Pgi: Where's My Jenner-K's Ecm?

89 replies to this topic

#1 Kunae

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

You've now come out with a variant of a light, with jump-jets, with ECM. All other lights, and one fast medium, have an ECM variant. I ask you this:

Where is the ability to put ECM on a Jenner?

Why would anyone ever play a Jenner now, if you don't?

Why do you hate people who like Jenners?

Edited by Kunae, 15 January 2013 - 11:22 AM.

#2 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

The day of the jenner has ended.

#3 Tice Daurus

• 2,001 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

Give it time. They'll eventually put it on there. Until then...here is some cheese with that whine. :P

#4 GioAvanti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

Spider is not a jenner.... in fact a jenner should easily kill an ecm spider.

#5 Jacmac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

View PostGioAvanti, on 15 January 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

If you define easy as training medium lasers on a warping high speed gnat for half of a match.

#6 Myworstfear

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 32 posts

I'd rather not go back to the days of only seeing Jenners. They're still better than any non ECM light but I do think they need a little help getting their scouting role back.

#7 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

:P

Not sure what relevance that comparison has.

#8 Tabrias07

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 482 posts

Jenner is fast, heavily armed and armored for a light. I see no reason why it needs an ECM variant.

#9 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

View PostM A L I C E, on 15 January 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

Jenner is still faster. Jenner is the more heavily armed and armored. Jenner still has very capable jump capability. Fair mechs are fair.
:P

The Jenner is not faster, or if so, it's marginal.(like 1-2kph)

You obviously haven't played a Jenner since the JJ nerf.

View PostTabrias07, on 15 January 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

Jenner is fast, heavily armed and armored for a light. I see no reason why it needs an ECM variant.

Could you tell me please... have you played a Jenner lately? And how many Jenners have you seen around, in the last month?

#10 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

View PostKunae, on 15 January 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

You've now come out with a variant of a light, with jump-jets, with ECM. All other lights, and one fast medium, have an ECM variant. I ask you this:

Where is the ability to put ECM on a Jenner?

Why would anyone ever play a Jenner now, if you don't?

Why do you hate people who like Jenners?

Dude. I'm asking for a Canon Stalker variant with ECM and nope. We have 2 lights already why not another Assault. Especially one that has a Canon reason to have it unlike the Atlas I now use.

#11 KKRonkka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

No ECM for Jenner, for ANY variants, Amen. Its reign of terror have been experienced and it was long enough. Until they fix netcode ECM Jenner would totally ruin any game - fast, well armed and tough as hell and only counter - streaks and lrms - would be useless.

ECM lights will hopefully be easier to kill with lasers/ballistics in next month if they fulfil their promise to improve netcode.

#12 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

View PostMyworstfear, on 15 January 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

I'd rather not go back to the days of only seeing Jenners. They're still better than any non ECM light but I do think they need a little help getting their scouting role back.
This has zero to do with Jenners. What you were experiencing was the removal of collisions.

Don't blame the Jenner, simply because PGI chose to break the game, in favor of lights, when they chose to remove the knock-down mechanic, arbitrarily.

View PostKKRonkka, on 15 January 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

No ECM for Jenner, for ANY variants, Amen. Its reign of terror have been experienced and it was long enough. Until they fix netcode ECM Jenner would totally ruin any game - fast, well armed and tough as hell and only counter - streaks and lrms - would be useless. ECM lights will hopefully be easier to kill with lasers/ballistics in next month if they fulfil their promise to improve netcode.

See above.

#13 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

I have seen jenners used several times in the past week. I myself still hop in my jenner.

Crazy thing the last time I used my jenner a player using an Atlas D-DC with ECM started flaming me after I killed him. I was exploiting the game with lag shield. Never mind that the rest of his team pounced on me right after I killed him.

#14 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 15 January 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

Dude. I'm asking for a Canon Stalker variant with ECM and nope. We have 2 lights already why not another Assault. Especially one that has a Canon reason to have it unlike the Atlas I now use.

Honestly, the Stalker should have it, if any... and Atlases should not.

View PostDirus Nigh, on 15 January 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

I have seen jenners used several times in the past week. I myself still hop in my jenner. Crazy thing the last time I used my jenner a player using an Atlas D-DC with ECM started flaming me after I killed him. I was exploiting the game with lag shield. Never mind that the rest of his team pounced on me right after I killed him.

Yep. But it sounds like they didn't happen to have any Raven-3L's or Commando 2-D's, that match. Otherwise that DDC could have just sat back and watched, as you were "molested".

#15 Morang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

I thought they will put ECM on a SDR-5V because it only has two CT energy hardpoints. So two Med Pulses is its max armament, and it's the only undergunned Spider. In the arm of SDR-5D (one which currently has ECM) you could install anything you want, up to PPC (or install two-slot ERLL in the CT for ranged work and have two close-in backups of choice in the arm with wide field of fire), and SDR-5K can carry twin AC/2. They have no idea about balance.

#16 Kaldor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

SSRMs or not? F variant with 6 mediums could do it easily providing they are moving the same speed. The speed is the problem. See the rest of my post.

View PostVassago Rain, on 15 January 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

The day of the jenner has ended.

Doubt it. The Jenner is still the best light. Personally I hope once the netcode gets sorted the Jenner F comes back in full force killing all the bad light pilots that relied on lag shield and ECM.

View PostTice Daurus, on 15 January 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

Give it time. They'll eventually put it on there. Until then...here is some cheese with that whine. :P

NomNomNom!!

View PostM A L I C E, on 15 January 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

Jenner is still faster. Jenner is the more heavily armed and armored. Jenner still has very capable jump capability. Fair mechs are fair.

All lights run the same speed within a couple KPH with their max engines in them. The Spider is also 129 base, so it will easily hit the speed limit of 150. Once they lift the speed limit and let the Spider and Commandos run faster, then we will see some real variations on what lights are running. Right now there really is no reason to run anything other than a Raven 3L.

The Spider will be nothing but a speedbump for a Raven 3L or maybe a Commando 2D. The Jenner will also be able to kill it because they cant run SSRMs and the Jenner packs more firepower and armor.

Until they give Commandos and Spiders the ability to have a higher top speed than the Raven and Jenner, they will be nothing but fodder for the better armed and armored mechs in that speed class.

#17 Tabrias07

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 482 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostKunae, on 15 January 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

Could you tell me please... have you played a Jenner lately? And how many Jenners have you seen around, in the last month?

I don't like jenners myself, Centurions mostly, but I played about 16 hours over the weekend and there was at least 1 enemy jenner in almost every match. ECM doesn't need to be on every mech to make them good.

#18 Asakara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 977 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

I support the Jenner K getting ECM.

I also support the Stalker 3F getting the option to be a 3Fb.

#19 Korm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

Jenner doesn't need ECM. I'm happy to see commando/raven actually viable.

Yet I hate the lagshield, ECM plus lagshield is actually the only reason why ecm light boats draw so much hate.

#20 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostTabrias07, on 15 January 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

I don't like jenners myself, Centurions mostly, but I played about 16 hours over the weekend and there was at least 1 enemy jenner in almost every match. ECM doesn't need to be on every mech to make them good.

Any non-ecm light will get eaten by any ECM light with SSRM's.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users