Spiderfest 2013.

82 replies to this topic

#61 sarkun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

I'm thinking of buying the ECM commando, and welcoming all the yummy spiders with 3xSSRM2s :rolleyes:.

#62 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostTungstenWall, on 13 January 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

Meanwhile, in the Frozen City D4 Cave!

So rooting for the spiders in that movie. Kill the bad actors, kill them!

View PostKhan Hallis, on 13 January 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

And probably your last since the spiders hard points are going to suck, and JJ are messed up, and ECM rules the field now.

Spiders are gonna be a fun ride, if all you're going for it's efficiency...well have fun in your own way.

As do Gauss Rifles but, alas, that hasn't meant anything here so far. Anything that had to do with balancing has been tossed to the winds so far.

Havn't heard a heartfelt complaint about Gauss since they got sissied. (made softer)

#63 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

Spiders stock are super weak, it will be hilarious.

#64 Khan Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Oh don't get me wrong. I'd have used a spider in TT in a heartbeat, but here all I can see it being is scrap metal for salvage.

I'd rather run things other than Raven 3L, but realities of how this game works so far....yeah. Leaves things a tad disappointing.

There are plenty of flaws so far, but that hasn't seemed to matter thus far.

I'm still playing despite the flaws. Just can't see the spider being all that interesting to pilot here though.

#65 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

View PostButane9000, on 13 January 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

Spiders stock are super weak, it will be hilarious.

Who the Eff plays stock other than TT conference going nutcases..."if it's good enough for a REAL mech warrior, it's GOOD ENOUGH for me!" types? Granted their hardpoints probably won't be the best, but you'll be able to make something out of it.

Edited by verybad, 13 January 2013 - 02:38 PM.

#66 PurpleNinja

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

View PostTungstenWall, on 13 January 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

Look like Hawken.

:rolleyes: :blink:

#67 SpiralRazor

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostFranchi, on 13 January 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

I think I'll fire up mechwarrior for the first time in weeks and organize a 4man of streak-mandos or RVN-3L's, give all the spiders a nice warm welcome.

Thank you PGI for providing the spider, another great opportunity to boast my KDR.

This....i predict a spider will take maybe 6 broadside from my streaks. Sad Spider faces:)

#68 Ashnod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostPANZERBUNNY, on 13 January 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

You think the game will be playable on Tues? That's cute.

I've never had a single issue on a MWO patch day.. its cute that you think there will be though.

#69 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Ohh, you people are so tough. I'm scared of people like you

#70 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

View Postmwhighlander, on 13 January 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

Other than the trial light mechs, no-one is using variants that can't use ECM, and the most prominent Assault mech right now is the DDC. Definitely more dynamic and interesting, right?!

Where do people keep coming up with this BS?

THERE IS NO PERFECT BALANCE!
And as long as that's true, which it always will be, then there will be min-maxers. This is not the fault of PGI, nor is it original to ECM.

Before ECM it was Jenners and Steak-cats, which were more prolific than the combination of ECM mechs are today. Yet they still weren't dominating is the numbers that people continually try to assign to the various ECM mechs. I still see a fair number of Jenners, and despite the claims that the non-ECM Ravens and Commandos are only played to Elite the ECM ones, they continue to show up in about the same numbers with the ECM version not really appearing in any greater numbers (not counting the occasional premade Raven team or random drop that happens to be heavy, which happens with every mech).

As for the -D-DC, it happens to have the best hardpoint loadout of any Atlas, unless you're specifically going for an energy-heavy build, and discounting the -D(F) which isn't available to buy. And, yet, your assertion is still incorrect, as the most prominent assault, atm, is clearly the Stalker. And despite that, there are still Awesomes running around all over the place.

If you want to argue that you dislike ECM and feel it should be changed, go ahead, but outright bullsh*t doesn't further your cause.

#71 Orzorn

• 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 13 January 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

If you want to argue that you dislike ECM and feel it should be changed, go ahead, but outright bullsh*t doesn't further your cause.

You rarely see light mechs that can't use ECM being used in 8v8. This is an observation that I've seen over many games, but only PGI has the true statistics. It only makes sense to me anyways. Jenners can't fight other lights with ECM as well, because the Jenner won't be able to use SSRMs nearly as well (if at all) compared to the other lights.

Besides that, in the past, what others played had no effect on what I could play or use. The prominence of ECM (at least in 8 mans), however, does have a significant effect on my builds. I don't put LRM 10s on my Dragons anymore for over-the-hill support, because I'd have to get another person or myself to carry a TAG to do so, which I don't believe would be worth it. No, we chose to just switch over to heavy direct fire and try to stave off the D-DC swarm that usually follows the Ravens when they find us, or to take out the shotgun-like Stalker builds people tend to create before they can get to us.

I don't particularly know about pub games that aren't 8v8, as I don't play them often anyways.

Edited by Orzorn, 13 January 2013 - 03:42 PM.

#72 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

Im going to bring out my Gaussomets - a well aimed shot and spider is squished. Hello XP!

COMPONENT DESTROYED
COMPONENT DESTROYED
COMPONENT DESTROYED
COMPONENT DESTROYED

#73 Acenan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 124 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Well i just be doing what i uselly do with mye Stalker:

Edited by Acenan, 13 January 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#74 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

View Postverybad, on 13 January 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Havn't heard a heartfelt complaint about Gauss since they got sissied. (made softer)

then you haven't heard from me, gauss cats are better than ac20 cats, why? cause you can get all the benifits of the whackpult with added range and blowing gauss cannons on the catapult takes just a long as disabling the whackpult. you hear no complaints cause no one is suffering from the gauss nerf; really quick destruction once internals are reached is hardly a nerf. gauss is just as boated and direct punching powerfull as ever. wouldn't mind it on cataphracts but the fact k2's see more ballistics heavy varients in unrealistic torso mountings as the energy arms need to tell you somethings not right. the amount of a1 missle hardpoints also needs scrutiny.

anyways enjoy spiderfest the shortest lived fotm as the jj novelty wears off and the deaths become too frustrating. back to ssrm ecm brawling a week so afterwards. have fun y'all

this has been brought to you by DNN doomsayer news network

#75 ConnorSinclair

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationPlanet Tranquil--HighOrbit--

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

#76 M4rtyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 691 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

View PostThe Birdeater, on 13 January 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

Birds?

*nom nom nom*

made me lol. nice :wub:

#77 Ilwrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:50 AM

View PostAshnod, on 13 January 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

I've never had a single issue on a MWO patch day.. its cute that you think there will be though.

This is simply wrong. Last patch disabled match making and they had to take it down and hotfix it.

#78 Rat of the Legion Vega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 384 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

The fact that everyone knows (correctly) that the Spider is gonna be absolutely annihilated on the field of battle highlights what a massive OP advantage streaks and ecm together provide to light mechs.

It's pretty sad that ALL the possible laser and ballistic hardpoint combos on the Spider will be completely outclassed by one type of missile in a light-on-light duel.

If PGI wants anyone to use the spider or flea, they're going to have to nerf streaks some more. And ECM was a stupid way to do that, because it only made the mechs that can carry both (cough 2D Commando, 3L Raven, DDC Atlas) that much more powerful.

Edited by Rat of the Legion Vega, 14 January 2013 - 05:50 AM.

#79 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:34 AM

this is how i plan to play my spider and the effect it will have.

#80 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:36 AM

View PostRat of the Legion Vega, on 14 January 2013 - 05:43 AM, said:

The fact that everyone knows (correctly) that the Spider is gonna be absolutely annihilated on the field of battle highlights what a massive OP advantage streaks and ecm together provide to light mechs.

It's pretty sad that ALL the possible laser and ballistic hardpoint combos on the Spider will be completely outclassed by one type of missile in a light-on-light duel.

If PGI wants anyone to use the spider or flea, they're going to have to nerf streaks some more. And ECM was a stupid way to do that, because it only made the mechs that can carry both (cough 2D Commando, 3L Raven, DDC Atlas) that much more powerful.

More like they're gonna have to make the bad mechs not so bad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users