Catapult Loadout?

10 replies to this topic

#1 FrenchDough

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

I spent all of my bonus Cadet credits on my first mech, and decided to get a Catapult. I'm already regretting this. It can barely hold any weapons, has no arms for AC weapons, and is weak compared to the trial mechs.

I currently have it loaded with 4x SRM 6, and it's going awful. I thought that some people had mechs with 6x SRM 6 and dominated. I'm only with 4 and I'm already maxed out with weight.

Any suggestions? I tried LRM 20s and I barely did any damage, especially since they were so heavy the only other weapon I would equip were small lasers.

#2 Xervitus

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

Aside from do a bit more research next time....

Unfortunately the srm6 cat is an expensive build. You need quite a few million invested just in upgrades and the engine.

To be honest just make a mix cat for now, a couple SSRMs and SRM6...and hope you don't run into ECM as much as I do, lol.

#3 FLobinson

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

Assuming you have the CPLT-C4 I personally run THIS load-out and have had great success with it in the past.

#4 Alexandrix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 910 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

From the sounds of it,you have a C4 right?
You are probably going to want to get double heat sinks to save some weight and improve your cooling,first of all.You may also need endo steel depending on how much weight you need for weapons.
The C4 with 4 SRM6 launchers and 2 medium lasers is a pretty good load out.so 4xSRM6,2 med. lasers,as much ammo and heatsinks as you can fit.For engines anything in the XL 260-XL 300 range will probably serve you well.You can use the standard 260 engine that came with the mech,it'd be cheaper,but I'm not sure how much weight you'd have with that one.

All in all,You are going to be spending a lot of money on upgrades to make the mech more beastly.

#5 DEN_Ninja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

I suggest you head over to the Catapult Guides forum. You will find very good early builds for cheap C4 Cats. Unleash the fury of 4 SRMx2 and your Med Q-Spoiling Lasers Med Pulse Lasers.

#6 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Guessing you went with the C4 model? Of all the Catapults, that's probably the one with the hardest to work with hardpoints.

I'd say just load it down with 4x SRM6, 2 medium lasers... Max out the armor, swap to a 305 engine, endo steel, ferro armor...Double sinks... Leaves you witha couple tons open... Maybe an AMS? Or pass on the mediums and go with Artemis?

It is not a forgiving chassis.

#7 Ozric

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

View PostEscef, on 17 January 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

Guessing you went with the C4 model? Of all the Catapults, that's probably the one with the hardest to work with hardpoints.

I'd say just load it down with 4x SRM6, 2 medium lasers... Max out the armor, swap to a 305 engine, endo steel, ferro armor...Double sinks... Leaves you witha couple tons open... Maybe an AMS? Or pass on the mediums and go with Artemis?

It is not a forgiving chassis.

Good advice is good advice.

#8 Taizan

Com Guard

• 1,692 posts
  • LocationGalatea (NRW)

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Moved this topic to the Battlemech sub forum, where it feels more comfortable.

#9 Alexandrix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 910 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

I'd be careful about putting ammo in the arms.That's an explosion waiting to happen,especially since the first target on a missile cat is the ears.The catapults tiny side torso's (with case when using a standard engine) would be a safer bet.or legs.

#10 twibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

If you want SRM or SSRM cat, speed is your lifeblood.

Of the SRM6 variant, if'd perhaps go for this
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3996f292aa7a553

SSRM
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1d3a5248190d01a

#11 Staplebeater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

As stated above go with one of the SRM6 builds or potentially swap SRM6s for SRM4s with artemis to get you a closer group. use the "/" key to open your missile bay doors and use a 300XL and run around and alpha guys in the back. After some time you will get pretty good and timing out your missile shots and can even take down some lights with it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users