Isn News Flash

86 replies to this topic

#41 Darkmoose

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSTL MO

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

They are running out of time to get the game fixed before they start breaking things with Clan Tech.

#42 Caboose30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 880 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 15 January 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

ComStar amends “dark” list to include: Botany Bay, Lackhove, Erewhon, Von Strang’s World, Santander’s World.

Botany Bay? KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

#43 Pando

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

I'm enjoying putting the pieces together.

#44 Aym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

BT Made a Botany Bay world to go dark in homage to Star Trek? Not bad.

#45 Ramus McGee

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

Worst case its a pirate king that has all of them worthless plants.We would just have to send in our forces to crush them and show them the power of the dragon

#46 Valdor Constantine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 157 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

i told you all those pirates are getting more organised hitting more and more worlds, but know one wanted to beleive me.

#47 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

Von Strang's World is fairly awesome, the flagpoles have cool decorations......

#48 BritishJesus

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 43 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN, USA, Earth

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

They're coming.

#49 Joanna Conners

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

It's probably nothing more than a solar storm causing interference. Why does ISN have to sensationalize everything? That's the problem with 24/7 (or whatever the rotation rate of your planet) news. They keep going on and on about one thing and ignore all the real news.

Next we're going to have a dozen different pundits explaining the situation that no one knows anything about.

I bet in the ancient days before space flight when all terrans had was news printed on paper that they didn't have to deal with this sort of thing.

#50 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Santander's World is where Helmar Valasek and his band of pirates and cutthroats hang their eyepatches and peglegs. Von Strang's world is almost worse, because those guys are practically Amaris loyalists still, after all these centuries. And this being the Periphery the rest of the worlds on that list are probably just as bad as those two. Maybe Comstar has decided to do the right thing for once and stop offering their services to criminals, scum and undesireables. After all, they interdicted the FedRats during the last Succession War, so why not stop enabling the Periphery scum in their illegal pursuits?

#51 Submersible Fox

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

Honestly I can't say I care much for the Periphery, however, this many planets going dark at the same time should warrant SOME kind of investigation, if for no other reason to confirm the worlds themselves haven't been destroyed by some kind of previously-unknown natural disaster. I mean, really, how much harm would it do to just send a single jumpship out to the closest of these dark worlds, regardless of if it's pirates, comstar's poor maintenance or extortion, or natural causes, being blind to the universe around us could only do us harm in the long run.

OOC reply 1:
God damnit Piranha made ECM so op it blacks out entire PLANETS, NERF IT NOW!! Q.Q

OOC reply 2:
Didnt these worlds go dark in the August to September 3049 wave of the invasion? Which would have been last year?

#52 Aranzor

• PipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

Comstar is just being opportunistic.

My bet is its their own fault, some glitch causing a cascading failure to 1 system. In reporting the issue the way they did to start, and with the looney ideas from others out there, they've realized they can turn it into a perfect opportunity commercially! Now the more than fall to the "dark list," the higher the sensation, and the more of an outcry/money from IS locations to keep their own relays up and running.

#53 Barushkukor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 118 posts
  • LocationAwaiting Orders

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

View PostMorang, on 15 January 2013 - 03:49 AM, said:

So, it's not only Oberon Confederation now. Any news from remaining Oberonian, Valkyrian or Elysian worlds? Also let's wait if high brass of the Trellshire (or Blackjack OA, if Davions insist) or Rasalhague province will make some press releases.

All was too quiet in the IS for some years. Not sure if this is opportunity or danger. Anyway I'd better spend some CBs on servicing my ride.

Province?? I'll have you know we are far more than a province! Come to Skallevol and say that to my face! I'll be in the Twisted Harpy drinking my earnings!

As for systems going dark...there are things in the Abyss that we are safer knowing nothing about...I've seen "things" out there is the dark that will make yer blood run cold!

#54 The Flaming Git

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

View PostLordDante, on 15 January 2013 - 04:26 AM, said:

AAAHHHHHHHHHGHGHGHEHEHEHHHRHRHRRRHHHHHH

BEHOLD !

Abaddon the Despoiler has arrived!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

#55 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

View PostBarushkukor, on 15 January 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

As for systems going dark...there are things in the Abyss that we are safer knowing nothing about...I've seen "things" out there is the dark that will make yer blood run cold!

Now, what would make a Rasalhagian's blood run cold? A planet with no beer, ale or mead? Orders to stop being drunk while on duty? Hey, I'm allowed to say these things. I may be a Draconian, but my name and ancestors are as Scandinavian as any who lived in the Rasalhague Military District when it became the Free Rasalhague Republic by the will of the Coordinator. ;)

#56 Scav3ng3r

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationFree Worlds League

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

The day I start caring about ComStar and the Periphery, is the day Kerensky returns to bring back the Star League.

Like that will ever happen.

OOC: This isn't meta-gaming is it? XD

#57 Barushkukor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 118 posts
  • LocationAwaiting Orders

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 15 January 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

I may be a Draconian, but my name and ancestors are as Scandinavian as any who lived in the Rasalhague Military District when it became the Free Rasalhague Republic by the will of the Coordinator. ;)

Will of the Coordinator my hairy ARSE!

#58 Abrissbirne

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

What's the problem? Did these worlds not pay their phone bills?

#59 iller

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationColo.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

View Postelde, on 15 January 2013 - 02:49 AM, said:

It's periphery. Anything can happen out there, space monsters, pirates, you name it. There are no such things as "clans".

+1 for Oberon theory ... Devs can't even get ECM / Light balance right yet, they'd be insane to move forward with adding Clan LR varients, better streaks, and even smaller hitbox higher tonnage scouts at this point.

Edited by iller, 15 January 2013 - 03:34 PM.

#60 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

All proceeds according to plan... Let the second wave commence!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users