Mwo Is Dooooomed (With Regard To Weapon Balance). Part 2, Continued From Closed Beta.

1063 replies to this topic

#1061 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:42 AM

Well, they don't have to reply to every thread. Or any thread.

But I think if such a topic has been known and discussed for so long, it wouldn't be bad if they would at least make a blog-type like post on "our vision of convergence, accuracy, pinpoint precision and game balance". And then listen to the feedback, considering particularly the feedback that doesn't just ramble some generalities and goes into specifics.

#1062 HRR Mary

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:52 AM

True, they don't have to do anything. It could have been some form of aknowledgment, like the Blog thingy you suggested.

Instead we had Garth, coming in, and stating vague allegations about the "Top Builds" (and showing PGI's knowledge of their game, like the 3 second Jenner), around february, and then Niko, just having fun (which was nice, mind you).

I would expect a little more, for a post that continues from closed beta (where it had grown to a large size), and that has stayed up until now.

They had their Top Men, looking at Top Builds, instead.

#1063 Tombstoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:28 AM

View PostPht, on 25 August 2013 - 08:26 AM, said:

In and of itself (it's a huge thing, IMO - but regardless) it should be viewed at least as the acorn seed from which this balance-tweaking oak tree is growing.

Had this "focused damage" not been in the game, and instead we had been given simulation of the 'mech, this particular stream we are in would never have happened.

focused damage - double armor and internals - weapons rate of fire tweaks - ... and on down the rabbit hole from there.

The "balance" tweaks are pretty much ALWAYS band-aid s to try and fix the unintended consequences of the previous balance tweaks. That's just the basic nature of these things.

It was impossible to predict the exact things they would do, but it was entirely possible to predict that, if they were committed to fixing what they saw as problems, they WOULD continue tweaking things, patch by patch by patch.

It's called necessary conseqence.

When you add 1+1, you will always get 2. It's unavoidable if you carry out the addition.

applause.

#1064 Raghnall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

I think it is worth exploring by the devs, but I do not think there is time left to test it. Wish release so near?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users