Double Xp Weekend!

82 replies to this topic

#41 StonedDead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOn a rock, orbiting a giant nuclear reactor

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

Bummer, I don't need xp at the moment. I would be more interested in seeing a double C-Bill weekend though, hint, hint. :D Just throwing that out there.

#42 trebormills

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 133 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

I think double xp and/or c-bill events are a great idea- do this often!

Sadly I may be unable to make maximum use of this weekend as other things planned. Which is making me a sad panda as I really need xp right now to elite up my mechs.

#43 Frenchtoastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

There was a suggestion at some point for there to be a "daily, personal first win of the day" bonus. For some reason this particular event makes me think of that. Maybe a similar direction? Eitherway, I complain when things go wrong, so I might as well give a big thumbs up for special events that can only do this game good. Thanks, devs. :D

#44 xZaOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

Now how can I find a way to complain about this. Because clearly we complain about everything.

This game is FREE TO WIN! GET THE PITCHFORKS...wait a minute.

#45 Inertiaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

Looking forward to this - if only to xp up the bad ravens.

Still not activating my premium time though :)

#46 Magik0012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

"To truly maximize XP earning potential, MechWarrior pilots can stack up other XP-boosting techniques such as their Founder benefits, Premium Time and Hero Mech XP-boosts to unlock powerful pilot enhancements quickly."

As has been stated.. Founders and Hero Mechs have no XP boost. Only Premie time gives additional XP. Nice job PGI/IGP.

It would be nice to fast-track some XP for my 3rd 'Phract variant (once I choose it), but I will be away from the internet during the majority of this event. Woe is me.

#47 Ranger207

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LocationI iz in ur matchez, killing ur battlemechz

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

Really? Couldn't you have picked a better weekend? BrickFair Alabama is this weekend!

#48 SteelyDan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 305 posts
  • LocationChicago Ill

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

In, in, IS!!!! :rolleyes:

#49 Magik0012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Well.. you fixed the errors here on the website (about Founder/Hero Mech XP) but the newsletter I just got has the incorrect info in it..

"YOU: Really?

US: That’s right, every match you play will reward you with TWICE what you’d normally earn – and that’s on top of any Premium Time bonus you already get. Use a Hero Mech to stack your XP even higher, plus Founder’s get ANOTHER boost on top! Here’s a handy-dandy graphic to highlight how to maximise your XP, starting Jan 18^th 10am."

Nice jorb.

#50 Shok

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

Would have been nice to know of this earlier. I'll be out of town with no access to the game.

Shok

#51 UnseenFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 961 posts
  • LocationСтрана Мечты (Strana Mechty)

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

I CAN IMAGINE the amount of RAGE if HERO commando would be mounting ECM + 4 streaks.

NO ONE NEEDS YOUR HERO COMMANDO!

The game is broken because of ECM+streaks+lag shield. If you playing in a LIGHT mech without ECM you are useless for your team and a dead meat when the swarm of ECM ravens/commandos comes at you with their no skill aimbot streaks.

I played 60 games today in a new account, I ABSOLUTELY R4PED 15 light mechs with the ECM commando 3 streaks and they couldn't even get my armor to orange. Your game is broken. And only a r3tard would buy a hero commando.

Edited by Paran01ac, 17 January 2013 - 12:43 PM.

#52 DirePhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

View PostBeath Van, on 17 January 2013 - 01:16 AM, said:

Hm. What's these new Modules?
Are they in (Edit: yes they are... you'll find it at the Pilot Tree)
Edit: Will they come with the XP-Boost Patch (will there be a Patch? On Friday?)?
Or with the Patch Jan 22.? Costs?
Edit: Would have been nicer, if we may get extensive information ( in the Dev's Corner or even the PatchNotes).

I take it you didn't actually read the patch notes?

New Modules:

- New Pilot Module: Target Decay. Target Decay increases the time it takes to lose a target once line of sight is lost. Default time is 2 seconds.

- Rank 1: Increases target decay time to 2.75 seconds. Costs 5000 XP.

- Rank 2: Increases target decay time to 3.5 seconds. Costs 7500 XP.

- Adding a new rank to the Sensor Range Pilot Module

- Rank 2: Increases the boost to sensor range from 15% to 25%. Costs 7500 XP.

Edited by DirePhoenix, 17 January 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#53 Pando

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

So,

How many persons received an email here recently (today) from MWO stating something about a new end-game summary screen depicted in a screenshot? Also, the "exp" chart showing the various bonuses like premium time or founders.

Edited by Pando, 17 January 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#54 Pando

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostThontor, on 17 January 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

No email here yet, and I'm definitely signed up to get them.

We knew about the new end of match summary screen coming soon from the roadmaps.

Looking forward to seeing what you describe.

Yes, It's just strange how it's mentioned in the email. Send me a PM with your email and I'll forward the message.

#55 Void2258

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 500 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Call me when I don't have to waste time level 2 mech variants I don't want to play in just to get the higher level skills. Until then, my mechs are all leveled as much as they are going to be.

Edited by Void2258, 17 January 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#56 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

You mean this gem right here?

Posted Image

#57 Pando

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

View PostSixStringSamurai, on 17 January 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

You mean this gem right here?

Posted Image

Yes that.

#58 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

View PostPando, on 17 January 2013 - 02:48 PM, said:

Yes that.

I think it looks awesome in game.....oh wait.

#59 Krzysztof z Bagien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 710 posts
  • LocationUć, Poland

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostPando, on 17 January 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

So,

How many persons received an email here recently (today) from MWO stating something about a new end-game summary screen depicted in a screenshot? Also, the "exp" chart showing the various bonuses like premium time or founders.

Like this:

Latest Patch Details
Hurry up and get patching your client today, as we have some additional new fixes and content that you can read all about here.
Included in this week’s patch is our brand new end of round screen! Just what has changed, I hear you not asking me? Virtually everything!

The screen is divided into the following sections:

Posted Image

• Team Stats: These show the stats of the players on each team, including their rank, faction, Mech, Status at the end of the match, Combat Score, and Ping!
  • Personal Performance: These show your C-Bills earned (broken into Win/Loss, Kills, Kill Assists, Component Destruction, Damage Done, Spotting Assists, and Salvage Bonus!) Beside that, you can see your Combat Score, Damage Done total, Kills, and Kill Assists! Beside THAT, you can see your XP earned broken into: Win, Component Destruction, Kill Shots, Kill Assists, and Spotting Assists!

There is also a list of the map, mode, and time it took to complete the battle, as well as the end result of the match. We think this is a comprehensive and fantastic change, and we hope you enjoy it too!

Makes me wonder... Am i missing something, or what?

Edited by Krzysztof z Bagien, 17 January 2013 - 03:11 PM.

#60 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostKrzysztof z Bagien, on 17 January 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

Like this:

Latest Patch Details
Hurry up and get patching your client today, as we have some additional new fixes and content that you can read all about here.
Included in this week’s patch is our brand new end of round screen! Just what has changed, I hear you not asking me? Virtually everything!

The screen is divided into the following sections:

Posted Image

• Team Stats: These show the stats of the players on each team, including their rank, faction, Mech, Status at the end of the match, Combat Score, and Ping!
  • Personal Performance: These show your C-Bills earned (broken into Win/Loss, Kills, Kill Assists, Component Destruction, Damage Done, Spotting Assists, and Salvage Bonus!) Beside that, you can see your Combat Score, Damage Done total, Kills, and Kill Assists! Beside THAT, you can see your XP earned broken into: Win, Component Destruction, Kill Shots, Kill Assists, and Spotting Assists!
There is also a list of the map, mode, and time it took to complete the battle, as well as the end result of the match. We think this is a comprehensive and fantastic change, and we hope you enjoy it too!

Makes me wonder... Am i missing something, or what?

No but apparently they are....

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users