commando was seriously damaged by friendly Raven. And when I attacked him back, I've beed legged by friendly Atlas, with the comment "It would be a lesson for U".

P.S. Sorry for my Eng ;)

Edited by Reani Che, 08 January 2013 - 05:44 AM.

#84 Leetskeet

• Bad Company
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

Two

#85 HiplyRustic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

At spawn? First shot gets a "Watch it", second gets three UAC5s replying to the individual long enough to get their attention.

#86 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

Intentional shots - when they turn and shoot you or a teammate = instant retaliation immediately followed by an email report detailing the situation, and why I or one of my team members now has a TK for stopping an attempt of the same.

Accidental triggers usually get a touch from a laser on the arm and a chat reminder to be more careful.

#87 silentD11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 816 posts
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

View PostWraith 1, on 07 January 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

One time I saw an Atlas kill a friendly Commando in spawn with 2 alphas. I started shooting him in the CTR with my Commando, but then the rest of the team TK'd me.

Moral of the story, don't counter-TK if you're in a ERPPC troll commando build. It doesn't look good.

I'm guessing this probably wouldn't have happened had he not been in a commando.

#88 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

View PostLeetskeet, on 08 January 2013 - 05:42 AM, said:

Two

Third strike I'm going to be knee deep in your grill and I'm staying there.

#89 KalebFenoir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 222 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

I just have trouble believing some of the people I play with. We drop in, and there's this one Atlas on our team who's been dropped right behind a Raven. Now, I dunno about others, but I know that if i'm testing my weapons systems and setting up my weapons groups, I immediately turn my mech or angle the torso AWAY from anyone in front of me.

But more often than not, these people just look up, see a friendly in front of them and think 'meh', and start slapping buttons. I've seen mechs cored because the button-slapper managed to drop twin Gauss and more into the weak rear armour of a smaller mech.

In the case of that Atlas, he was actively following this Raven and firing at him. Each time he fired, he'd reply in chat 'Sorry! LoL!' and keep firing. The Raven didn't fire back, but did move out of his line of fire SEVERAL times, to the point that I actually noticed this back-and-forth.

I trudged my mech over to see what was going on, and could clearly see who was griefing who (though now the memories of the match are fuzzy in terms of names, or I'd send a report about the griefer).

I didn't fire, but I did try to put the fear of Mod into the griefer by telling him I'd taken a screenshot. Still didn't work. Guy seriously did not care. Finally the Raven got irritated past the point of reason or running, and just turned around and calmly decapitated the Atlas with a few well placed shots (neither of them was moving much because of their little scuffle). Can't say I blame the Raven pilot; if that guy had opened fire on me and stripped most of my armour, I would have done the same thing eventually.

I wish I'd have sent in the report, because the Atlas pilot was pretending to be a moron, when really he was just strategically team-killing to help what I assume were his buddies on the other team.

#90 Penance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

if they're anything like tootsie roll pops...3.

#91 AlexWildeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 549 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

There really wasn't a poll selection for me.
Upon landing I peel out and away as fast as possible. If I take a hit I keep going. If someone follows me and continues to fire I turn and engage them. You have to be actively trying to TK me as you followed me and continued to fire for me to turn and return fire.
Haven't had it happen very often.

#92 Eddrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

Two or three. Depending on if I notice the first or second was a teammate. One/maybe two is an accident. Three is defintetly on purpose.

#93 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

View PostEddrick, on 08 January 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

Two or three. Depending on if I notice the first or second was a teammate. One/maybe two is an accident. Three is defintetly on purpose.

I've been thinking about it and for myself being hit with two separate volleys while moving is definitely enough for me but it's a matter of judgement, and sometimes 1 is enough. For me the damning evidence of griefing is adjusting aim, If i see a mech aim and fire (more than like a single laser*) on a friendly that is enough for me to make the judgement that it was an intentional attack.

*some times the guys I play with play "laser tag" w/a small or meduim laser, again it's a judgement call and a single sl or ml froma medium mech or larger isn't enough to immediately call shenanigans.

Edited by Agent of Change, 08 January 2013 - 09:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users