How Many Shots Do You Take Before You Shoot Back At A Teamkiller?

92 replies to this topic

Poll: Teamkilling Poll (277 member(s) have cast votes)

How many shots before you retaliate?

1. Just one. (37 votes [13.36%])

Percentage of vote: 13.36%

2. Two (141 votes [50.90%])

Percentage of vote: 50.90%

3. Three (57 votes [20.58%])

Percentage of vote: 20.58%

4. I am a teamkiller (10 votes [3.61%])

Percentage of vote: 3.61%

5. I just disconnect from the game (1 votes [0.36%])

Percentage of vote: 0.36%

6. I do nothing (31 votes [11.19%])

Percentage of vote: 11.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Ptom

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

Ever since this game has been in open beta, I've seen more and more accounts that have been created solely for the purpose of griefing.

I know many many people have been on the bad side of friendlies laser before, but when do you make the judgement call that that person is a teamkiller?

Edited by Ptom, 07 January 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#2 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

First shot I generally ignore(Wireframe will dictate)
second shot I will face the shooter and ask whats up
third shot its return fire alpha strike. Continue till traitor is dead.

#3 Voridan Atreides

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

3rd shot and I alpha them out of existence......

Edited by Voridan Atreides, 07 January 2013 - 11:48 AM.

#4 Homeless Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Usually, I never shoot back because its just a game. But last night, some guy picked the wrong time to tag me in the back after a bad round. I immediately turned and killed him. A large amount of whine ensued.

#5 Broceratops

• 1,903 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

missing option for 0. preemptive attacks are the best

#6 superteds

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

normally just leg them and leave them to get murdered.

#7 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

You may want to edit the 4th choice because it implies that the only reason people don't fight back is fear of being reported. It will bias your results.

Personally I've never once had to resort to retaliation because it's almost always an accident. Either a misclick, or perhaps a yellow screen bug where the player can't tell friends from enemies. If I had to put a number on it, I would say 3. First shot is almost always attributed to accidents, second shot, could be a noob misclick. Third shot and the guy is most likely out for blood.

I would never just shoot him once or twice as payback because it's completely pointless to weaken your team even further. If he is really trying to kill me, I would kill him completely. But again, this has never happened.

#8 FerretGR

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

More than one accidental shot might happen in combat, but if we start the game and you alpha me in the back, waiting for a second shot is asking to be TKed. One shot and I'm protesting, but accidents do happen. Two and you're getting shot back.

#9 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

2 shots, thats more than enough. Then I kill the shotter with no mercy.

#10 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

Watched a Tker kill a team mate, then open up on another team mate. About 4 of us them opened up on the TKer (I got the kill penalty) and we moved on to win the match.

This is why I joined a unit/team/group. No more intentional TKing.....

#11 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

An obligatory thread drop; the Official In-Game Griefing thread.

If someone is teamkilling, then report them to support@mwomercs.com and let the in-game logs back your story up. Please include the names of players and the Mechs involved, the time/date of the match, the map, a description of the event, and a screenshot if possible.

Counter-griefing is frowned-upon by the Devs/Staff. When you have no repair to worry about, then you won't lose much by dying. In fact, by staying in the game and not firing back you won't lose any XP or C-Bills, your account stays clear, and your accusation of Griefing will carry more weight. You'll also have time to ask your teammates to report the same user with the in-game chat. Multiple reports that are confirmed by game logs are good.

Killing a team-shooter and not reporting him is less than ideal because their account will not be affected. You can't just shoot a griefer and expect that to make them stop griefing; you're probably not going to make them See the Light.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 07 January 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#12 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

One and I reply in kind. If they want to bring it to a brawl I'll light them up like a christmas tree.

Dragon full alphaed my Jenners rear torso basically stripping it of armor. Shot him in the CT.

"It was an accident"

"Me too, I was aiming for your cockpit"

He shot me back, I buried him 6 ft under.

Tired of this stupid nonsense. If you cant start a match without shooting a friendly you need to just stop playing and go play hello kitty adventure or duck hunt.

Edit: This is entirely in spawn point responses. In the thick of battle if I get shot while darting around at 150kph then I just chalk it up to bad piloting (on their part) and luck.

Edited by hammerreborn, 07 January 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#13 Ptom

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

View PostJman5, on 07 January 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

You may want to edit the 4th choice because it implies that the only reason people don't fight back is fear of being reported. It will bias your results.

Personally I've never once had to resort to retaliation because it's almost always an accident. Either a misclick, or perhaps a yellow screen bug where the player can't tell friends from enemies. If I had to put a number on it, I would say 3. First shot is almost always attributed to accidents, second shot, could be a noob misclick. Third shot and the guy is most likely out for blood.

I would never just shoot him once or twice as payback because it's completely pointless to weaken your team even further. If he is really trying to kill me, I would kill him completely. But again, this has never happened.

Fixed, I just removed it since "I do nothing" is basically the same thing without the context.

#14 De La Fresniere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

I can imagine careless people can shoot a teammate unintentionally. Seen it happen. Usually they just apologize.

Shooting someone twice, you know it's intentional. It's never happened to me but I would naturally defend myself in that situation.

If it ever happens, I will of course report them as well. I expect PGI to look at the data and do the right thing regardless of who killed who. They know who fired first and in which direction they did fire; it should be obvious I was just defending myself.

#15 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

I've been shot at by a teammate, not including a handful of "weapon check" accidents, about twice. In about 1,000 matches now...

Maybe it was something I said, eh? :D

#16 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

View PostKraven Kor, on 07 January 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

I've been shot at by a teammate, not including a handful of "weapon check" accidents, about twice. In about 1,000 matches now...

Maybe it was something I said, eh? ;)

There's some people here on the forums I'd consider Tking just based on the forums :D. j/k.... or am I?
Naw, I'd never intentionally start a TK war, but if pushed, I'll finish one.

#17 GioAvanti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 07 January 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

First shot I generally ignore(Wireframe will dictate)
second shot I will face the shooter and ask whats up
third shot its return fire alpha strike. Continue till traitor is dead.

Wouldn't they kill you pretty damn quickly if you give them 3 shots? I mean using your logic I could take a centurion and blow you out of existance before you said whats up.....

Maybe this is the issue with confronting team killers that makes them such an issue.... someone shoots me and I just kill them out of principle... (if they just missed an enemy I just get peeved... but if they hit me I end them).

View Postcdlord, on 07 January 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

There's some people here on the forums I'd consider Tking just based on the forums :D. j/k.... or am I?
Naw, I'd never intentionally start a TK war, but if pushed, I'll finish one.

There's a guy I happily will TK who trolled me on the forums (or he could have been really stupid) either way my entire lance TKed him.

#18 Ilvatu

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

I generally don't ask too many questions, or hesitate to respond to this sort of action. I'm tempted to blow someone's leg off when they cause my mech collision damage, and run off without exchanging insurance information. I'm driving a 15 million C-Bill fusion-powered machine of war, and they smash up my paint and run off? They shouldn't be allowed to get away with it!

#19 Irvine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

If its in everything i will let it slide. Spawn stuffs get one free pass, pending how much damage they cause. If it just bubbles paint meh. I get any serious damage from pure stupidity i aim at his windshield and ask "what the hell?"

Note i use AC20s or UAC5s i do have self defense from people who have descriptions that are banned under the current censor :D

#20 Kell Commander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 537 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

I only question people who shoot me at the spawn point. In the thick of battle if I run in front of you it's my own damn fault for being shot. Usually when I get hit once at spawn I say something like "Blue means friendly fucktard!" and that usually works. Some people do need to learn though not to run and try to punch an enemy because that is where 95% of the teamkills I have seen have happened. Got one myself because a guy ran in front of my LRM barrage and took 60 missiles to his back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users