I'm sure this isn't the first post on this subject, but I'm feeling creative, so here goes.
All we have so far is the knowledge that each mech will have a set of pre-defined variants and that we'll have a mech lab to configure them like crazy in. Even without details on exactly what we can do, we can still dream. So, dream my friends... dream big!
I plan on going for the following configurations straight out of the gate:
- I love love love the AS7-K, however I've never been a fan of the SRM-6. My plan is to swap the AC for a Gauss Rifle and drop the SRM-6 for more Medium Lasers in the arms and torso. Slap a few more heat sinks on and it's a beast.
- I'd love to play around with a max armor Atlas with a ton of short/medium range weapons and upgraded speed. Something to really get in the middle of combat and tear things apart. This is probably what I'll do to my Founders' Elite Atlas, since it looks like a brawler already.
- Really I just want to recreate the DRG-1G Grand Dragon. I may switch out the LRM-10 for a Large Laser or a couple SRMs to increase the short-range punch.
- Swap out the UAC-5 with an ER PPC. Nough' said... it's essentially the Capellan version. Hopefully there will be an in-built variant with no jump jets so this version is possible.
- This has been my favorite light mech for years... mainly because of all my good times using it in the original Battletech and Mechwarrior video games (if anyone remembers Crescent Hawk's Revenge, you start out with a Jenner... it's also your first mech in Mechwarrior). I also used it to ridiculous effect in MPBT. 2 SRM-4 hits an a quad ML strike from a Jenner would take down any other light. That being said, I've never been a fan of the SRM-4. I'd love to swap it out for another medium laser and a mix of heat sinks/armor so the Jenner could last longer in a fight.
Edited by Stalkerr, 25 May 2012 - 07:04 AM.