Quickdraw Vs Dragon Saturday!

13 replies to this topic

#1 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...-drop-saturday/

The gauntlet has been taken up! It will be Saturday the 10th, more details incoming.

Get your Quickdraws ready!

#2 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

Reminder, this event will be open to any Free Worlds League mechwarrior who has a Quickdraw!

#3 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:06 AM

Greetings Warriors from House Marik, This Saturday warriors from House Kurita will be piloting our Iconic Battlemech the Dragon in conquest drops, grab your Quickdraws, group up and drop some matches against us!

Posted Image

Looking forward to some good skirmishes against Your Warriors!

#4 Zongoose

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSouthampton

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

The 4th Regulan Hussars have a healthy supply of front line Quickdraws ready to take the fight to House Kurita. Expect crazy fast DPS based builds with only a very occasional sprinkling of mature cheddar!

#5 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

MGA will have a good showing as well!

#6 Tharkan Stuermer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

View PostManaValkyrie, on 06 August 2013 - 03:06 AM, said:

Greetings Warriors from House Marik, This Saturday warriors from House Kurita will be piloting our Iconic Battlemech the Dragon in conquest drops, grab your Quickdraws, group up and drop some matches against us!

Posted Image

Looking forward to some good skirmishes against Your Warriors!

The QKG is being produced by Luthien Armor Works in the DC, and Technicron in the FWL. Since LAW is far bigger than Technicron, the QKG should be at least as common in the DC, as it is in the FWL :)

#7 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:52 AM

View PostTharkan Stuermer, on 07 August 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

The QKG is being produced by Luthien Armor Works in the DC, and Technicron in the FWL. Since LAW is far bigger than Technicron, the QKG should be at least as common in the DC, as it is in the FWL B)

I never said they were not produced in more than 1 place, same as the Victor battlemech is partially built within the DC, however, this is more about just getting the diverse communities here to play different games, have a bit of fun and run something other than meta specific mechs.etc

#8 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostTharkan Stuermer, on 07 August 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

The QKG is being produced by Luthien Armor Works in the DC, and Technicron in the FWL. Since LAW is far bigger than Technicron, the QKG should be at least as common in the DC, as it is in the FWL :(

Since the Orion isn't out yet, this is the most "FWL" heavy that we have. Hey, and Steiner's should not pilot anything other than DDCs anyway. If we ever get the Grand Titan, we will have to do a FWL vs Commonwealth battle!

#9 Tharkan Stuermer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:10 AM

View PostManaValkyrie, on 08 August 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:

I never said they were not produced in more than 1 place, same as the Victor battlemech is partially built within the DC, however, this is more about just getting the diverse communities here to play different games, have a bit of fun and run something other than meta specific mechs.etc

Yeah, but the QKG is technically just not exactly an iconic FWL Mech, like the Dragon, or the Jenner for the DC :)
I really appritiate your approach!

View PostEd Steele, on 08 August 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

Since the Orion isn't out yet, this is the most "FWL" heavy that we have. Hey, and Steiner's should not pilot anything other than DDCs anyway. If we ever get the Grand Titan, we will have to do a FWL vs Commonwealth battle!

That's right, of course. I am looking forward towards that, perhaps we could arrange a Marik vs Steiner battle, when Wolverines and Griffins are being released :)

EDIT:
My bet is on the Marik Quickdraws, though :D

Edited by Tharkan Stuermer, 09 August 2013 - 10:12 AM.

#10 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:11 PM

Get in your Quickdraws, I will be killing Kurita Dragons with you as often as I can when I wake up!

#11 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:28 PM

I have no actual interest in the whole "faction squabble", but I do like Quickdraws over the Dragons pretty much any day of the week. I hope the results come out the way I think it would... :)

#12 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

Well, I managed to be in one game against a Kurita Dragon and I got the kill, but overall, it was an apathetic turnout on both sides. When I finally got a group of Quickdraws together, we were never matched against any Kuritas in Dragons. So, hopefully, when and if Community Warfare and private games are implemented, we can try this again. Maybe even Marik Orion, vs Liao Cataphract.

#13 DemonRaziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 646 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

I dropped against 2 Kurita Dragons today, but they were not in a group (at least not in a group with other Kuritas), so it might have been just a coincidence.

Maybe we should have tried building 12mans and dropping in that queue for better matching. At least until we get private lobbies...

#14 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:04 AM

Thanks Ed Steele for trying!

From my side we did manage to keep around 4 full lances dropping across a 7-8 hour period in dragons, match maker didn't play very nice, as we did not match up with many FWL players at all.

@DemonRaziel, yes the 12 mans would probably have created a better chance at match making, provided both sides could get the numbers at same time.

And Amen to private games/community warfare and maybe some more game modes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users