Ask The Devs 30 - New Formula!

338 replies to this topic

#21 Morang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

I can guess 5 best questions:

What is your favourite beverage/sandwich/movie/music band?

Do you like more cats or dogs?

How many Urbanmechs does it take to replace a light bulb?

That's 3, and two more will not be answered despite the promise because of PGI inconvenience.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 08 January 2013 - 12:05 PM.
edited per CoC

#22 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostMorang, on 08 January 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

That's 3, and two more will not be answered despite the promise because of PGI inconvenience.

God I hope not. If they ever do take a question like that and answer it in essay form all it will have been is a giant insult and waste of time.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 08 January 2013 - 12:05 PM.
edited quote

#23 Gregory Owen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostMorang, on 08 January 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

thats a pretty accurate recount of 1/4 questions they've answers on ASK the DEVS. it's not professional

Edited by Prosperity Park, 08 January 2013 - 12:06 PM.
edited quote

#24 Taizan

Com Guard

• 1,692 posts
  • LocationGalatea (NRW)

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

Will we at one point be seeing interims prototype mechs or technology of IS mechs that was basically salvaged from clan technology?

Edited by Taizan, 08 January 2013 - 11:14 AM.

#25 tekka

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

over the last few months you guys and girls at pgi have made comments in the announcement sections about a couple of things

ie, the arrow iv missle system the hermes, the zeus and hatomatchi

dose this mean we can expect these items soon or some time in the distant future

#26 Attalward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 382 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

I reserve my place to support ECM related questions.

What is your stance on ECM? Is it going to revised?

I feel it does too much together for very small weight and few slots. Tolkien puts it boldly.

#27 SUBZERO8K

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationVancouver, B.C.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Can we get some details about what, exactly, the DX11 update will do both performance and visuals-wise? Also, an ETA on when we are expected to see it?

Edited by SUBZERO8K, 08 January 2013 - 11:31 AM.

#28 Fenix0742

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 265 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

Where is DirectX 11?

#29 Glowhollow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

Hi there !

Respective to the 3rd Person View Discussion - will there be a implementation - like the "Mechcommander View" (or the Artillery View in World of Tanks) for the Command Console ?

Subquestion. The Command Console Implementation - is it planned that a 9th Person (without Mech) joining the game - commanding the 2 Lances ?

#30 Krzysztof z Bagien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 710 posts
  • LocationUć, Poland

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

Why don't you spilt ECM into several separate systems?

How big is the playerbase and how does it and it's growth look compared to what you expected after start of open beta?

Edit: It's obvious that you don't test your patches before uploading them to game server - I don't belive your testers could've just miss that's impossible to launch into the game. Maybe it's time to create public test server?

Edited by Krzysztof z Bagien, 08 January 2013 - 03:58 PM.

#31 Kodiak Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 935 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

is MASC on the development board and can the team give us any details on its implementation and mechanics of how it will operate in game?

Cheers, Kodiak.

#32 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

As we approach 12v12 games, how do you plan on addressing full premade groups? It can already be a struggle getting 7 of your friends to play with you, 11 will be even tougher. Are you going to do anything else that will either encourage people to group up more, or make it easier to form large 12 man premades?

#33 Jakob Knight

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Question 1: What is the concept the Dev team is working from in regards to what ECM is supposed to be in MWO? Is it to be a stealth system for scout units, a shield for assault units against fire support, or some other role on the battlefield? Why is it the only piece of equipment not available to all players (in other words, all mechs)?

Question 2: When are the equivilant ECM systems coming out that remove Ballistic and Energy Weapons from use in the same way Guardian removes LRMs and Streak Missiles from use?

Question 3: Why was ECM in MWO made in such a way as to incorporate the functions of several other systems yet to be developed in the timeline (and functions never performed by any piece of equipment in the Battletech universe), without the associated and identified disadvantages of those same systems?

Question 4: What concept does the Dev team have of the place Indirect Fire units have on the battlefield? Are they seen as a valid role in the game, or simply a role that the Devs are writing out of their game in favor of first-person-shooter gaming? Do you feel the Devs have faithfully followed this concept in their actions in developing the game?

Question 5: If one of the primary concepts of MWO development is to avoid the ideal that battles will be decided by whomever brings the biggest mechs with the most weapons to the fight will win, why was the Stalker introduced in its current form (when other mechs were prevented from having such a heavy payload by the hardpoint system), and how are other Heavy and Assault units supposed to be on equivilant terms with this?

Edited by Jakob Knight, 08 January 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#34 Sh4nk0h0l1c

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 91 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Hey Guys,

Jumpjets should give you the ability to jump over a enemy 'mech to get in a better position or to escape enemy fire. IMO the Mechs (CTF-3D for example) lift off to slow. Its even very difficult to jump up on a building.
Of course, a 'mech like the CTF-3D is pretty heavy but his jumpjets are also heavier (=more thrust) than the ones of a light 'mech.

So my question is

Q: Do you have any plans on reworking/modifying jumpjet mechanics? For example speeding up the lift off?

And also:

Please answer Tolkien's question about ECM.

Thanks for your time =)

Edited by Sh4nk0h0l1c, 09 January 2013 - 08:40 AM.

#35 Anyone00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 329 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

Will critical slot configuration remain universal on all mechs in the future? There are mechs that one or more of their base configurations cannot be pulled off in the current MW:O system; for example (and just example):
(1) The Marauder (yes, I know: Macross Unseen, Harmony Gold legal issues) carries an AC/5 (a future variant carries a LB-X AC/10) in its CT and would need two more (four more for the future variant) critical slots to pull it off.
(2) The Annihilator (yes, I know: very few right now and the ones that are around are likely owned by the Wolf's Dragoons) carries two AC/10 (in the -1A) in each arm and just about every bit of art shows all the variants with both upper and lower arm actuators so each arm would need five additional critical slots to pull that configuration off.
If the critical slot configuration becomes non-standard on a few mechs will the game allow the "bleeding over" of critical slots to adjacent sections similar to TT, will some mechs have critical slots "donated" from some sections to others (i.e. the Marauder loosing two critical slots in each arm but gaining four critical slots in the CT), or something else?

Edited by Anyone00, 08 January 2013 - 11:59 AM.

#36 IceSerpent

• 3,044 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

Question: Can you let us know the current design of CW, at least the parts that you guys have already decided to implement? In other words, what the general flow and rules of CW are going to be?

#37 iminbagdad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

1. Any chance you could release some info on the community? By that I mean percentages of players using x mech, this many of y weapon are being used. Stuff like that.

2. During close beta you said the base cap mechanic was a place holder. You guys still planning on changing how base caps work or are you happy with the current system?

3. Can you tell us about any upcoming modules?

4. Why don't you guys patch more often? We all know this is beta so I don't think anyone would be upset with having to patch more than once a week. If you fix something send it out, I think we have proven to be much better at catching stuff than the internal testers.

5. Any possibility on getting a toggle for the UAC/5 to switch between single shot and double tap?

6. You answered my question about 12v12 but now that you are giving longer explanations I would like to know, do you have an eta on 12v12? what are the issues that are making the game unplayable at that level.

7. Can you answer Tolkien's question? I for one enjoy one effect of ECM (less LRM spam) but hate the other (super power lights thanks to "netcode")

8. Can we get a serious discussion on community warfare? I think we can all agree it's not going to happen in the time frame you predicted and thats fine. It would be nice to know what you guys have planned, pushing it for 6 months? scrapping it?

Thanks for your time

#38 Havyek

• Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

Is a lobby system being looked at so that players can join selected matches, organize matches based on previously established teams (i.e support for ladder/league format fights), drop matches that are other than 8v8 or 12v12 (like 1v1 if decided, 6v6, 5v5 etc), see which map they are going to drop on so they can plan appropriately etc?

If not, will MWO provide any means of supporting 3rd party matchmaking like community created ladder/leagues.

Has Community Warfare been put on the back burner in favour of new content and bug fixes, and if so do you have any idea of when CW will start to come into focus again?

#39 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

...Yet I still wanna try:

Do you still have an intention to make IS 'mechs "House-specific" when Community Warfare will start to be implemented in some form and will you provide bonuses for certain 'mechs to the warriors of certain House? What bonuses (purchase discount, better CB or XP match reward, performance increase)? Which of currently released and announced mechs are specific to which House?

And, why ECM is OP, too.

#40 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

Q:

at the current rate of the flow of new mechs (time from announcement to finally coming into the game) and other content, i would like to know how you guys plan to have the clan invasion ready "in time" without having only one or two clan mechs ready to go.

as for the current rate of "new things to come" it seems as not even all announced IS mechs will make it into the game by then?

( my first ATD Question not regarding the ZEUS.... i´m a little proud of myself :) )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users