Critical Hits Comic #13 Out Now!

16 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

Hey everyone, new Critical Hits comic up now at nogutsnogalaxy.net - go check it out! (My money is with the Hatchetman.)

#2 J4ckInthebox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • LocationBritanny, France

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

Speaking of wich, when will melee be introduced?

:trollfaec:

#3 Terran123rd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lumberjack
  • The Lumberjack
  • 435 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

What's that 'mech in panel 5? It looks delightful.

#4 Yiazmat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 531 posts
  • LocationCentral CA

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Getting a Fatal Error. Hmm...

#5 Morang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

At first I thought it's Clan Summoner, but judging from weapons now I see that it's Thunderbolt. Unseen mech, at least it was once.

But I don't know what's the mech with the sword. Looks like Hatamoto, surely - but despite overall samurai look, there's no sword-armed versions of Hatamoto known.

#6 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

BTW it's good to see a comic of mechs that will never be in MWO practicing melee that will not be in MWO for long at best. But after that long silence can we have something more relevant? Or at least our staple IS News - I miss celebrity gossips and political scandals.

#7 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDropship Naglfar, Clan Front

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

Hatamoto will always win. It has 35 tons on the Hatchetman, not to mention double SRM-6's to shove in his face. Oh and i forgot about the PPC volleys on approach.

#8 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

Hatamoto is a very good mech, and the Hatchetman is a pretty bad mech. I'm nto even being biased towards my chosen faction here.

The Hatchetman is a better mech than currently if you throw away the next to useless Hatchet and give it more armor (less than some lights) It's still no match for a Hatamoto. I'd feel comfortable with 2 Hatchetmen against one Hatamoto...If I were in the Hatamoto.

Edited by verybad, 14 January 2013 - 12:57 PM.

#9 Hellspont

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts
  • LocationLake Elsinore CA

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

First that's a Axe man, not a hatchet man. AC20 large pulse, 3-4 medium lasers so I think my money would be on him up close. I believe Sorisons Sabers had a Hatamo-chi with a katana as a one off build.

Edited by Hellspont, 14 January 2013 - 01:52 PM.

#10 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

View Postverybad, on 14 January 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

The Hatchetman is a better mech than currently if you throw away the next to useless Hatchet and give it more armor (less than some lights) It's still no match for a Hatamoto. I'd feel comfortable with 2 Hatchetmen against one Hatamoto...If I were in the Hatamoto.

But then it isn't a Hatchetman anymore. In my experience, the only thing you really need to do to a Hatchetman is make it a 5/8/5. Then the hatchet isn't "next to useless" anymore.

That said

I'm all for artist creativity and freedom and such and all that...

Despite how cool the art looks, I can't un-think the first thing that popped into my head: "That is not a Hatchetman because that is an Axman."

#11 Cattra Kell

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostMorang, on 14 January 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

At first I thought it's Clan Summoner, but judging from weapons now I see that it's Thunderbolt. Unseen mech, at least it was once.

But I don't know what's the mech with the sword. Looks like Hatamoto, surely - but despite overall samurai look, there's no sword-armed versions of Hatamoto known.

There is one but its considered a "custom" variant. Which I think the comic is meant to reflect with the "I'm unable to identify the mech type"

But there are examples of the Hatamoto with a sword. Shimmering sword, David White, and Model.

#12 Waylandx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 273 posts
  • LocationAt the computer!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

GO Hatamoto!

#13 Pan Damonium

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Locationdrifting out of fuel in the vacuum while enjoying a nap

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostThontor, on 14 January 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

Its most definitely a Hatchetman

Why? Because they say it is.

If they didn't say anything.. It could really be either one because they look practically identical.

Absolutely NOT a Hatchetman. It just isn't. Also, they refer to it as an Axman (though maybe they changed it?). Not trying to give you a hard time...but they also look quite different imho. Really depends on the illustration I suppose. If you look at the miniatures, you can see a significant difference. The head shape and the shape of the axe is what I usually go by.

So maybe its been awhile since I have played TT, but how is the hatchet (or axe) useless? Besides being an attack that generates no heat, it has a significantly better chance of hitting the cockpit (a 6 on 1d6) than most other attacks do against a target that doesn't have partial cover (a 12 on 2d6). Sure, if I don't want to use the mech as intended by staying at range, it certainly becomes useless I guess... Now silly looking and kinda cheesy? Yeah, it is both of those for sure.

#14 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostThontor, on 14 January 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

Its most definitely a Hatchetman

Why? Because they say it is.

If they didn't say anything.. It could really be either one because they look practically identical.

Nowhere in the Comic does it say Hatchetman. If you looked at the poll choices it clearly states...

Who will win?

o Hatamoto-Chi
o Axeman (Wich is actually the wrong spelling.)

It may look like a Hatchetman but it's an Axman with some poorly taken liberties in it's rendering. Notice the double-bladed axe, fat arm acutuators and exterior mounted torso weapon? These are trademarks of the Axman design.

AXMAN
Posted Image

HATCHETMAN
Posted Image

Edited by Sennin, 14 January 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#15 Pan Damonium

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Locationdrifting out of fuel in the vacuum while enjoying a nap

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

View PostThontor, on 14 January 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

They changed it.

I suspected as much...

...my apologies if I came across as a troll. These forums have enough of those things running about.

Still, I bet you know all you ever wanted to know about how to tell a Hatchetman from an Axman, and you can teach others this all-important knowledge. Maybe one day someone knowing this will save the world!

#16 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

View PostThontor, on 14 January 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

They changed it. The choices were Hatamoto-Chi or Hatchetman earlier..

Hence why the OP said their vote was Hatchetman.

My appologies, I didnt know it was changed. I recognized it for an Axman and I wanted to point out the differences between the two. Although I agree a Hatchetman vs a Hatamoto-Chi could be a fairly lopsided battle. It would depend on what weaponry the Hatamoto gave up to mount the sword.

#17 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

I want to add for those that don't know... The Thunderbolt model you see in this comic is not Unseen. It's the redesign as in from the Phoenix upgrades additions. All those mech redesigns are still legal to use. And besides... If it was not legal to use, it would not have been allowed to be put into and associated with the MWO brand and designs in the same comic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users