12 replies to this topic

#1 Rasputyn

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 25 posts
  • LocationEngland, South Coast

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

I can deal with either just fine, until the entire enemy team is sporting both (usually a pack of raven's (which combined with net-code issues makes it almost impossible to kill the gits!). Would it suit battletech/Mechwarrior to make ECM and STRK mutually exclusive, no more strk raven sqd's you can barely hit with lasers. The only other solution i can think of atm is to have strk's take up 2 slots, weigh more (or 20-50 ammo a ton) or generate lots of heat. I would like to point out that I can and have played this way but it seemed to easy. Plus the main brilliance of this game is in all the stompy's you can pilot, so please dont make them obselete (or at least 5x more difficult that strk'y ravens)

Cheers all input welcome sry if there is arlready a topic or I posted in wrong place (new to this forum thing!)

Ras

(side thought : shouldnt an unguided srm have a larger payload than a targeted missile which needs electronic guidance?)

Edited by Rasputyn, 17 January 2013 - 04:50 AM.

#2 Max Immelmann

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

ecm should only help the mech that has it.

#3 Lorren Jaffray

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

View PostImmelmann, on 17 January 2013 - 04:40 AM, said:

ecm should only help the mech that has it.

It already mostly does, you can usually get a lock on the ones that don't.

#4 Yogsothoz

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

If ECM is to stay in its current form, allow ECM to be mounted on all mechs. Problem solved...sort of.

#5 AlexWildeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 549 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

Easiest and best solution would be as follows:

1) Return all missiles to their original purpose. (ie....missiles were intended to soften a target, remove tons of armor. Not to take a 434/434 armored target and reduce it to slag in less then 30 seconds.)

2) Adjust ECM to it's intended useage instead of using it like a bad bandaid to the missile problem.

Yes, you'll get tons of complaints from the easy mode crowd but it will reduce the ECM lights AND reduce the missile rainbows and return matches to a more reasonable pace.

#6 Havyek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

I've made this suggestion before in the Suggestions area, but I think the best way to change ECM would be to make it a single target, activated jammer.

Either take a ECM 'Mech to the enemy missile boat, and jam it. Or take one to the enemy ECM that's jamming your missile boat, and counter it (jam the jammer).

It could passively work for just the ECM carrying 'Mech to reduce radar range like it currently does.

#7 Fat Samurai

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:12 AM

I swear I'm going to create a macro to copypaste this **** into any threads arguing about ECM.

Here, straight from the horse's mouth. ECM is being rebalanced, and no amount of noise is going to get it done any faster.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1750287

Also, no dev is going to have an Eureka! moment because of our suggestions, that are usually spur-of-the-moment, untested silly ideas. Now stop whining and posting the same thread over and over again, please.

Edited by Fat Samurai, 17 January 2013 - 06:13 AM.

#8 Rasputyn

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

='Fat Samurai' timestamp

"I swear I'm going to create a macro to copypaste this **** into any threads arguing about ECM.
Here, straight from the horse's mouth. ECM is being rebalanced, and no amount of noise is going to get it done any faster.
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1750287
Also, no dev is going to have an Eureka! moment because of our suggestions, that are usually spur-of-the-moment, untested silly ideas. Now stop whining and posting the same thread over and over again, please."

(see top !!!!!Cheers all input welcome sry if there is arlready a topic or I posted in wrong place (new to this forum thing!)!!!! )

Its not just ecm im worried about ****. If the netcode is going to take ages to fix then it would be nice to have a possible rebalance of strk's, or their availiability to mechs that, with current code are 'difficult' to hit 120+ (or disallow missile hardpoints on ecm carriers!) that would make ecm a team tool, not a personal one.

If you don't want to hear the comments, don't read them......

simple..............

your wasting pixels whining about someone who has invested in this game and wants to see the best of it - therefore the devs need feedback -. i understand they get more than they read - but it dosn't go unnoticed

I'm bored from typing about a comment I care nothing about......
cheers FatSam!
Easy

Edited by Rasputyn, 17 January 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#9 Rasputyn

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostYogsothoz, on 17 January 2013 - 04:52 AM, said:

If ECM is to stay in its current form, allow ECM to be mounted on all mechs. Problem solved...sort of.

Yeah but make it steal two hardpoints or somthing stupid lol

#10 Joe Luck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

They should Buff the hell out of AMS. Currently, I don't know many people that really run AMS since it's pointless vs the stalker or atlas lrm boats and does nothing really versus streaks. This would be a "stop-gap" fix not a real solution but would solve some problems until they fix other issues. ECM vs streaks was a bad idea.

#11 Havyek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

View PostJoe Luck, on 17 January 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

They should Buff the hell out of AMS. Currently, I don't know many people that really run AMS since it's pointless vs the stalker or atlas lrm boats and does nothing really versus streaks. This would be a "stop-gap" fix not a real solution but would solve some problems until they fix other issues. ECM vs streaks was a bad idea.

Terrible idea.

By making AMS more effective against boats, 'Mechs that can only carry 2 LRMs become worthless and wastes of tonnage.

Best solution to LRMs?
DON'T STAND IN THE OPEN!

To add, I've had trial Cents fire their LRM10s at me and had AMS take down every single missile.

Edited by BDU Havoc, 17 January 2013 - 11:49 AM.

#12 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

View PostAlexWildeagle, on 17 January 2013 - 05:16 AM, said:

Easiest and best solution would be as follows:

1) Return all missiles to their original purpose. (ie....missiles were intended to soften a target, remove tons of armor. Not to take a 434/434 armored target and reduce it to slag in less then 30 seconds.)

2) Adjust ECM to it's intended useage instead of using it like a bad bandaid to the missile problem.

Yes, you'll get tons of complaints from the easy mode crowd but it will reduce the ECM lights AND reduce the missile rainbows and return matches to a more reasonable pace.

Though tbh, if you have two 'mechs firing 2 LRM-20s each at that target 9 times over a 30s interval... It becomes slag. People loved their Archers on TT for a good reason.

That said, the damage on LRMs in MWO right now is probably too high, though the travel speed is much too low, and the two sort of offset each other. I consider this an artifact of PGI choosing to emphasize the LRMs indirect fire mode as it's primary usage, as opposed to TT where it was a secondary capability that required a dedicated spotter and incurred a small accuracy penalty. As a result LRM barrages can do massive damage rapidly, are very easy to coordinate with indirect-fire, but are also very easy for even the slowest 'mechs to dodge outside of ~300-400m. In a way this is fairly balanced (since while the firer has a pretty easy time chucking ordinance downrange, the target can maneuver to avoid damage in most cases), I do think the system could be set up a little better to encourage tactical usage, rather than "Ooooh, radar blip! Firefirefirefirefirefire!!!" and saturating the landscape with ordinance.

#13 Rasputyn

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

View PostBDU Havoc, on 17 January 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

Terrible idea.

By making AMS more effective against boats, 'Mechs that can only carry 2 LRMs become worthless and wastes of tonnage.

Best solution to LRMs?
DON'T STAND IN THE OPEN!

To add, I've had trial Cents fire their LRM10s at me and had AMS take down every single missile.

I'd be fine with ams being same as is with lrm, it's fast ecm srtk's that simply have a walk in the park, evading, causing skill'less dmg to anything other than a faster mech, - And with present netcode all other weapon types are presently less effective although the devs slowing is a reaally crap fix for the time - if such is the case.
so just buff it against strks
or smash every strk in the universe and be done with it lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users