Jump to content

Wrong Move Pgi...


57 replies to this topic

#1 Pr8Dator

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 1,117 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSingapore, Japan

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

This game is in no need for another light mech and much less a hero light... so far, from not seeing any "Death Smell" on the field today, I can tell that this new hero is a flop...

If instead of a Spider, you released an Orion and instead of a hero commando, you released a hero Atlas... you will see praises all over the forum...

I don't know whats up with your obsession with light mechs, PGI. Is it that most of you are raven fans in the dev team?

Edited by Pr8Dator, 16 January 2013 - 01:52 AM.


#2 One Medic Army

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,222 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

...
The hero commando hasn't been released yet, which would explain why you haven't seen any of them around.

#3 Apoc1138

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

I think what the other 2 are trying to say is.....

EPIC FAIL

#4 Sears

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • 970 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

Yeah believe the Death's Knell will be next week. I would imagine their content schedule and their technical issue are running parallel and not one after the other so it's unfortunate that these mechs are introduced when the netcode is struggling. Hopefully with some of the netcode changed that are outlined by Matt. C in his netcode roadmap as well as some of the thread responses made there should be some improvements by the time you see the Trebuchet.

#5 DragonsFire

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 650 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

View PostPr8Dator, on 16 January 2013 - 01:51 AM, said:

This game is in no need for another light mech and much less a hero light... so far, from not seeing any "Death Smell" on the field today, I can tell that this new hero is a flop...

If instead of a Spider, you released an Orion and instead of a hero commando, you released a hero Atlas... you will see praises all over the forum...

I don't know whats up with your obsession with light mechs, PGI. Is it that most of you are raven fans in the dev team?


They would see about as much praise as they currently see, which is far too little from the overly negative and vocal forum population. Regardless of what they do, it will always be wrong for someone. And for a number of folks on here, they will be wrong every single time because in the end, all they want to do is complain, and this is their chosen outlet.

#6 Armorpiercer M82

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

no, they just want to sell this new hero crap, because when they firstly introduce hero atlas, then nobody will buy anything else.

#7 Even Dark

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

there will be come more heros why not self after an atlas they can put in a stalker too as exmaple

Edited by Even Dark, 16 January 2013 - 02:12 AM.


#8 Zylo

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

I suspect the reason they are releasing more light mechs is to test netcode related fixes.

If we were all running around in slow assaults would the results of any netcode fixes be clear enough to tell if they were successful?

If you want to look at the financial side you could say they are releasing more lights before netcode fixes balance the light mechs, hoping that some players will buy the hero commando while lights are strong knowing that sales will be slower once lights are balanced with netcode fixes.

#9 Mr Mantis

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationCouch

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

They wont release a hero atlas for a long time, if at all, because it was a founder mech. There are tons of spiders running round right now, just be happy you have some more little ones to pop.

#10 Flitzomat

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationLänger nicht da, aber noch lange nicht weg

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

http://mwomercs.com/game/battlemechs

New Heavy and Assault about to come... where`s the problem?

#11 Johnny Reb

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • Phoenix Overlord
  • Phoenix Overlord
  • 3,904 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

Little to soon to hate on the spider yet. I feel I run a competent version, and if its not up to "clan" standards, so be it, its still fun to roll.

#12 MonkeyCheese

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • Phoenix Talon
  • Phoenix Talon
  • 2,694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

View PostZylo, on 16 January 2013 - 02:07 AM, said:

I suspect the reason they are releasing more light mechs is to test netcode related fixes.



Exactly this ^

Its now making perfect sense to me, what better to test net code problems than a max speed spider that can jump a max distance of 125m, its better now than months down the road when they can say the net code is better then break it with the spider.

The Flea should hopefully run good when it finally comes around.

#13 Pr8Dator

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 1,117 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSingapore, Japan

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 16 January 2013 - 02:28 AM, said:


Exactly this ^

Its now making perfect sense to me, what better to test net code problems than a max speed spider that can jump a max distance of 125m, its better now than months down the road when they can say the net code is better then break it with the spider.

The Flea should hopefully run good when it finally comes around.


OK, this makes sense... oh well. and yes, EPIC FAIL on the hero commando thing hehehe I tot it was released already.

#14 Lynette Steffeld

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 240 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with irregular bus times

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

The spider flies around a lot.

It also runs around quickly.

Other than that it doesn't bring much to the table, but eventually other things are coming.

It's not like they released the spider and decided to YOLO off to the Caribbean forever.

... what's the problem again?

#15 Tarman

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

View PostPr8Dator, on 16 January 2013 - 02:37 AM, said:


OK, this makes sense... oh well. and yes, EPIC FAIL on the hero commando thing hehehe I tot it was released already.



Wait, this thread is being reasonable and even humorous and slightly informative?

MIND=BLOWN

I have stepped into a parallel forum. NOTHING IS THE SAME ANYMOAR D:

#16 Lynette Steffeld

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 240 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with irregular bus times

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

View PostTarman, on 16 January 2013 - 03:04 AM, said:

Wait, this thread is being reasonable and even humorous and slightly informative? MIND=BLOWN I have stepped into a parallel forum. NOTHING IS THE SAME ANYMOAR D:


You obviously missed our Cataphract Waterfowl hunt thread yesterday...

#17 Kahoumono

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:10 AM

The spider wouldn't be so bad if they had netcode fixed and larger maps. The same goest for the hero mech. Right now they are just ******* people off because you can't hit them.

#18 Thaddius

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

I found a spider that got stuck on a wall earlier tonight. 36SRM rounds made him pretty. But seriously I thought that with the Fang/Flame hoero addition made the middle a little heavy as far as hero mechs went. I hope that a Hero Stalker or Awesome comes up next to balance it out.

#19 Whiski

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • 179 posts
  • LocationSt. John's, Newfoundland, Canada

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

View PostKahoumono, on 16 January 2013 - 03:10 AM, said:

The spider wouldn't be so bad if they had netcode fixed and larger maps. The same goest for the hero mech. Right now they are just ******* people off because you can't hit them.


I can hit them when they jump jet, hell I shot one out of the air last night on Frozen City. He JJ'ed in the air about 2 grids away....I let lose with an ac5 barrage and 2 LL's. I seen his lifeless mech fall from the sky...he did have damage prior to me shooting him but I did feel good about it and I lol'ed.

But yes, net code and hit box all need some major fixing.

#20 CypherHalo

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

View PostDragonsFire, on 16 January 2013 - 02:00 AM, said:


They would see about as much praise as they currently see, which is far too little from the overly negative and vocal forum population. Regardless of what they do, it will always be wrong for someone. And for a number of folks on here, they will be wrong every single time because in the end, all they want to do is complain, and this is their chosen outlet.


Fair criticism but I'm still not impressed by this game. I do think we could all tone down the negativity though.

That said, I hope in a few months this game will be all I think it can be, right now it's disappointing.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users